Hot Lobster rolls

con3

On 6/17/2023 at 10:21 PM, tinaclose said:

Try Neptune Oyster in the North End of Boston for the best hot buttered lobster roll. And their New England clam chowder is out of this world. Neptune Oyster was on the New York Times best restaurant list last year. The North end is Boston’s Little Italy.  While you are there, pick up a cannoli at Mikes Pasty!  Easy to take a cab or Uber there from the port. 

If you're able to walk and it's a nice day, I would walk to and from the No. End.  You can walk along The Harborwalk there and The Greenway back.  Very easy, safe walk and a beautiful area to take in.

On 6/20/2023 at 1:44 PM, con3 said:

I've looked at several restaraunts in bar Harbor that say tradional and also hot buttered, but not all have both. Just wondering if anyone had any favorite spots

Geddy's was very tasty and they have varieties that include mayo, hot butter and hot garlic butter.  I am headed on a canada/new england cruise next week and we plan to check out Bar Harbor for a lobster roll.  We have also had one in Halifax last summer, but it was mayo and I do not recall the restaurant name.but I think it was McKelvie's Delishes fishes dishes.

17 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

Geddy's was very tasty and they have varieties that include mayo, hot butter and hot garlic butter.  I am headed on a canada/new england cruise next week and we plan to check out Bar Harbor for a lobster roll.  We have also had one in Halifax last summer, but it was mayo and I do not recall the restaurant name.but I think it was McKelvie's Delishes fishes dishes.

Thank you! Hope you have a great cruise. If you find any great ones let me know. I leave on Sept 16th

On 9/5/2023 at 9:12 AM, con3 said:

We have also had one in Halifax last summer, but it was mayo and I do not recall the restaurant name.but I think it was McKelvie's Delishes fishes dishes.

Mc Kelvie's is within the town and Salty's is along the Harborway with a beautiful view of the harbor.

On 6/28/2023 at 9:46 AM, Schmoe38 said:

Dave’s Lobster on the Boardwalk in Halifax offers the mayo style as well as the hot butter style. It’s within walking distance from the ship.

We’re going there in September as well and that will be our first stop.

Just an option.

Randy

I second Dave's Lobster, it's a little shack on the waterfront about mid-way along.

• Like 1