Simply more's impact on current bookings?

Nashna

1 hour ago, Rainbow3fe said:

On the website it says we haveto pay $539 pp for the House Beverage package. The House Beverage package is included with the SM according to my new official invoice. 

That does not seem right  that you have to pay  for something that is included 🤔

I would be questioning  that

1 hour ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Yes. The Summer Sale on the website shows Veranda B $8499. 

We already had  the Memorial Day Sale OLife Veranda B $6499

Now SM is $4399.

I think Oceania has done something absurd with this particular cruise. 😜

On the website it says we haveto pay $539 pp for the House Beverage package. The House Beverage package is included with the SM according to my new official invoice. 

I'm not complaining. 🌻 I would have taken the extra refund and upgraded to a PH but they're not on sale. Figures.🙃

This PH on a 14 day cruise costs more than we paid for our Vista 24 night PH2

Felice 😎

So it looks like the Summer Sale is $2100 (6499-4399 for B) less per person than the Memorial Day Sale (note that the $8499 is the current full price, not the Summer Sale price which can't be seen on the O website). Figuring out your new shorex costs should be straight-forward with SM (not sure why your TA couldn't do it); shorex are either full cost or 75% of full cost if you've booked the minimum; subtract the SM shorex-credit from the total and that is how much you owe for shorex. I would be surprised if the Summer Sale didn't save you tons of money.

As for the House Beverage package, the price shows up when you are logged on even if you already have the package via SM or OLife. It will probably continue to show up until all of the non-SM bookings have been completed (or they may get rid of it sooner since they seem to be giving everyone wine/beer with dinner after Oct. 1st). Just chalk it up to good ol' O IT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

That does not seem right  that you have to pay  for something that is included 🤔

I would be questioning  that

No problem.  Not planning to pay. Just hanging tight now.  The nvoice is correct. So we are set.🥂🎉🌊❤️ 

We are on OLife and chose the excursion credit. We received 3 excursions. Our fare under SM is $1500 more to switch. Our rep said he thinks the 3 excursions is more valuable than the $800 excursion credit we would get under SM. We have a suite and get 6 bottles I think which he said we can carry a glass into dinner (just not the bottle)? I think 2 Wi-Fi are included now for all. Not using their airfare. He said to stay where I’m at. Agree? 

13 minutes ago, kmcgann21 said:

We are on OLife and chose the excursion credit. We received 3 excursions. Our fare under SM is $1500 more to switch. Our rep said he thinks the 3 excursions is more valuable than the $800 excursion credit we would get under SM. We have a suite and get 6 bottles I think which he said we can carry a glass into dinner (just not the bottle)? I think 2 Wi-Fi are included now for all. Not using their airfare. He said to stay where I’m at. Agree? 

Usually  no  you should not take a glass of wine from your cabin to public spaces

you can take a bottle of wine to dinner   if it came as part of the suite package  for no charge  

You can take a bottle of wine you brought onboard   to  the dining venue   & pay the corkage fee

Spirits  should be for cabin use only  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Sure, if you consider shifting the problem a solution.   I prefer solutions that don't cause additional problems.  

I prefer getting what I want when I’m paying for it. The missing silverware from another table will be a “learning moment” for whoever screwed up.

9 hours ago, kmcgann21 said:

If you’re saying 3 excursions per person, the max O Life value for your cabin is just under $200 per each of six tours or $<1200 max. But, it only works for tours  $<200 each.

SM $800/cabin tour credit allows any tour offered. So, that depends on what’s more important to you.

As for the wine, pouring personal wine in a glass and taking it to dinner is prohibited. It’s clearly stated in the O website FAQs:

Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle. 

“ANY” wine means just that. Nonetheless, there’s often that handful of cheapskates who cheat the system by carrying glasses out of the cabin. There’s also constant reminders in the daily Currents about the wine rules.

The six bottle limit for bring aboard is a CYA statement, which has never been enforced (even years ago when the supposed limit was three) 

• Like 2

I read the question differently.  I think they are in a named suite and get 6 bottles of wine or liquor in their  cabin. If they do it is my impression they can bring that bottle or a glass to a meal.  Please let us know if it is one of the free bottles and if someone can then confirm they can bring it.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Woofa said:

I read the question differently.  I think they are in a named suite and get 6 bottles of wine or liquor in their  cabin. If they do it is my impression they can bring that bottle or a glass to a meal.  Please let us know if it is one of the free bottles and if someone can then confirm they can bring it.  

they can take the bottle to a dining venue  no charge

same for anyone that gets the wine or champagne as a gift in their cabin

the no no is taking a glass of wine or spirits

people do it but it is against the policy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

they can take the bottle to a dining venue  no charge

same for anyone that gets the wine or champagne as a gift in their cabin

the no no is taking a glass of wine or spirits

people do it but it is against the policy

So then it is kind of like the policy of a 6 bottle limit to bring on board. It’s the policy but people do it because Oceania chooses not to enforce it. I mean people depart the GDR with a glass of wine they had there and take it to the evening show for example. How would Oceania really police for the most part where that glass of wine originated from? Their own stateroom or from a dining venue?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

So then it is kind of like the policy of a 6 bottle limit to bring on board. It’s the policy but people do it because Oceania chooses not to enforce it. I mean people depart the GDR with a glass of wine they had there and take it to the evening show for example. How would Oceania really police for the most part where that glass of wine originated from? Their own stateroom or from a dining venue?

There  are no wine glass police  around the ship  so  people  abuse the privilege 🤔

Maybe Oceania will close the  loophole  & stop allowing people  to bring their own wine/spirits onboard  .....probably not

Come Oct  it will be  a non issue

There are always  a few in every crowd that have to push the limits 😄

46 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

There was a time years ago, when cabin glassware was different than bar glassware and maitre d’s were more consistent in issuing gentle reminders. 
In any case, with SM, this will soon become mostly a non-issue since all will be paying for the basic booze package.

3 hours ago, Woofa said:

Yes, exactly. Not trying to skirt any rules, repeating what my Oceania rep stated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kmcgann21 said:

Yes, exactly. Not trying to skirt any rules, repeating what my Oceania rep stated. 

Well then   they must be correct if they are an O Rep 🙄

from Oceania website

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006547473-Can-I-purchase-bottles-of-wine-at-ports-of-call-and-bring-them-on-board-

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Geesh, sorry I asked. I was also asking about the six bottles received from being in a suite, not bringing them on board. Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Everything won’t change after 10/1. There will still be corkage for bottles of wine brought into the venues that are not from the ship.

Exactly, and people with the Basic Drink package may still be tempted to walk about the ship with a glass of wine from a bottle they brought onboard.

• Like 1

Linked to a statement made by Pinion Noir, I once asked a wine steward if I could trade in the red Cyclops wine Oceania gives us and get a free corkage on a bottle of my wine in its place. She laughed and said “ No!”.

That wine has no redeeming values. Our room attendant said they can’t take, if left it just goes to the next cruiser. The wine steward said very few people actually bring it to dinner to drink. After the first bottle, people just leave it in the cabin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Linked to a statement made by Pinion Noir, I once asked a wine steward if I could trade in the red Cyclops wine Oceania gives us and get a free corkage on a bottle of my wine in its place. She laughed and said “ No!”.

That wine has no redeeming values. Our room attendant said they can’t take, if left it just goes to the next cruiser. The wine steward said very few people actually bring it to dinner to drink. After the first bottle, people just leave it in the cabin.

😄 I agree.  I hope "That wine" isn't what they're serving with the SM beverage package.  We still plan to bring on bottles of good wine 🍷.  Then drink on our Veranda and pay corkage at dinner.

😎

15 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

😄 I agree.  I hope "That wine" isn't what they're serving with the SM beverage package.  We still plan to bring on bottles of good wine 🍷.  Then drink on our Veranda and pay corkage at dinner.

😎

I looked at a list of wines by the glass. Assuming the list was current, some look more that ok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

😎

The Cyclops isn’t part of the wines by the glass package in the various venues. It’s an O Club level gift to the cabin, separate and in addition to the bottle of bubbly for Concierge and above cabins.

14 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I looked at a list of wines by the glass. Assuming the list was current, some look more that ok. 

Yes! Some of the wines in the package are fine. Some are very weak.

The situation also revolves around what is actually in stock during one’s cruise. People quickly learn which are the better wines and particularly on longer cruises they can disappear quickly.

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

The Cyclops isn’t part of the wines by the glass package in the various venues. It’s an O Club level gift to the cabin, separate and in addition to the bottle of bubbly for Concierge and above cabins.

The situation also revolves around what is actually in stock during one’s cruise. People quickly learn which are the better wines and particularly on longer cruises they can disappear quickly.

Thanks for clarifying. This is our first O cruise. We have the "wines by the glass" at Lunch and Dinner.

34 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We do get a bottle in our stateroom and don't drink it. So I was just agreeing with your assessment of it.

Whatever we do, we will enjoy the cruises.

😎🌊