Celebrity needs to get their pricing together

jakebloke

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

One thing that Celebrity has changed in there advertising of Always included 

Before  it wrote save up to 45% of the price as compared to book drinks etc on board 

Now , it in the ad it is written save $200 - $800 by booking Always included 

So if Celebrity has price me out of their cruise line I will just do a different get away 

45% of what number?  Is 45% of X greater than $800?  The price of the drink packages have increased significantly, I doubt that very many people buy an individual alcoholic drink package.

The bundle is a much better deal.  Seems to me the choice is really between the AI or the cruise only.

No one would buy the inside Gty AI option showed above, so no real choice on the $999 deal, but with different OBC add ons, the cruise would be almost free.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

45% of what number?  Is 45% of X greater than $800?  The price of the drink packages have increased significantly, I doubt that very many people buy an individual alcoholic drink package.

The bundle is a much better deal.  Seems to me the choice is really between the AI or the cruise only.

No one would buy the inside Gty AI option showed above, so no real choice on the $999 deal, but with different OBC add ons, the cruise would be almost free.

😱

I just stated a change in the way do their advertising 

😁

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

😱

I just stated a change in the way do their advertising 

😁

Got it.  Thanks

Your last line lead to my confusion -“So if Celebrity has price me out of their cruise line I will just do a different get away”

But it is not the first nor will it be the last time that I get confused.

Edited by jagoffee
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Got it.  Thanks

Your last line lead to my confusion -“So if Celebrity has price me out of their cruise line I will just do a different get away”

But it is not the first nor will it be the last time that I get confused.

No problem 
We haven’t  book anything since February, a TA cruise in Nov 2024 Lisbon to BA , for a good group rate , not a great rate , $180 CAD per person , per day with Always included 

our TAs in 2023 are at $135 CAD per person in a balcony with Always included 

it appears that Celebrity is increasing their rates now 

If Celebrity gets about $200 CAD per night we will have look elsewhere 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

No one would buy the inside Gty AI option showed above, so no real choice on the $999 deal

It's actually a guarantee verandah cabin (or guarantee Oceanview for the same).  Insides start at $899 for a guarantee on that cruise (at least when I looked when this post was first posted).

And why wouldn't some book a deal like this?  There are plenty of people out there looking for a deal who don't care where there cabin is.  They could add on the drink and wifi packages they want and still come out ahead.

• Thanks 3

Yea, pricing really jumping right now [for 2023 anyway].  We're on Silhouette this November, and just purchased wifi...a whopping $200 for one device, one person.  The only service offered was streaming and we only need basic for internet.  Anyway, question here is this perhaps due to Royal Group putting Starlink on their ships [not sure which ones by now, like the Silhouette?].  But could this be possible reason for higher pricing?  

On 6/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, LinRon3 said:

Yea, pricing really jumping right now [for 2023 anyway].  We're on Silhouette this November, and just purchased wifi...a whopping $200 for one device, one person.  The only service offered was streaming and we only need basic for internet.  Anyway, question here is this perhaps due to Royal Group putting Starlink on their ships [not sure which ones by now, like the Silhouette?].  But could this be possible reason for higher pricing?  

Nope. Servicing Billions of $$$ of Debt................

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:00 PM, jakebloke said:

Does this make any sense Celebrity?  Anyone?  A full mock booking cruise only fare for 2 people is $2300.  The all included ‘best value’ is $8061.  Complete insanity.  I’ve seen this a few other times as well.  

IMG_2233.jpeg

Price it out on another travel site that allows for the addition of AI and see what's up.

On 6/16/2023 at 12:00 PM, jakebloke said:

Does this make any sense Celebrity?  Anyone?  A full mock booking cruise only fare for 2 people is $2300.  The all included ‘best value’ is $8061.  Complete insanity.  I’ve seen this a few other times as well.  

IMG_2233.jpeg

What date and ship??

Guest 4-2-N-8
On 6/18/2023 at 5:19 AM, TravelingCircusof5 said:

My husband and I were just saying how we hear people say that they get such great prices on cruises. Where are the deals? I certainly don’t know where! We’ve only done 4 cruises over the years, but this year and next year, our X cruises for 1 week Caribbean  non- suite is almost $5000 for two. Doesn’t ever seem like a bargain. 

😶

On 6/18/2023 at 8:19 AM, TravelingCircusof5 said:

My husband and I were just saying how we hear people say that they get such great prices on cruises. Where are the deals? I certainly don’t know where! We’ve only done 4 cruises over the years, but this year and next year, our X cruises for 1 week Caribbean  non- suite is almost $5000 for two. Doesn’t ever seem like a bargain. 

For a question like this, an internet search and asking on-board your next sailing can be your best friends... 

I must caution that ANY internet results must be viewed with caution and researched further to be sure the value can be delivered... and if that value is good for you.

Keep in mind that 'bargains' can be had and are delivered daily, for many of us...

bon voyage

On 6/18/2023 at 8:19 AM, TravelingCircusof5 said:

our X cruises for 1 week Caribbean  non- suite is almost $5000 for two. Doesn’t ever seem like a bargain. 

not that my booked cruise was a bargain by any means, but an inside for the 3 of us on a week long cruise in the Caribbean on Reflection was $2,700. That's for next spring break. I booked it several weeks ago. Not a bargain, but prices on all of the cruises are pretty crazy right now. At least we got the ABC itinerary, which is our favorite.