Celebrity Silhouette Questions

ls340532

We were on the Spring TA this year with a ten day Caribbean cruise before.  We had balconies on both, deck 6 forward (unobstructed) and deck 8 mid ships.  Both were fine, the same size although one had the bed by the balcony and the other was bed nearer the bathroom.  Both suited  us.

The library looks good but has hardly any books.  I rely on my Kindle.

We had interesting lectures on sea days and good entertainment.  Some matinee shows in the theatre.

We spent a lot of time in the solarium, because the weather was cool.  The ship was only half full, so no problem with getting seats.  Sky Lounge was our bar of choice, because we like to be able to chat without background noise.  We did occasionally use the .Ensemble Lounge if we wanted entertainment.  There was no pressure to buy drinks.  We declined when the first waiter came by and he lowered our menus so we were not bothered again.

• Like 1

Personal care products in the cabin bathrooms are such a Personal Choice it's always good to bring what you Like with you.

I always request Liquid Soap by the sink instead of the greasy hard soap and all my Cabin Attendants have always put a pump bottle of the gel there for me. I think the like it as it makes less of a mess for them to clean up?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ls340532 said:

I am blown away by the generosity of fellow cruisers who took the time to provide detailed information to my questions! You all are amazing. Thank you!

I meant to say that there is nothing wrong with hanging out at a lounge, talking to friends/passengers, without a drink in your hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im about to sail on silhouette this weekend ,I haven't ever been onboard a Celebrity ship without being aqua class and dining in Blu .

Im going concierge this time as am fed up with repetitive menu in Blu and fancy a change .

Im not sure how the open dining works ,can we just go to main dining at any time ?

Do we need to book slot?

Im not entirely sure how it works .

Thanks in advance .

On 6/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, mrgabriel said:

We were also on the Spring TA in an Aqua Class cabin on deck 11. Our cabin was  aft and although I get motion sick, I didn’t notice the motion unless I was on decks 14 or 15 in the Sky Lounge or Kids Club. 

It’s a nice ship in good shape. Food was good. Service was absolutely excellent. And we didn’t sail with kids but the Activities crew offered a Young At Heart program for adults because there were only 5 children onboard. Most fun experience of the trip 😁

This made for disturbing reading until I realised the Kids Club was also used for other activities!!!

😝

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

Im about to sail on silhouette this weekend ,I haven't ever been onboard a Celebrity ship without being aqua class and dining in Blu .

Im going concierge this time as am fed up with repetitive menu in Blu and fancy a change .

Im not sure how the open dining works ,can we just go to main dining at any time ?

Do we need to book slot?

Thanks in advance .

We were on the Silhouette for 12 night just home since Saturday. We dined in Blu and it was wonderful like you many times in Blu and sometimes got fed up. They must have a very good chef in Blu at the moment.  Main dining was very busy definitely book a slot its anytime dining so you just turn up if no slot booked. My advise go to see the host on the door the moment you get onboard and try and arrange a time.

Hope you have a great cruise.

We just got off Silhouette on Saturday after 12 nights onboard to the Baltics with seas like a mill pond. 

It was only our 5th Celebrity cruise , last one being in 2009 , though we have done many cruises with other lines . I had always wanted to do a Solstice class ship and loved the physical ship of Silhouette with all the  nooks and crannies with seating . 

Library- husband complained there were more books in German than English , he trawls the charity shops in Southampton before boarding so did have a good initial supply before relying on the books other folks had left  😆.  

Definitely Coke onboard 😆

We did  not eat in any speciality restaurants , they are too expensive compared with other lines .

Buffet food was very good but difficult to get a seat sometimes and we are prepared  to ask to share . First morning ,  day at sea , we walked all the way around couldn't get a seat and ended up at the coffee shop with a coffee and croissant  . MDR breakfast finished at 9am.

We had cabin 8334 , one of the quietest cabins we have ever had , settee by the balcony door. 

I would go on Silhouette again but cruise fare only , we thought the drinks choices in Classic at each bar very limited . We get Elite status due to RCI level so will stick to Captain's club perks in future and save money.  

On 6/19/2023 at 3:15 AM, ls340532 said:

Considering a transatlantic cruise in October. It will be our first on Celebrity. We will be booking a balcony cabin and would welcome advice on location.

I think it will be a case of what is available!
We booked 6 months out and there was virtually nothing that I was happy with.

Our cruise is on 30/09/23.

There may be slightly more chance after final payment(ours is due 22/07/23).

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

Do we need to book slot?

Thanks in advance .

We are concierge on the same cruise. Previously on first night there is generally a line, if you get a seat Ok otherwise you will be given a bleeper that sounds when a table is available for you.

We have booked a table for the first night via the APP. Hoping there will be a Concierge Lunch as we have booked for a later sitting.

There are a few perks with concierge. 

37 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

We are concierge on the same cruise. Previously on first night there is generally a line, if you get a seat Ok otherwise you will be given a bleeper that sounds when a table is available for you.

We have booked a table for the first night via the APP. Hoping there will be a Concierge Lunch as we have booked for a later sitting.

There are a few perks with concierge. 

Maybe see you on board !

Thanks for your information

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

We just got off Silhouette on Saturday after 12 nights onboard to the Baltics with seas like a mill pond. 

It was only our 5th Celebrity cruise , last one being in 2009 , though we have done many cruises with other lines . I had always wanted to do a Solstice class ship and loved the physical ship of Silhouette with all the  nooks and crannies with seating . 

Library- husband complained there were more books in German than English , he trawls the charity shops in Southampton before boarding so did have a good initial supply before relying on the books other folks had left  😆.  

We did  not eat in any speciality restaurants , they are too expensive compared with other lines .

Buffet food was very good but difficult to get a seat sometimes and we are prepared  to ask to share . First morning ,  day at sea , we walked all the way around couldn't get a seat and ended up at the coffee shop with a coffee and croissant  . MDR breakfast finished at 9am.

We had cabin 8334 , one of the quietest cabins we have ever had , settee by the balcony door. 

I would go on Silhouette again but cruise fare only , we thought the drinks choices in Classic at each bar very limited . We get Elite status due to RCI level so will stick to Captain's club perks in future and save money.  

Was breakfast open late in the buffet on sea day?

Cant believe they would close that early .

3 hours ago, Provence55always said:

We were on the Silhouette for 12 night just home since Saturday. We dined in Blu and it was wonderful like you many times in Blu and sometimes got fed up. They must have a very good chef in Blu at the moment.  Main dining was very busy definitely book a slot its anytime dining so you just turn up if no slot booked. My advise go to see the host on the door the moment you get onboard and try and arrange a time.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for your advice .

How was the ship entertainment ?

1 hour ago, hobgoblin said:

Was breakfast open late in the buffet on sea day?

Cant believe they would close that early .

One side would close up approx. 10.30am so lunch display could be prepared then for a short while everything closed and opened up again for lunch at 11.45am ish.  You really did have to get your timing right. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I think it will be a case of what is available!
We booked 6 months out and there was virtually nothing that I was happy with.

Our cruise is on 30/09/23.

There may be slightly more chance after final payment(ours is due 22/07/23).

I remember your cruise last year and you weren’t happy with anything there either.

Have you tried another cruise line?

3 hours ago, swjumbo said:

I remember your cruise last year and you weren’t happy with anything there either.

Have you tried another cruise line?

Last years cruise report was a comparison with the previous year.

I pay a lot of money for my cruise and last year I didn’t like the way families with children allowed them to run around the Ensemble lounge, getting in the way of waiters.

This year we are sailing when the children should be in school, so hopefully I will be happier.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

Be joining you on the TA.  We sailed her in March and have the same cabin….a hump on deck 9. I love Murano…..great food, wonderful service.  I can live without the Porch…once was enough.  Tuscan is good.  Hoping that what I’ve read on CC boards about changes to the MDR menu may be reversed by October.  A double cheese burger is NOT what I want, nor expect, from dinner in MDR.  We don’t drink and have never felt uncomfortable in the lounge.  However, they do make some really nice non-alcoholic drinks and same for beers.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, heatherb1958 said:

We are looking at booking this cabin on Equinox which I think has the exact same cabins. Was it obstructed at all and any issues with smelling smoke? Thanks so much for any info. 

18 minutes ago, cbfb said:

We are looking at booking this cabin on Equinox which I think has the exact same cabins. Was it obstructed at all and any issues with smelling smoke? Thanks so much for any info. 

No obstruction of view at all ... 

Smoke?  Not sure what type of smoke you are referring too but no obnoxious smells that I recall.

Screenshot_20240210_141653_Photos.jpg

Edited by heatherb1958

11 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

No obstruction of view at all ... 

Smoke?  Not sure what type of smoke you are referring too but no obnoxious smells that I recall.

Screenshot_20240210_141653_Photos.jpg

Thank you so much!! I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear, one of the smoking areas is starboard deck 5 so I wasn’t sure if that would be an issue! 

5 hours ago, cbfb said:

Thank you so much!! I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear, one of the smoking areas is starboard deck 5 so I wasn’t sure if that would be an issue! 

Oh I see.. from 3 decks up never noticed anything and as a life time  non smoker believe me I would have ...

• Like 1