Night Life on Pursuit

Bo1331

Planning a trip on Pursuit in Oct’23 for Croatia and have never been on Azamara but we are loyal Celebrity cruiser.  What kind of entertainment do they have.  How does it compare to Celebrity.

I'm sure you will enjoy Croatia and Azamara are well known for their excellent itineraries.

However, Celebrity Eclipse in December was far superior to Azamara Quest in February.

Bigger ships have more venues and variety.

We have done 31 Azamara cruises and only a handful of Celebrity and have more booked with Celebrity, but none at present with Azamara.

The music level (above safe decibel level on Azamara) has been a definite influencer as far as our future bookings go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

I'm sure you will enjoy Croatia and Azamara are well known for their excellent itineraries.

However, Celebrity Eclipse in December was far superior to Azamara Quest in February.

We have done 31 Azamara cruises and only a handful of Celebrity and have more booked with Celebrity, but none at present with Azamara.

The music level (above safe decibel level on Azamara) has been a definite influencer as far as our future bookings go.

OTOH we were driven mad by the ubiquitous Muzak on Celebrity.  And except for this decibel issue on Azamara [which we haven't experienced, but accept from the many reports here] there was nothing on Celebrity, even in the Retreat, that compared with Azamara.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Over the years, we have found the shows on Celebrity very ho-hum, (which is how we feel about the Azamara production shows too) and also found that they don’t often change, so if you cruise more than once every few years, you are likely to see the same shows again and again. The entertainment I enjoyed the most on Celebrity was the silent disco. It was always popular and fun. I think something similar could be successful on Azamara.  Celebrity have never provided anything that we thought was as good as White Night or the Azamazing Evening in our 20+ cruises before we stopped cruising with them.

We don’t choose cruise lines based on entertainment, but we do find that we like the cruise director shows and the visiting entertainers’ shows on Azamara just fine. We also usually enjoy the band in the Living Room, and the piano player in The Den.

• Like 3

I think you make a very valid point about judging the entertainment as a first timer vs a repeater. It’s all fresh for the first timer so their views differ. Azamara has a high number of repeat guests. I think that’s where the challenge comes in (I will ignore the serial repeaters no entertainment schedule can give them variety). Azamara are now rotating the production shows and cast between ships which may or may not give variety depending on what goes where. I find some of the guest acts shows haven’t changed for years. But the worst same old same old is the cruise directors shows. Some change over time some are same old same old. That’s disappointing given the range of new pieces available every year. 
Personally I also think White Night needs a change. Again on some ships it’s the same play list from 10 years ago. They also need two versions the indoor and the outdoor as some of the numbers don’t “transfer inside” as well. 
For me a good player in the Den and some talent in the living room is what makes or breaks a cruise 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, uktog said:

I think you make a very valid point about judging the entertainment as a first timer vs a repeater. It’s all fresh for the first timer so their views differ. Azamara has a high number of repeat guests. I think that’s where the challenge comes in (I will ignore the serial repeaters no entertainment schedule can give them variety). Azamara are now rotating the production shows and cast between ships which may or may not give variety depending on what goes where. I find some of the guest acts shows haven’t changed for years. But the worst same old same old is the cruise directors shows. Some change over time some are same old same old. That’s disappointing given the range of new pieces available every year. 
Personally I also think White Night needs a change. Again on some ships it’s the same play list from 10 years ago. They also need two versions the indoor and the outdoor as some of the numbers don’t “transfer inside” as well. 
For me a good player in the Den and some talent in the living room is what makes or breaks a cruise 

I have to agree with your assessment of White Night.  A few new songs would be welcome to many of us who are repeat Azamara guests. Perhaps there is also a way to inject some local flavour into the night reflecting the chosen itinerary?  Just a thought.

• Like 2

Overall, the entertainment on Celebrity as superior to Azamara. I just got off the Pursuit earlier this month, and the entertainment was most definitely ho-hum.  There was one great comedian, but the music-focused shows were, to be polite, uninspiring.  The Den’s piano man played the same music for 14 nights, as did the House Band… lots of eye rolling by the guests.   That said, the shows were well attended and many seemed to enjoy them.  Entertainment is not important for us, as we much prefer to socialize and enjoy the ship’s amenities vs. attending shows/events.

28 minutes ago, Ayden said:

I have to agree with your assessment of White Night.  A few new songs would be welcome to many of us who are repeat Azamara guests. Perhaps there is also a way to inject some local flavour into the night reflecting the chosen itinerary?  Just a thought.

Last year at Kusadasi they brought turkish folk music and dancers for White Night.

• Like 2