13 Days to go and GTY cabin still not allocated

18 hours ago, needingwifi said:

Nice...! What did you book and what did you get?

We booked a classic verandah GTY and were allocated the next level up. Having said that it is the adjoining cabin to a Royal Suite so not sure if that makes any difference. Thinking it might be better with more senior butler service perhaps but might be noisier as an adjoining cabin?

6 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

We booked a classic verandah GTY and were allocated the next level up. Having said that it is the adjoining cabin to a Royal Suite so not sure if that makes any difference. Thinking it might be better with more senior butler service perhaps but might be noisier as an adjoining cabin?

We were eventually allocated a room next to a Grand Suite. These are rooms that can be booked as a second bed room for a Grand Suite. However, connection appears to be via a common entrance 'outer vestibule' and not a direct connecting door, so I don't envisage any real problems.

15 hours ago, 1954 said:

We were eventually allocated a room next to a Grand Suite. These are rooms that can be booked as a second bed room for a Grand Suite. However, connection appears to be via a common entrance 'outer vestibule' and not a direct connecting door, so I don't envisage any real problems.

Thanks, that's good to know!

On 6/30/2023 at 10:10 AM, ArtofZen said:

I am in the same boat (NPI - okay, maybe I did intend it a little bit...).  I am traveling with a multigenerational family group.  We had four cabins in the cheap seats.  All the cheap seats are on Deck 4.  I assumed we would be one big happy family down on that deck together.  Then my father and stepmother got their cabin assignment on Deck 5.  My brother, traveling with two college-aged children, got his room assignments last week with both rooms on Deck 7.  My husband and I are still waiting.  We are wondering if we are the only ones who won't be upgraded.  It's clear the family won't all be together (not a big deal).  We are 14 days out now and would really love to know ahead of time where our cabin is.  It helps me plan my days better to know what's close to us. 

Well, I'm 7 days out and finally got the room assignment.  Upgraded from steerage to a Veranda suite on Deck 9.  I can relax a bit now. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ArtofZen said:

Well, I'm 7 days out and finally got the room assignment.  Upgraded from steerage to a Veranda suite on Deck 9.  I can relax a bit now. 

They weren't going to make you camp out in a tender. 😄 From what I've seen the Vista suite is first class accommodations. The balcony is nice but the Vista hardly seems like slumming it.  I do look forward to seeing just how superior your veranda is compared to mine. 😛 

I believe all Vista and Veranda suites are virtually the same except for the size of the windows and whether or not they have a balcony. And I understand that the only difference between Classic, Deluxe and Superior Verandas is the location on the ship. Since we’re not bothered about location I would always opt to save the money for more cruises!! As far as balconies go, it is lovely to have one but on ‘colder’ expedition cruises we’ve always opted for Vista G’tee rather than pay extra for a balcony that’s likely to get little use.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, A Tucson Guy said:

Did ya get an upgrade??

I am in a Deluxe now on deck 7. Normally I would book a Classic so I guess that is an upgrade. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

13 days out today and still waiting. My previous experience could not have been more different- I switched from a specific cabin to GTY when they became available. I was assigned an upgraded cabin that afternoon. Booked Explorer, upgraded to Vista Suite. 

3 hours ago, crusinbanjo said:

It’s not uncommon, Mrs Banjo and I have not been assigned a cabin for our cruise in a few weeks, and past cruises were not assigned until just a few days before embarking.

I guess I don't have the patience that I wish I had! 12 days out and I really really want to know. It's not like it really makes a big difference- we are on the Explorer and will mostly be out of the cabin anyway except to collapse after excursions.  And it is beginning to look like we may be in transit (4 days home to port) before we find out where we will land. 

2 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I guess I don't have the patience that I wish I had! 12 days out and I really really want to know. It's not like it really makes a big difference- we are on the Explorer and will mostly be out of the cabin anyway except to collapse after excursions.  And it is beginning to look like we may be in transit (4 days home to port) before we find out where we will land. 

You can always call and ask.  The SS rep may be able to find out for you.  Personally, I try not to worry about it, once it was very close to embarkation day.  It is always good, just being on the ship!

And you never know, you might get a surprise (a good one). I was upgraded just a few days before my recent cruise to a Silver Suite.......had no idea that was coming!  Biggest cabin I ever had! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

And you never know, you might get a surprise (a good one). I was upgraded just a few days before my recent cruise to a Silver Suite.......had no idea that was coming!  Biggest cabin I ever had! 

I think this may be why I want to find out where we will be. Not that I anticipate such an upgrade but the closer it comes to sail date, the more a small part of me says- well gosh- Somebody has to be in those upscale cabins! And I really don't want to get caught in thinking that way as it is far more likely that we will be pretty much where we booked. And yes, I could call but guess I don't care enough to pick up the phone- besides- it will jinx my chances!

4 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

I think this may be why I want to find out where we will be. Not that I anticipate such an upgrade but the closer it comes to sail date, the more a small part of me says- well gosh- Somebody has to be in those upscale cabins! And I really don't want to get caught in thinking that way as it is far more likely that we will be pretty much where we booked. And yes, I could call but guess I don't care enough to pick up the phone- besides- it will jinx my chances!

LOL....I get it.  Actually, they had issued me a cabin on deck 7 about a week before I got a call about this one. I was thinking they were going to tell me it would cost me x amount and I was just going to stay on deck 7, which would have been fine with me. When they told me it was complimentary, I almost fell out of my Lazy Boy LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Great upgrade!  The SS Silver Suite is of equivalent size to a Royal on X.