Rotterdam Debarkation from Ft. Lauderdale.

McDMan

Can someone please explain the debarkation process for Club Orange cruisers? We have a 11:20am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale Intl. We are hoping to be one of the first off the ship at 7:30am. Is this a realistic time to be off the ship (will be bringing luggage with us). Also, is it easy to call and Uber or taxi once we are outside the terminal? Or should we arrange a private car service scheduled to pick us up around that time.

Thanks in advance, 

Charles

If you carry your own luggage off you can get off with the self debark group first when the ship is cleared by authorities.

When I was there last fall there were taxis lined up and I took a Lyft the second time I was there. Easy. As you know, the airport is only about three miles from the cruise port so you "should" be able to get there on time IF the ship arrives on time.  Traffic of course will depend on the day of the week and how many ships are in port that day.   Good luck!   (I am a stress avoider so would personally book later if possible)

~Nancy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McDMan said:

Can someone please explain the debarkation process for Club Orange cruisers? We have a 11:20am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale Intl. We are hoping to be one of the first off the ship at 7:30am. Is this a realistic time to be off the ship (will be bringing luggage with us). Also, is it easy to call and Uber or taxi once we are outside the terminal? Or should we arrange a private car service scheduled to pick us up around that time.

Thanks in advance, 

Charles

Whether you are Club Orange or not, you should have no problem getting to and through the airport (two separate issues) to make your flight at 11:20. Actually no need to carry off your luggage.  Just select the first available debark time.  There will be taxis available or use Uber or Lyft.  The airport is about a 15 minute ride.  Getting through the airport check-in and TSA security line can be more of a challenge, especially if there are other ships in port, but making a 11:20 flight is entirely doable.  We do it all the time.

• Like 1

As long as you are carrying your luggage, you'll be fine. Taxis will be lined up and are the fastest way to the FLL airport. We've lived in Fort Lauderdale for a long time and the taxi is your best bet. (Honest advice. I'm not a shill for "Big Cab.")

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's advice!  I really appreciate it. We have TSA-precheck so hopefully everything will go smooth and ship will arrive on time. 

Good to know where the taxi-line up is. Where is the Yber/Lyft pickup area?

Charles

There are signs for the various pick up areas in Port Everglades. The cab line is easy to spot. The other one is labeled Ride Share. There are almost always port employees or Broward County Sheriffs office deputies to direct you to the correct place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, POA1 said:

As long as you are carrying your luggage, you'll be fine. Taxis will be lined up and are the fastest way to the FLL airport. We've lived in Fort Lauderdale for a long time and the taxi is your best bet. (Honest advice. I'm not a shill for "Big Cab.")

Completely agree with the above.  Uber/Lyft have to join the security lines to gain access to the port, so they can sometimes be delayed, whereas the taxis are already there at the terminal.  We had one Uber driver tell us he almost cancelled our ride because it is such a pain to gain access.  (We were embarking but we learned a big lesson, without the pain.)

• Thanks 1

We'll take Uber from our condo to the port, but we always take a taxi home. Same with the airport. It's almost always faster and the cost is roughly the same.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, POA1 said:

We'll take Uber from our condo to the port, but we always take a taxi home. Same with the airport. It's almost always faster and the cost is roughly the same.

Agreed we do that also to Hollywood Beach. Taxis  are always available and drivers are usually very helpful with luggage and DH's travel mobility scooter. Very efficient service