OK all Booked!

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

The Pink Beach appeals to me more than the dragons  Can you just visit the beach on tour with lunch?

On our 2018WC quite a number of people only did the Pink Beach on its own. So I would say it would still be an option.

4 hours ago, mum and son said:

I recently travelled to Bali and you pay $50pp for a VOA. Would it be any different for a cruise? I love Komodo, we did a wonderful private tour that included the dragons, and a small boat cruise to Pink Beach, and were served the best lunch. To this day my family still talk about the "Pink Beach pineapple". Nothing has ever lived up to it!

We haven't been to Bali for 3 years but for a few years before covid they dropped the $50us VOA for Australians, my last 2 visits via air were visa cost free so they must have re instated it?

7 hours ago, lyndarra said:

You must have a pre-booked tour to visit Komodo. It is strictly policed and the tour operators require government approval and registration. You cannot go ashore and wander around on your own. That's how it was as recent as January this year.

When I did Komodo a few years ago on P&O private tours were not allowed it had to be a ship tour only or stay onboard so things must have changed  allowing private tours! I would rather not do the Dragon tour again as I am sure they dragged them down the hill against their will and dopped them up lol

10 hours ago, fishtaco said:

When I did Komodo a few years ago on P&O private tours were not allowed it had to be a ship tour only or stay onboard so things must have changed  allowing private tours! I would rather not do the Dragon tour again as I am sure they dragged them down the hill against their will and dopped them up lol

The Komodo tour we did in January was a private tour, not ship. It was organised by another cruiser  through the HAL Roll Call.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lyndarra said:

The Komodo tour we did in January was a private tour, not ship. It was organised by another cruiser  through the HAL Roll Call.

Good to know but I guarantee P&O wont allow private tours!

On 6/19/2023 at 1:38 PM, mum and son said:

I recently travelled to Bali and you pay $50pp for a VOA. Would it be any different for a cruise? I love Komodo, we did a wonderful private tour that included the dragons, and a small boat cruise to Pink Beach, and were served the best lunch. To this day my family still talk about the "Pink Beach pineapple". Nothing has ever lived up to it!

Just found out from a fellow worker who just returned from Bali Sunday the $50 VOA is back in place! apparently the free VOA wasn't actually free it was just combined into the air ticket for simplicity but they have gone back to pay on arrival system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Does anyone know, or have recent experience, about visa for Bali if you are on a cruise (rather than flying in)?

The only experience I have is from the World Cruise where we called into Komodo Island. Princess arranged the visas at a cost of AUD$60pp. From the Indonesian government website it appears that visas cost around AUD$45 (maybe a bit more now the AUD has dropped). On the world cruise I went with Princess' option because the Indonesian government website did not list Komodo as a port of entry for the one I could have applied for. Bali is listed as a port of entry so the on-line one should be OK.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The only experience I have is from the World Cruise where we called into Komodo Island. Princess arranged the visas at a cost of AUD$60pp. From the Indonesian government website it appears that visas cost around AUD$45 (maybe a bit more now the AUD has dropped). On the world cruise I went with Princess' option because the Indonesian government website did not list Komodo as a port of entry for the one I could have applied for. Bali is listed as a port of entry so the on-line one should be OK.

Doing the E visa is the way to go. Although Komodo is not an entry port for visas it was still ok when we went there in January with our E visa completed online prior to departure.. We then went to Lombok next then Bali.

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

Doing the E visa is the way to go. Although Komodo is not an entry port for visas it was still ok when we went there in January with our E visa completed online prior to departure.. We then went to Lombok next then Bali.

Great. I didn't want to pay for the E visa on line, then have to pay for the one Princess was doing if my original one wasn't acceptable.