Venezia 1st cruise out of NYC to Bermuda June 15

shof515

On 6/15/2023 at 2:14 PM, shof515 said:

Today is Venezia first cruise out of New York and first cruise to Bermuda  

Embarkation at the terminal is somewhat disorganized.  At the terminal they check the boarding pass documents first when you walk into the terminal, then security and then boarding the ship. Make sure to have the boarding pass printed out on paper. A digital copy is not accepted.  There is a separate line to print out a copy if needed.  they can be a long slow moving line outside that terminal that can snake down to the other piers. 

20230615_115800.jpg

20230615_122212.jpg

20230615_122317.jpg

20230615_122657.jpg

Late to the party but I got here!! 

I'll get my drink and be ready to catch up!

Thanks for taking us along!

Hugs from Texas!!

2 hours ago, carsastic said:

Born in Brooklyn, lived in Manhattan for many years , Both grandparents were born in Italy.  Raised on Italian American food.  Im also blessed that im a frequent visitor to southern italy . I can say that I will visit the  pay restaurant, but i don’t recognize  many of the dishes .. i think i read some had chicken on pizza  or cheese on seafood.. in a proper ristorante in italy they would freak if u order that , in Brooklyn they probably kick your butt!

How about some pizza with pineapple!

• Haha 4

On 6/17/2023 at 3:51 PM, rwest898 said:

If Cheers cannot be used the first day out of New York do they charge you regularly for the drinks, and prorate the package?

They will charge you for drinks regularly with NY tax on the embarkation day.  Then, for example, if you are on a 7 day cruise, you only pay for CHEERS, for 6 days.  Same as Texas embarkations.

2 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

They will charge you for drinks regularly with NY tax on the embarkation day.  Then, for example, if you are on a 7 day cruise, you only pay for CHEERS, for 6 days.  Same as Texas embarkations.

Does anyone know if will you have to wait until the second day to get the two bottles that would normally be waiting for you in your room on an Elite Cruise on New York or Texas embarkations?

2 hours ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

Thank you!

19 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

How about some pizza with pineapple!

Very popular out west (at least when I lived out there in the 1980s).   I can't begrudge someone for eating something they enjoy even if it's not MY idea of authentic pizza.   People regionalize things all the time and put their own spin on classics.   Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

39 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Very popular out west (at least when I lived out there in the 1980s).   I can't begrudge someone for eating something they enjoy even if it's not MY idea of authentic pizza.   People regionalize things all the time and put their own spin on classics.   Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

I've seen it in NYS....but not in NYC.... certainly not in Bensonhurst.

Truth be told, I prefer meatball Parm heroes to "authentic Italian" food.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skywalkr2 said:

Will be doing this ship this fall on a Canadian cruise.  I think it looks like the perfect ship for a non-Caribbean trip.

I had the same thought that this ship will be perfect for sailing into Canada.   Based on many posted reviews it doesn't seem like the Venezia will be a good fit for Caribbean travel.   The pools and lido area don't appear to support the party atmosphere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HappySails4U said:

I had the same thought that this ship will be perfect for sailing into Canada.   Based on many posted reviews it doesn't seem like the Venezia will be a good fit for Caribbean travel.   The pools and lido area don't appear to support the party atmosphere.

That’s the nice way of saying it.:.

10 minutes ago, HappySails4U said:

Yeah, I won't take my kids on this one. It will be good for my wife's 50th birthday and next year a cruise with my parents.  That cruise WILL be to the Caribbean, but they are definitely not the party type.

58 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Everyone in my house here in Philly ... they will only eat Pizza with pineapple!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I've seen it in NYS....but not in NYC.... certainly not in Bensonhurst.

Truth be told, I prefer meatball Parm heroes to "authentic Italian" food.  

Bacon (real bacon not Canadian) with Pineapple is one of my favorites!  But I grew up in Oregon so what do I know🤣 And you are correct MsTabbyKats, in the almost 3 years that I lived in Manhattan I didn't see bacon with pineapple offered. So I had to move to Los Angeles.😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, skywalkr2 said:

Yeah, I won't take my kids on this one. It will be good for my wife's 50th birthday and next year a cruise with my parents.  That cruise WILL be to the Caribbean, but they are definitely not the party type.

It was just my wife and I on this cruise…and we would not recommend it to anyone. The entire cruise we hung out on the 5th deck, all the chairs in the adult area and around any pools were crowded. If I could go back, I would’ve chosen a different ship.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Bacon (real bacon not Canadian) with Pineapple is one of my favorites!  But I grew up in Oregon so what do I know🤣 And you are correct MsTabbyKats, in the almost 3 years that I lived in Manhattan I didn't see bacon with pineapple offered. So I had to move to Los Angeles.😉

Yep, first time I saw it was when I lived in Arizona, and then in California (I guess pineapple pizza is big on the menu of California Pizza Kitchen!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Does anyone know if will you have to wait until the second day to get the two bottles that would normally be waiting for you in your room on an Elite Cruise on New York or Texas embarkations?

two bottles of... water?  Or something else?  Water, for gold, platinum and diamond perks can be got at most bars since Covid.  If something else, then I am not sure.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, d-lite-n-cruisin said:

two bottles of... water?  Or something else?  Water, for gold, platinum and diamond perks can be got at most bars since Covid.  If something else, then I am not sure.  Cheers!

Both guests on an Elite offer get to select one bottle from the following list (plus mixers)

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Grey Goose Vodka

Titos Vodka

Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Dewars White Label Scotch

Bacardi White Rum

Myers's Dark Rum

Malibu Coconut Rum

Irish Cream

Dos Equis Beer

Miller Lite Beer

Coors Light Beer

Conundrum by Caymus White Wine

Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc

La Crema Chadonnay

La Crema Pinot Noir

Kendall Jackson Merlot

Hess Select Cabernet Sauvignon

Leonardini Spumanti

Angry Orchard Cider

1800 Silver Tequila

Patron Silver Tequila

On 6/21/2023 at 2:23 PM, carsastic said:

Born in Brooklyn, lived in Manhattan for many years , Both grandparents were born in Italy.  Raised on Italian American food.  Im also blessed that im a frequent visitor to southern italy . I can say that I will visit the  pay restaurant, but i don’t recognize  many of the dishes .. i think i read some had chicken on pizza  or cheese on seafood.. in a proper ristorante in italy they would freak if u order that , in Brooklyn they probably kick your butt!

Aloha.  Born and raised in Manhattan when little Italy was really little Italy. I am used to various incarnations of Italian food so I am extremely open but pineapple pizza…Not for me LOL. In Hawaii believe it or not there is a restaurant called Taormina.  My grandparents were born and raised in Sicily and the owner of this Waikiki tourist/local restaurant is from Japan and raised and trained in Italy. His cooking is unbelievable. That said, if people want pineapple pizza so be it. Enjoy everyone!

• Like 2

On 6/16/2023 at 5:27 PM, coscab said:

wow, thanks so much for that, exactly what I was looking for, you are the best🤩  I'm thinking it maybe opens in which would probably be ok although it might bang against the wall, maybe the bathroom is on the other side so shouldn't be a problem.  Thanks again, have a blessed evening.

This may be one of those areas that are only used in emergencies.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 6:24 AM, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Born and raised in Manhattan when little Italy was really little Italy. I am used to various incarnations of Italian food so I am extremely open but pineapple pizza…Not for me LOL. In Hawaii believe it or not there is a restaurant called Taormina.  My grandparents were born and raised in Sicily and the owner of this Waikiki tourist/local restaurant is from Japan and raised and trained in Italy. His cooking is unbelievable. That said, if people want pineapple pizza so be it. Enjoy everyone!

greetings, I agree to each their own ! That why i plan on eating at this pay restaurant.. BTW toarmino.  In Waikiki.. i know that place .. right up from what i consider the best Mai tai and my fav hotel In Waikiki ! Food was very good

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, carsastic said:

greetings, I agree to each their own ! That why i plan on eating at this pay restaurant.. BTW toarmino.  In Waikiki.. i know that place .. right up from what i consider the best Mai tai and my fav hotel In Waikiki ! Food was very good

Aloha.  Even though born and raised in Manhattan, Brooklyn has fantastic restaurants.  Maybe you remember Embers in Bay Ridge? The list can go on and on. Maria in Sheepshead Bay, RollnRoaster. I am hungry now!!!

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 3:45 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Both guests on an Elite offer get to select one bottle from the following list (plus mixers)

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Grey Goose Vodka

Titos Vodka

Jack Daniel's Whiskey

Jameson Irish Whiskey

Dewars White Label Scotch

Bacardi White Rum

Myers's Dark Rum

Malibu Coconut Rum

Irish Cream

Dos Equis Beer

Miller Lite Beer