VeriFly

JMorbem

Last time I chimed in on this topic I spent time in cruise critic jail (solitary confinement) so I'll try to be very careful.....

Isn't the sole purpose of Verifly to show Covid vaccination status and Covid test results?

If that is the case and that is not required, what would be the purpose for fumbling around with Verifly?

We have boarded HAL cruises 4 times since the "recent unpleasantness" (Amsterdam, Santiago/San Antonio, 2x Ft Lauderdale) and experienced no advantage for having successfully fumbled around with Verifly...of course, as they say YMMV based on Covid dictates....but that has to be rare now and last time I looked, is not required in Europe.

And Verify was never required........no matter the Covid dance steps required to board. 

Enjoy the journey.......

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 2

I continue to receive emails from HAL reminding me to complete VeriFLY. I did for Nov San Diego Koningsdam Mex Riviera & Feb FLL Nieuw Amsterdam Caribbean cruises, but did not last month Seattle Eurodam AK.

No issues last month without it.

Thanks for the reply.  I did complete it.  However, not needing any vaccinations or Covid test, I doubt it will be needed.  In February it saved a huge amount of time in San Diego because we were able to bypass the lineup of people presenting paperwork on vaccinations and Covid test results.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Last time I chimed in on this topic I spent time in cruise critic jail (solitary confinement) so I'll try to be very careful.....

Isn't the sole purpose of Verifly to show Covid vaccination status and Covid test results?

If that is the case and that is not required, what would be the purpose for fumbling around with Verifly?

We have boarded HAL cruises 4 times since the "recent unpleasantness" (Amsterdam, Santiago/San Antonio, 2x Ft Lauderdale) and experienced no advantage for having successfully fumbled around with Verifly...of course, as they say YMMV based on Covid dictates....but that has to be rare now and last time I looked, is not required in Europe.

And Verify was never required........no matter the Covid dance steps required to board. 

Enjoy the journey.......

I just loaded my information into Verifly for my upcoming August cruise. It took a total of two (2) minutes to complete with no fumbling on my part or the app.

As simple as entering my reservation number and then verifying my information from the prior cruise was correct. Heck, it even reused my last photograph. 

Fumble free.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

I just loaded my information into Verifly for my upcoming August cruise. It took a total of two (2) minutes to complete with no fumbling on my part or the app.

Nice!  

But I am curious as to what you expect Verifly will do for you when you board in August?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 8:20 AM, FlaMariner said:

Nice! 

But I am curious as to what you expect Verifly will do for you when you board in August?

Apparently NOTHING.

Just received a text message from Holland America on my iPhone to be sure to use VeriFLY to speed up boarding for my cruise departing this Saturday.

I went to view my pass and at the bottom it reads, "Holland America Line is no longer using VeriFLY." 😄

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Apparently NOTHING.

Just received a text message from Holland America on my iPhone to be sure to use VeriFLY to speed up boarding for my cruise departing this Saturday.

I went to view my pass and at the bottom it reads, "Holland America Line is no longer using VeriFLY." 😄

That's been my experience on every HAL cruise I've been on since last Oct. Would be nice if they'd stop the messages to complete VeriFLY. 

• Like 2

While I know HAL is not using VeriFLY any longer, this is the email HAL is sending out when you cruise is just two weeks away. 
They really need to update what they send out.

PRE-CRUISE MUST DO’S!

The final countdown has begun and we’re looking forward to welcoming you! In order to board there are a few requirements you need to complete prior to arriving at the terminal! These are required for boarding.

1.Visit Health Protocols Look Up Tool to understand and meet the pre-cruise vaccination and/or testing requirements specific to your voyage.

2.Complete your Online Check-in as soon as you have booked, including vaccination attestation, cruise contract and boarding pass.

3.If required for your booking and voyage, bring Proof of Vaccination and/or COVID-19 testing.

4.For faster check-in, upload your proof of vaccination and/or COVID-19 test results, as required for your booking and voyage, using the VeriFLY app.

See Full Pre-Travel Checklist And Protocol FAQs For More Info

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yep, I get those, too, and agree HAL needs to update their Pre-cruise checklist to remove VeriFLY. 

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Haljo1935
Edits
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Yep, I get those, too, and agree HAL needs to update their Pre-cruise checklist to remove VeriFLY. 

Safe travels  - enjoy your cruise!

Can you please remove you post, it had my booking number on it and I quickly removed it, but your captured before I could remove, for security puroses can you please remove,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Can you please remove you post, it had my booking number on it and I quickly removed it, but you caputred before I could remove, for security puroses can you please remove,

Should be good now.

• Like 1