Possible to get upgraded status during middle of cruise voyage?

jameslee

My  next Princess cruise is to Hawaii and it is 16 days. I am currently 45 days and I am 5 days away to platinium. Is it possible to get platinium status if I request it at guest services like 6 days of the cruise?

2 hours ago, jameslee said:

My  next Princess cruise is to Hawaii and it is 16 days. I am currently 45 days and I am 5 days away to platinium. Is it possible to get platinium status if I request it at guest services like 6 days of the cruise?

So the only exception I have heard, is if you will be on a LONG sailing, and you are only a couple days from your next tier. I was on the 27 day TransPacific on the Majestic, and a passenger was only a couple days from being elite and was asking about would they get elevated to ‘elite’ during this sailing and enjoy being ‘elite’.

The loyalty manager said, Princess will sometimes do this. What constitutes LONG was not specified and I assume you would need to be only a ‘couple’ of days max from your next tier, 5 days seems like too many.

Heard later, the Loyalty manager did upgrade passenger to ‘elite’ for the sailing on day3. 

Like most cruise lines, you ‘days/points’ do not post to your account till you have completed your sailing and usually not immediately. If doing B2B, loyalty host can usually manually post/upgrade tier,  if you qualify to move up from last sailing.

18 minutes ago, wallyj said:

So the only exception I have heard, is if you will be on a LONG sailing, and you are only a couple days from your next tier. I was on the 27 day TransPacific on the Majestic, and a passenger was only a couple days from being elite and was asking about would they get elevated to ‘elite’ during this sailing and enjoy being ‘elite’.

The loyalty manager said, Princess will sometimes do this. What constitutes LONG was not specified and I assume you would need to be only a ‘couple’ of days max from your next tier, 5 days seems like too many.

Heard later, the Loyalty manager did upgrade passenger to ‘elite’ for the sailing on day3. 

Like most cruise lines, you ‘days/points’ do not post to your account till you have completed your sailing and usually not immediately. If doing B2B, loyalty host can usually manually post/upgrade tier,  if you qualify to move up from last sailing.

I have heard of folks getting upgraded at the end of a segment on a world cruise, and on other "long" voyages the discussions seemed to focus on when they closeout your shipboard account.  If they closeout your account at the end of the segment, that seems to kick in the status upgrade.

I once did a B2B2B that I booked as separate cruises and as each cruise was closed out, it was reflected in my Captains Club status as separate cruises.  On another occasion, I booked a long voyage as one cruise, which was also sold in segments, and my account was not closed out until the end of the cruise and my Captains Club status did change until the end of the long voyage. It shows as one cruise.

This happened to me once.  I was moving from Platinum to Elite.  I inquired during a "long" (15 day) cruise.  I was given the "pin" and the letter, but was told that my status would not be active until the next cruise (b2b).  I attempted to use my Elite Status to purchase something (showing them my "pin").  Nope, not on my folio when my name was pulled up. 

I knew it...but tried anyway.  Nothing lost.