Booking shore excursions and dining res

StoryMag

So excited to be in my official 60 day window! Tried to book shore excursions and dining reservations, however can’t seem to figure out how. I thought maybe the “My Reservations” button would become active at 60 days, but it hasn’t. Is there another way to do this? Am I missing something? 

IMG_1169.jpeg

Accessing and booking is not a problem. Except now I have to cancel one to get a different time and it won’t let me.

also, can’t make dinner reservations. It says that I have  already  booked that restaurant. I’m thinking it is  because I’m on the first segment and booked two.

will try later

20 minutes ago, bayonejoe said:

Accessing and booking is not a problem. Except now I have to cancel one to get a different time and it won’t let me.

also, can’t make dinner reservations. It says that I have  already  booked that restaurant. I’m thinking it is  because I’m on the first segment and booked two.

will try later

Right now there is a problem with the dining reservations if you are on the back to back. It is not allowing you to make new reservations on that second cruise if you already booked them on the first cruise. I've reported it to Crystal.

For dining reservations I have had two cancel two different times to change the reservations because you can only use the change button if you want to dine on the same night but a different time.

The first time I did this it took a while but an hour ago I cancelled one other and it took me seconds.

If you just want a different time for the same day try to go with the change button and if that does not work cancel the reservation and then book a new one.

Keith

I am new to Cruise Critic (just joined today) My husband and I are on Serenity’s inaugural sailing as well as the second one. I’ve had the same problem booking the specialty restaurants because of being on back to back cruises. 

On 6/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, bayonejoe said:

will try later

Same problem for me. Not fixed yet?

Yes, Crystal is aware that those on the back to back cruise cannot make restaurant reservations for the second voyage if they have already made them at all three for their first voyage. They are working on getting this problem corrected.

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I only made reservations at two of them. (One time for each of my two favorite specialty restaurants and only for the inaugural cruise.) I’m not interested in reserving Tastes. Do you know how regular dining reservations will work for the Main dining room? No way to book times or table sizes in advance? I’m a “dinosaur” but I really liked the early/late seating system. 

2 minutes ago, PTIGIRL said:

Do you know how regular dining reservations will work for the Main dining room? No way to book times or table sizes in advance? I’m a “dinosaur” but I really liked the early/late seating system. 

The main dining room, waterside is open seating.  No reservations are required.  Several years ago, crystal went to open seating so there is no assigned seating and specific times.  Go at the time that works for you.

Nancy

I went back to my notes and did see that we had “open dining” on that 2020 cruise. 
It was never an issue then, so it should be fine now, too. Can’t imagine why I was concerned about it. 

4 hours ago, PTIGIRL said:

I went back to my notes and did see that we had “open dining” on that 2020 cruise. 
It was never an issue then, so it should be fine now, too. Can’t imagine why I was concerned about it. 

The one difference you should see which is positive is with a lower overall guest capacity on both ships due to the conversion of some rooms to suites, public venues will be less crowded than before including the dining venues.

Keith

I found even with open dining after the first couple of dinners they knew where we wanted to sit ans as we approached they told the waiter to take is to table xx.   Worked out great - we generally don't eat with others on cruises.

Edited by ctjon
  • Like 1

Great news!

For those of you who are on the back-to-back Serenity July 31 Marseille to Lisbon Cruise and the August 12 Lisbon to Southampton Cruises you can now make restaurant reservations for the second cruise. The only exception is the system is not allowing you to make a reservation for August 12 which is turn-around day. I have already let Crystal know about this.

Keith

1 hour ago, Keith1010 said:
Great news!

For those of you who are on the back-to-back Serenity July 31 Marseille to Lisbon Cruise and the August 12 Lisbon to Southampton Cruises you can now make restaurant reservations for the second cruise. The only exception is the system is not allowing you to make a reservation for August 12 which is turn-around day. I have already let Crystal know about this.

Keith

Thanks. 

I want to add if your first cruise is in Lisbon you could book make a restaurant reservation for 8/12. The problem with when it is a back to back. Crystal has told me they are looking into it after I had reported this one problem.

Keith

Keith , are they working on the ability to make dining reservations with others on the ship? The temporary fix is to email crystal but that’s not a good long term solution! I can just imagine he number of emails that crystal will receive and/or the number of people that will be lined up on embarkation day to see Leo or Remi. Thanks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, happy cruising said:

Keith , are they working on the ability to make dining reservations with others on the ship? The temporary fix is to email crystal but that’s not a good long term solution! I can just imagine he number of emails that crystal will receive and/or the number of people that will be lined up on embarkation day to see Leo or Remi. Thanks. 

I haven’t asked because I know they are very busy but will. 

Keith. 

Exellent news. If you are on the 7/31 and 8/12 Crystal Serenity cruises Crystal has implemented a fix so you can now book a specialty restaurant for the evening of 8/12. Remember if you already have booked the three venues for the second cruise in order to add 8/12 you would need to cancel the reservation you already made for the same venue on another date for that second cruise.

Keith