Beatle tour

Michael50

13 minutes ago, Michael50 said:

Hi everyone, we are booked on Viking British isles cruise, wondering if we should book the Beatle tour on our own or use the Viking tour? Any recommendations would be so appreciated. 
thanks 

We took it with Viking as the ship was leaving early.  It is available a short walk from the dock and many do take it on their own.  About half the price of the ship's tour as usual.  We loved it but then big Beatles fan.  DW not so much but from time to time she tolerates my strangeness....😎

We stayed in London for a couple extra days at the end of our cruise.  We did a Beatles Black Cab tour that was just my wife and I.   Tour was about 5 hours and the driver took us to all the main locations and many out of the way ones.  We booked this through Viator.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rusty Scupper said:

We did it on our own with Mop Top Tours, which was excellent for serious Beatles fans. Stevie T. picked us up at the ship.

Yep, you have to love their music or the tours will drive you crazy.  Not recommended for country music fans......Like my DW.....  It really cost me for her putting up with me.🥃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Yep, you have to love their music or the tours will drive you crazy.  Not recommended for country music fans......Like my DW.....  It really cost me for her putting up with me.🥃

Ya sure it was just the Beatles tour 😆? (sorry, couldn't help myself)

• Haha 3

We did it on our own with fellow passengers that we met here on CC. 😉😃 Moonlion. As a little example ….. we came upon a site with several busses and a line to take a photo. Our driver was able to drive on by and return when the crowds had moved on. 

• Like 2

We took the Viking Beatles tour.  If you are OK with mostly 'drive by' of most of the locations, and not seeing several others at all, by all means do the Viking tour.  If you really want a Beatles "experience" book a private tour like most of our friends did, for 1/2 the cost and double the fun.  Our guide with Viking was excellent, but the stops, itinerary and experience was extremely disappointing.  One of only 2 excursions over 7 cruises I've done with Viking that I've slammed in the feedback questionnaires.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wasn’t specifically offered on our BI cruise this past April.  The included panoramic drove by the street entrance but that was it.  We walked back later that day.

IMG_3040.jpeg

IMG_3067.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3071.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_3072.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

2 hours ago, deec said:

PRH...Did you go into the museum?

No, we did not.  The Eurovision crowds were so packed in the street, we decided to move along.  The bricks outside the Cavern Club are engraved with every group/person who has performed there.  Very impressive.