Deluxe balcony cabin Ventura

JudithAnn1

Hi There, 

last cruise we did on Ventura 2022, Slippers and dressing gowns are included for use on the cruise - not to take away. A half bottle of champagne on arrival, think fruit? and canopies delivered during the cruise. Possibly an earlier boarding time if your not high up on tier level. 

18 minutes ago, JudithAnn1 said:

We are due to sail on a Canary Island cruise on Ventura in September. Can anyone tell us what extras, such as dressing gowns, are now included with a Deluxe Balcony cabin please?

This is from the P&O brochure.

Our superior deluxe on Ventura had a bath with overhead shower an 2 TVs with a nice sitting area.

16874615850653125248997379263868.jpg

14 hours ago, JudithAnn1 said:

We are due to sail on a Canary Island cruise on Ventura in September. Can anyone tell us what extras, such as dressing gowns, are now included with a Deluxe Balcony cabin please?

Dressing gown, slippers, bottle of fizz, bar of chocolate.

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Like these cabins but cannot see the TVs without my long distance specs! Wonder when they are going to upgrade them?!

Forgot about having 2 tellies. I had great fun changing channels on the TV that DW was watching, using the second remote.🤣

• Haha 3

We had one on Ventura once and hated it. It was a bad location and I made a mistake on this one despite my research. Felt that the bed was too far away from the balcony and the sea and hubby hated the shower over the bath as he is tall and had to bend over to shower. Really did not like it and will not bother to book one like this again - a basic cabin is far better for us.

1 hour ago, Camberley said:

Ah the weekly punishment of their attempts at canapés. 

We said that. I’m all fairness the MSC Yacht Club ones were not great either. I think I’m probably just not a canapé person 😂

• Like 1

I love the Deluxe room: I love the extra space and the bathroom with a bath. Any of the location of them suits me. I also like a robe because it saves on packing, and the big telly is handy if you want to watch a film (probably more relevant on longer sailings with more sea days) and I like the separate living and sleeping areas, and the curtain so if one wants an earlier night you aren’t disturbing others. Bottle of wine, fruit basket, and massive balcony were also nice perks: I don’t care if it’s overlooked as I can’t imagine why anyone would want to lean down and look at me sat reading a book when they have the ocean/port to look at 😂

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who replied.  We sailed on Ventura last March and had one of the balcony cabins on C deck which we loved. We have had to use a cruise credit earlier than we had planned due to P and O changing the rules and due to other commitments the Canary cruise was the best one for us.  The amount involved just covered the cost of a deluxe cabin hence the reason for booking it. Hopefully we will enjoy the cruise and also our choice of cabin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cloudyrain said:

I love the Deluxe room: I love the extra space and the bathroom with a bath. Any of the location of them suits me. I also like a robe because it saves on packing, and the big telly is handy if you want to watch a film (probably more relevant on longer sailings with more sea days) and I like the separate living and sleeping areas, and the curtain so if one wants an earlier night you aren’t disturbing others. Bottle of wine, fruit basket, and massive balcony were also nice perks: I don’t care if it’s overlooked as I can’t imagine why anyone would want to lean down and look at me sat reading a book when they have the ocean/port to look at 😂

Where are these big tellies? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Where are these big tellies? 

If the TVs on Ventura have been upgraded, I hope that they haven’t done the same as on Aurora and short changed the accessible cabins. Seems to be a Carnival thing. We were on Cunard’s QM2 recently in a Princess Grill suite, which is very similar to a Superior Deluxe Cabin on Ventura, and we had just one TV in the lounge area, whereas the non-accessible suites had a second TV in the bedroom area. 

24 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

If the TVs on Ventura have been upgraded, I hope that they haven’t done the same as on Aurora and short changed the accessible cabins. Seems to be a Carnival thing. We were on Cunard’s QM2 recently in a Princess Grill suite, which is very similar to a Superior Deluxe Cabin on Ventura, and we had just one TV in the lounge area, whereas the non-accessible suites had a second TV in the bedroom area. 

Sorry to jump in Selbourne but are you on our cruise on Britannia B317 or B318N? I am sure I have asked before but I think it was a long time ago. Andy is on the first one I think.

Dai

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daiB said:

Sorry to jump in Selbourne but are you on our cruise on Britannia B317 or B318N? I am sure I have asked before but I think it was a long time ago. Andy is on the first one I think.

Dai

We are on B318N Dai and, yes, Andy is on B317. Looking forward to it. Different and varied itinerary and our first P&O cruise since Dec 2019, although we are making up for it with a week on Iona and two 14 nighters on Ventura in the 8 months following Britannia!

• Like 2