Any Hotel Recommendations with WIFI on the Beach in Mahahaul?

MississippiMom

New situation arose last night.  We have a college senior who is taking classes this summer and will need to be able to watch posted course-related videos while we cruise.  She will have the premium wi-fi package through Carnival and we hope (fingers crossed) she manages to log in at a time when connectivity is decent.  She just found out yesterday that she will need to upload video presentations (of herself) during our cruise.  Of course, she will be reaching out to the professor to see if she can complete her assignments prior to sailing, but if that isn't an option, we are trying to think of alternatives.  

We know there are plenty of hotel options in Cozumel, but she had planned on joining us on our tour around the island, which includes the more secluded "wild side."  So we thought maybe, just maybe, we might luck into a hotel with decent wifi on the beach in Mahahual. Our college student could work in the quiet of a hotel room while her parents and siblings enjoyed the beach.  Then she could join us, when finished.

From reading on these boards, I was going to reach out to 40 Canones, El Fuerte Beach Resort, and Hotel Blue Reef to check on availability on our port date.  I want to stay on the Malacon, in case we want to walk around a little bit. 

Any others I should consider?

Most beach clubs offer wifi.  How dependable for your daughter's use vs just "normal" surfing and emails, I can't opine.  El Fuerte would be "quieter choice, Maramao is the beach club there..  Blue Reef, next door has a nice covered area in the building. Pez Quadro is the beach club for 40 Canones.

Nohoch Kay and Malecon 21 are two other beach clubs with decent wifi.

I would suggest, regardless of where you end up, having your daughter connect via a VPN service to help ensure privacy.  These are pretty reasonable, just make sure they can work outside the US.

• Thanks 1

Coffee shops or hotels in Cozumel would be my preference, however report from 2 years ago

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowTopic-g499450-i10621-k13449295-Is_Wifi_in_Mahahual_good_enough_for_working_remotely-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsul.html

Updated this year,

(Malecon21 used to be our go to place but disappointed in recent service)

https://vivalatravelista.com/mahahual-mexico/

From above blog with lots of general info about beach bars and hotels which states:

Be prepared for limited connectivity: The cell service in Mahahual is not the best and while there is wifi at many of the hotels, it can be spotty and unreliable. Be prepared for limited connectivity especially if you are away from public spaces

• Thanks 1