Anyone been upgraded once onboard?

dcsam

If you want an upgrade I would let your TA know  before hand that you are interested in any offers

Once onboard  it is probably too late

But  no never been upgraded  after  boarding

Yes sometimes after the ship leaves and someone didnt cancel but didnt come..it may happen.. you can ask for an upgrade at the front desk when you board.and they will let you know probably the next morning...you will be charged if it is a big upgrade..

Jancruz1

Yes!  Booked Marina, Inside, Venice to Miami.

Met the GM at the CC meeting who was very personable.  After I figured there were several balcony suites empty, I approached him and asked if he could give us a complimentary upgrade. Viola! Moved to a Lovely balcony.  My philosophy is it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also happened in 2021 on Seabourn.  One of their first cruises after vivid and there were only about 70 pax.  We had booked the least expensive suite.  The GM invited us to lunch and I asked if he could offer a comp. upgrade.  He checked with the powers that be and the next day we were in Penthouse Suite.  Again, doesn't hurt to ask.

So try it, all they can say is no and you are still onboard a wonderful ship having a great time.

Joanne

• Like 2

Problem with upgrades is where cabin/ suite is allocated.There is no choice on that.eg you may get an upgrade to Oceania suite and be under the gym! No thanks.Rather stay with what I booked.

When we were offered an upsell,we knew where the penthouse suite was - next to the bridge but it was fine.Grateful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vtgumby said:

Asked in April when we boarded (2/3 empty ship) and we were offered a $2500 upgrade (total) for the 18 day cruise.

We declined the ‘offer’ and stayed as booked, $2500 indeed, still laughing.

What would you have been upgrading from and to?

In January of 2022 our cruise was like a ghost ship because of Covid.  We paid a very modest fee to upgrade from a balcony to a penthouse shortly after boarding.  It was an upsell rather than an upgrade, but a bargain.  I made the same request a few months later, but the second time nothing was available.  Don't count on upgrades or upsells.  It's important to book a stateroom you will actually be satisfied with.  We leave tomorrow on another Oceania cruise and I know already that no switching on board will be available.  We actually received a large offer to downgrade from our balcony, but turned it down.

Just pay attention to the offers or Availability because they can be DEFINITELY WORTHWHILE.  We have upgraded from Concierge Verands to PH to Owners Suite, PH to Oceania Suite and even accepted a downgrade from Concierge A Veranda to a B Veranda and received over $2500 refund for the cruise. Oh yes, accepted an offer to extend to a B2B with 10 additional days in the Med for that same $2500+ refund. We turned a 14 day Med cruise in a A-2 into a 24 day Med cruise in a B-1. Definitely not a tough decision and maintained all Concierge amenities. 
Bottom line, take advantage of the Oceania Oversold or Undersold offers when their $  number matches yours, we all have a price. 😇👍

Mauibabes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Robson1 said:

What would you have been upgrading from and to?

A measley inside to balcony. Instead, we slept like babies and dreamed of our next cruise that we could apply $2500 to like the 34 day Australia trip I booked onboard. 😉

We asked, they responded, we declined and all was good BUT I did think it crazy on their part to not offer a better price. Bottom line, worked out fine. Asking costs nothing and some folks have lucked out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vtgumby said:

A measley inside to balcony. Instead, we slept like babies and dreamed of our next cruise that we could apply $2500 to like the 34 day Australia trip I booked onboard. 😉

We asked, they responded, we declined and all was good BUT I did think it crazy on their part to not offer a better price. Bottom line, worked out fine. Asking costs nothing and some folks have lucked out.

For me moving from inside to balcony on the 18 days cruise for $2500 total sounds like a very good deal. One would pay a lot more booking it at the first place and other people on your cruise did. But I understand that you were happy with what you originally booked, so you felt there was no need to pay more. Most importantly you enjoyed your cruise.

• Like 3

On 6/20/2023 at 12:40 AM, sable1 said:

Yes!  Booked Marina, Inside, Venice to Miami.

Met the GM at the CC meeting who was very personable.  After I figured there were several balcony suites empty, I approached him and asked if he could give us a complimentary upgrade. Viola! Moved to a Lovely balcony.  My philosophy is it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also happened in 2021 on Seabourn.  One of their first cruises after vivid and there were only about 70 pax.  We had booked the least expensive suite.  The GM invited us to lunch and I asked if he could offer a comp. upgrade.  He checked with the powers that be and the next day we were in Penthouse Suite.  Again, doesn't hurt to ask.

So try it, all they can say is no and you are still onboard a wonderful ship having a great time.

Joanne

Not my style to cozy up to GMs.  Guess we will never be upgraded and that's OK.

These days  with the ships sailing full & some cruises fully waitlisted   chances of upgrades  or upsells on the ship could be slim

I guess it never hurts to ask 🤔

11 hours ago, osandomir said:

For me moving from inside to balcony on the 18 days cruise for $2500 total sounds like a very good deal. One would pay a lot more booking it at the first place and other people on your cruise did. But I understand that you were happy with what you originally booked, so you felt there was no need to pay more. Most importantly you enjoyed your cruise.

We were on a beautifully empty 15 day transpacific with Windstar (88 people) that we just got off and they had a couple of owner suites that they were offering up for 2000 total. Deal! You would think we would leap onto that but we took a brief tour and thought it to be just meh (and I’m pretty sure it would be the only time we would be in an owners suite) but we just couldn’t take the bite of that apple and stayed in our lovely French balcony room. Bigger yes (much!) but it just lacked any ambience and why spend the 2k just for the space? Zero regrets. To have spent $2500 for a mere balcony on quarter full Oceania is a waste for us, we love Oceania but find it pricey and it has to make sense. Undoubtedly I’ll kick myself for my only cheap leap into a Windstar owners suite but we truly loved our cabin and found another cruise to put that 2k into, go figure BUT Windstar offered up a deal, Oceania did not in my estimation.

I remember our infrequent suite moments and they say you can never go back but it turns out you can, rather easily too! 😉 Having said that we have a lovely suite experience coming this November during a TA so all is not lost, whew!