Live from NCL Spirit 06/21/23-07/05/23 - Alaska B2B Vancouver to Seward to Vancouver

12 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

If there are a lot of kids and no bar, I don’t think this is where we will be!😉

There will be times when there are no kids, I'm sure. There is no bar in there but Spinnakers is downstairs, or you can go out thru door to Biergarten to get the drinks.

When we went to Spinnaker lounge for the Latitudes party, we brought our water glasses as we had been drinking San Pelegríno.  Servers were walking around with drinks but for some reason, we couldn’t get them to stop at our table.

One server saw us as we tried to flag one down. She said she would be right back. She came back with a tray of 4 glasses of pineapple juice and set two glasses down without asking us if we wanted one. I asked her what it was and why she was giving it to us. She said it was pineapple juice and she thought we didn’t drink alcohol.  I let her know I am allergic to pineapple and to please take  it back as we would not be drinking it. My husband asked for her to come back with alcoholic drinks.

She sure came back as she gave my husband not just one but two glasses of the red wine they were serving, Merlot.  🤣 That’s when I tried the Whiskey Sour. 

• Like 1

We are off to get breakfast and hopefully walk on deck 7 if it isn’t too windy or wet like it was yesterday.  I think we will go back to Spice H20 for the hot tubs and the spa to relax on the heated lounge chairs where it is quiet. 

We should arrive in Sitka soon and have the Best of Sitka tour planned. 

It is foggy now but the sun is trying to break through the fog. 

• Like 3

Great itinerary.  One of my faves.

I stayed in that same JW last year for an Alaska on the Encore.  IIRC it was one of the Hotel options that AMEX offered with some healthy restaurant and drink credits.  I paid for the rest in points.  So, I think it cost me nothing except tips for dinner and drinks.

Loving the review.  Glad you're having a great time.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Seas2mountains said:

Any suggestions for non-sugary drinks that don’t contain pineapple juice? 

Unfortunately, I am very boring so I don't have a lot to say, but I do know I enjoy a vodka, club soda (no carbs), with a splash of cranberry juice (thanks for the rec, @laudergayle). I don't want the entire drink red. Just slightly pink. Some bartenders know what a splash is vs. a giant pour. others...not so much. I drink both versions to prevent the alcohol abuse. Also, I enjoy an Aperol Spritz (not non-sugary, but not terrible). 

Same with grenadine....Just a splash and it makes me happy in virtually any drink. 

If you come up with any better drinks (I recognize mine aren't great), I'd love to hear them!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Great itinerary.  One of my faves.

I stayed in that same JW last year for an Alaska on the Encore.  IIRC it was one of the Hotel options that AMEX offered with some healthy restaurant and drink credits.  I paid for the rest in points.  So, I think it cost me nothing except tips for dinner and drinks.

Loving the review.  Glad you're having a great time.

Didn’t the Encore leave out of Seattle last summer? I it did it twice. 
The J.W. Marriott in this thread is the one in Vancouver, Canada

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Now you're going to make me go look it up when/where I stayed there.  you are SUCH A TEACHER!   OK....hold on...I'll be back shortly.  🙂

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

OK...it was Seattle.  And, it was the JW on the waterfront I stayed in.  Happy now?

😄  😉

• Haha 1

You mentioned 'no kids' in the Spice H2O area.  Do they seem to strict about the 18+ for that area?  My 17 year old daughter is traveling with us, and due to still recovering from knee surgery can't really run around.  Would she be able to use the hot tubs, and padded loungers in Spice H2O, or are they checking ID or something?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Any suggestions for non-sugary drinks that don’t contain pineapple juice? 

I don't know your taste, but possibly my favourite drink on the cruise was the Wasabi Cocktail at Silk (or Teppanyaki).  It consists of sake, lychee liqueur, lemon juice, orange juice, and grenadine.  Reading this it sounds like it would be sweet but I didn't find it to be. 

Edit:  I have this wrong!  There are two special drinks at Silk and the above is one of them.  The OTHER was my favourite. 🙂  It is called Shaku-shaku and it contains sake, drambuie, sambuka, cucumber, lemon juice, and simple syrup.

Honestly, they are both good, but the shaku-shaku was delicious.  Hard to drink just one....or two....

Edited by bomabound
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KDebreuil said:

You mentioned 'no kids' in the Spice H2O area.  Do they seem to strict about the 18+ for that area?  My 17 year old daughter is traveling with us, and due to still recovering from knee surgery can't really run around.  Would she be able to use the hot tubs, and padded loungers in Spice H2O, or are they checking ID or something?

As an adult in an adults only space I expect the passengers to respect this. You wrote in our roll call that your daughter will be turning 17 this summer, meaning she is 16.  

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Photos of the Great Outdoors seating area overlooking Spice H20 taken on embarkation day. 

IMG_4894.jpeg

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4899.jpeg

wow nice seating area.

I loved the shady areas on the Vista.  One of the few ships that had 3 decks at the pool.  So now this back area looks great too.

BTW look for Tony La Lido loco from Youtube who is one your cruise if you follow him.  

Enjoy trip.  I am on Princess Grand at end of summer and it is 14 day r/t doing each port twice and glacier bay twice too.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Photos of the Great Outdoors seating area overlooking Spice H20 taken on embarkation day. 

IMG_4894.jpeg

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4899.jpeg

oops sorry got mixed up thought this was CCL ship.

tony not on.

But the NCL Spirit does look nice in the back. and CCL is nice with 3 levels at the pool deck

6 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow nice seating area.

I loved the shady areas on the Vista.  One of the few ships that had 3 decks at the pool.  So now this back area looks great too.

BTW look for Tony La Lido loco from Youtube who is one your cruise if you follow him.  

Enjoy trip.  I am on Princess Grand at end of summer and it is 14 day r/t doing each port twice and glacier bay twice too.

Tony is not on this cruise. Tony left out of Seattle and the Spirit left out of Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Tony is not on this cruise. Tony left out of Seattle and the Spirit left out of Vancouver.

yes I know I just explained I errored 6 minutes ago.  

So confusing when both lines have a ship called SPIRIT.