P&O in Summer?

Cook Islands are actually quite a long way from Auckland, further than Sydney to Port Vila.  It would be 3 sea days each way so hard to see it being a popular option.  

From Auckland, P&O still tend to concentrate on New Caledonia and Vanuatu but Fiji is also possible on a 10 day itinerary.

1 minute ago, reeves35 said:

Cook Islands are actually quite a long way from Auckland, further than Sydney to Port Vila.  It would be 3 sea days each way so hard to see it being a popular option.  

From Auckland, P&O still tend to concentrate on New Caledonia and Vanuatu but Fiji is also possible on a 10 day itinerary.

I have flown to Rarotonga, the Cook Islands via NZ, then Aitutaki.  I didn't realise it was as far from NZ.  It must be closer to Tahiti, as there are cruises to Cook Islands from Tahiti. On my wish list!

I'm one of these crazy people who actually enjoys sea days.😄

Need to crunch the numbers, but I wouldn't mind doing a repositioning cruise (maybe when RCL repositions  from Brisbane to Hawaii) at some future date.

1 minute ago, ceeceeDee said:

Need to crunch the numbers, but I wouldn't mind doing a repositioning cruise (maybe when RCL repositions  from Brisbane to Hawaii) at some future date.

I cruised from Hawaii to Sydney on Rhapsody of the Seas inaugural charter.  It was full of Aussies and probably the best cruise I've been on for passengers and itinerary.  

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Thanks, Marion. I agree, I would never opt for interior. Up until our last cruise we have opted for ocean view or equivalent. I like natural light and often if I get up during the night, I like to watch the waves. Our last cruise we opted for a mini suite and the balcony really did get some serious use. So from here on in, we're spoilt. Nothing less than a balcony for us.

We often cruised in inside cabins pre-pandemic but after 35 nights on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 I decided enough was enough. Luckily we had a minisuite when I got Covid on the Round Australia cruise - I would have been stir crazy if I'd been in an inside cabin for six days. It's balcony cabins or better for us now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We often cruised in inside cabins pre-pandemic but after 35 nights on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in 2019 I decided enough was enough. Luckily we had a minisuite when I got Covid on the Round Australia cruise - I would have been stir crazy if I'd been in an inside cabin for six days. It's balcony cabins or better for us now.

Me too.  Since Covid, I won’t cruise in an inside cabin.  It is balcony only now.

On 6/14/2023 at 11:17 AM, ceeceeDee said:

We have done 2 repositioning cruises on RCL Freo to Vietnam and Freo to Singapore via Vietnam and we love lots of sea days! You get what you pay for when you are at sea all the time and it makes the drinks package worth while too lol

My SIL did the Sydney to Hawaii repositioning cruise on RCL and loved it, I think there was only 2 stops.