What is your favourite dining room on Majestic?

helby

We just booked a fall cruise on Majestic and would like to book a few dining times. Which dining room do you like best and why. 

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, helby said:

We just booked a fall cruise on Majestic and would like to book a few dining times. Which dining room do you like best and why. 

Your opinion would be much appreciated.

The ones that are midship on decks 5 or 6.  We like to pick up a glass of wine at Vines before dinner so, these two are much closer to that. 
Also, I never like that aft dining room on deck 6.  We travel often with those with mobility problems and the MDR in the aft area is more difficult to get to.  From deck 5 or 6 midship, you have to go up to deck 7 and then back down to deck 6 at the aft stairs or elevators.   It also has a tendency to get the ship’s vibration back there.  
From deck 6 midship, it is much easier to get to the theater for the evening shows.  

some people love the aft dining room … I am not one of them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

The ones that are midship on decks 5 or 6.  We like to pick up a glass of wine at Vines before dinner so, these two are much closer to that. 
Also, I never like that aft dining room on deck 6.  We travel often with those with mobility problems and the MDR in the aft area is more difficult to get to.  From deck 5 or 6 midship, you have to go up to deck 7 and then back down to deck 6 at the aft stairs or elevators.   It also has a tendency to get the ship’s vibration back there.  
From deck 6 midship, it is much easier to get to the theater for the evening shows.  

some people love the aft dining room … I am not one of them 

Agree, Symphony Dining Room on deck 5 midship, and Concerto Dining Room on deck 6 midship for the same reasons.

• Like 1

I was on Majestic this past May:

My favorite was Concerto. Was able to reserve it every night via the app, with the exception of one night. We kept asking for table 318, excellent staff. Three people in my party. Finished dinner in about 1 or 1.25 hours. Quick, good service.

For the one night we couldn't get into Concerto, my family reserved Allegro. Wow, was the service slow in the section we got sat in. In one hour, I was just served the appetizer. It was College Fjord time at around 6 PM and I got up and left because it was so slow. I think the waiter we had liked to serve all his tables at the same time, because the tables next to use were still eating appetizers. I was informed (by the other 2 in my family who stayed for the whole dinner), that the main course was served at the same time as the other tables. 

Anyways, long story short, much better experience in Concerto. The atmosphere seems brighter (lights) in that dining venue as well. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

What is your favourite dining room on Majestic?

The one closest to my cabin! 😄

Lol mine is the one without the lines. Seriously on one ship last year the dining room we were booked in had long disorganized lines, even with reservations. After 2 nights I changed my reservation to the one that is harder to get to - Allegro I think.  No lines,  seated promptly, all good!

Thanks again to all who replied. We have now booked  for every evening with all times available  before final payment.  Better to have a  reservation to cancel if plans change....

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

My in-laws absolutely loved Catch, and my mother-in-law is extremely hard to please. 

We are considering booking Catch once onboard and appreciate hearing about this new restaurant. I know  can phone and book now  but will take my chances onboard.

• 2 months later...

Just back from Majestic, and had a great experience at Allegro(6th floor-aft).  One thing to keep in mind. The second seating starts at 7:30, and even if the app shows a 740 or 800 dining time, you’re off the dining room schedule, and you may not be able to get the better tables.