Upgrading Drinks portion of Plus package

bwgreen

Hi,

We have a cruise booked next May on the Regal. and both my wife and I have the Plus package - the one with drinks, wifi, gratuities, etc... and I was wondering - I drink Single Malt Scotch and on Celebrity I upgrade just MY drinks package to allow those to be included.  Can I do the same with the drinks package in the Plus?

Thanks,

Brian

1 hour ago, bwgreen said:

Hi,

We have a cruise booked next May on the Regal. and both my wife and I have the Plus package - the one with drinks, wifi, gratuities, etc... and I was wondering - I drink Single Malt Scotch and on Celebrity I upgrade just MY drinks package to allow those to be included.  Can I do the same with the drinks package in the Plus?

Thanks,

Brian

You would have to upgrade the package to Pramier and both people in the stateroom would have to do so I believe. Or you can just pay the overage for amounts over $15 plus 18% gratuity 

• Like 2

I often drink single malt scotch and there are several that fit within the limits ($15) of the Plus package. If you have the "older" Plus 40 or Plus 50 package the app may well say you are limited to $12 drinks but the app is wrong!

Check this link for more recent (increased) pricing. You will have to scroll down quite a way to find the Scotch. Remember: If something is more than the limit - for instance $16 - you will only be charged the difference plus 18% of the difference. In the case of a drink that is $16 you would be charged $1.18. It is often much cheaper to pay the upcharge than to pay for the more expensive drink package.

https://profcruise.com/new-princess-drink-prices-2023/

In addition to the above link - which shows drinks as they are shown in the Medallion App - here is a snip from another updated menu.

image.png.c77246013921a144d977903da14a0b82.png

NOTE: On our cruise last December - Ruby Princess through the New Locks of the Panama Canal - They added this item to the menu. The price listed is per single shot.

Macallan Oscuro.JPG

4 hours ago, bwgreen said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Brian

No, you cannot upgrade just the beverage package portion of the Plus Cruise Package - particularly, as you're not even paying close to the beverage package peice in the Cruise Package to begin with 

If you want the Premier beverage package, you'll either need to cancel the Plus Cruise Package for both of you, and book the Premier Cruise Package for both. 

Or, cancel the Plus Cruise Package and pay for items a la carte, that way you can have the Premier beverage package and your wife could have the Plus beverage package or Zero Proof package or no beverage package at all.

Unfortunately, Princess made major unnecessary confusion by naming the Cruise Packages the same as the beverage packages - which makes for endless, unnecessary confusion and conflicting info.

The Plus/Premier Cruise Packages are set, bundled and not alterable.. the same one has to be purchased by the 1st two passengers in a cabin - if one wants it, the other has to have the same.

The stand-alone beverage packages however, can be purchased by one or the other, no requirement for all adults or all passengers to have a package, etc.  However - the stand-alone Plus or Premier beverage packages cost a lot more than the bundled Cruise Packages! Bundling saves - at the loss of being able to modify your Cruise Package.. 

So, long story short - back to the top: no, you cannot upgrade the beverage package portion of your Cruise Package.. it's as is, bundled and set, not alterable.. 

Fortunately, if you want a drink over the $15 cap, you pay the difference plus 18% gratuity - and as you can see from the drink menus, most all are at or under the cap.. drink prices are much more reasonable on Princess versus Celebrity.... 

On 6/13/2023 at 4:36 AM, Thrak said:

I often drink single malt scotch and there are several that fit within the limits ($15) of the Plus package. If you have the "older" Plus 40 or Plus 50 package the app may well say you are limited to $12 drinks but the app is wrong!

Check this link for more recent (increased) pricing. You will have to scroll down quite a way to find the Scotch. Remember: If something is more than the limit - for instance $16 - you will only be charged the difference plus 18% of the difference. In the case of a drink that is $16 you would be charged $1.18. It is often much cheaper to pay the upcharge than to pay for the more expensive drink package.

https://profcruise.com/new-princess-drink-prices-2023/

In addition to the above link - which shows drinks as they are shown in the Medallion App - here is a snip from another updated menu.

image.png.c77246013921a144d977903da14a0b82.png

NOTE: On our cruise last December - Ruby Princess through the New Locks of the Panama Canal - They added this item to the menu. The price listed is per single shot.

Macallan Oscuro.JPG

Hello and thanks for all the information . yes I have the older Beverage package 50 booked jan 23 for a Aug cruise on enchanted princess and my app says $12. I called princess and yes, the app is wrong. My question is , the new drink packages include cakes and  the new unlimited juice bar which mine doesn’t . But surely if all my non alcoholic drinks are included up to $15 then isn’t the juice bar also unlimited for me at no extra cost ? 
mark 🙂

5 hours ago, markgreenway99 said:

But surely if all my non alcoholic drinks are included up to $15 then isn’t the juice bar also unlimited for me at no extra cost ?

Nope. That $15 limit is for alcoholic beverages. There is no set amount for non-alcoholic beverages but there is a specific list of items that are included. The juice bar items are not on that list. You can get regular juices though. I often have Orange Juice or Tomato Juice with breakfast. You can "spiff up" your juice by ordering a Virgin Bloody Mary. With OJ you could always order a Virgin Screwdriver if you wanted to be a smart alec just to see what the bartender had to say. (I've read that ordering a Virgin Martini can get you a glass with an olive in it but have never tried it to see...)

• Haha 1