What's open for embarkation day lunch on the Rotterdam?

Turtles06

The thread title says it all.   I'd appreciate knowing what options there will be for lunch on embarkation day, besides the Lido Market (which we try to avoid on such days). 

Thanks in advance for the information!

When I sailed in November on Rotterdam there was the usual mariner lunch in the MDR, and the Lido, as well as (my choice) the Dive In at the Lido pool.  We ordered on the app as soon as we got on board and were eating hamburgers by the pool before noon.

• Like 2

MDR lunch on the Rotterdam is open to everyone and is the same menu as it is the rest of the cruise on sea days.  Only catch is that its open for a limited time 12 - 1 or possibly 1:30.  Its a very lovely, civilized way to start your cruise.  Check the Navigator App for the menu.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The Pizza/Deli place will be open also.

That's probably not a bad to go either. Everyone always floods the Lido, but with the pizza place a deck above, it's probably lower trafficked.

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The Pizza/Deli place will be open also.

Great Corn Beef sandwich there.  On recent March 2023 cruise, I think I went by and had one of best corn beef sandwiches I have had.  Needless to say, I went back 3-4 more other times.  Went to bar on deck below to get my lunch beer and it still was another 4-5 minutes.  

Only negative is the time it takes because of the popularity of venue.

Edited by shipshape sam

6 hours ago, baggal said:

MDR lunch on the Rotterdam is open to everyone and is the same menu as it is the rest of the cruise on sea days.  Only catch is that its open for a limited time 12 - 1 or possibly 1:30.  Its a very lovely, civilized way to start your cruise.  Check the Navigator App for the menu.

That's our favorite.  for lunch.

On the K'dam, end of December last year -- the Lido was not a mad-house. Maybe because everyone flocked to the alternatives. On our B2B turn-around day in San Diego, we went ashore and had frozen yogurt for lunch so we could use their wifi to download Kindle books that the ship's bandwidth couldn't handle.