exercise classes included in Plus

Shaver John

33 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Does anyone know what exercise classes are included in Plus. Are the classes worth going to and are they basic or do you have to be in excellent shape to even join in..

Just off the Emerald where I had the ‘Premier’ pkg, so I could have ‘unlimited’ classes. I believe ‘plus’ gives you 2 classes for free. The classes offered on the Emerald were Yoga Six, Stretch Lab, Pure Barre, Tour Cycle and TRX. I went to one Yoga Six class and it was very Basic. I had intended to do other classes, but they were scheduled for very early each day, like 7 and 8 am. Without the pkg, the class fees were $20-$30 each.

For me, I would have preferred classes scheduled just before lunch, or late afternoon. Sorry, I am on vacation and not waking up to attend a 7am exercise class, but I imagine there are a few that would.

They are designed for beginners to be able to do, and instructors know how to adjust for  each level of the participants.

You can sign up at the Spa for each class, but I do not think you will have a problem getting into a class, as they accept walk ins if space available. For Royal class ships, the fitness center is not by the Spa, so you would sign up at the Fitness center.

I do not know if the classes offered are the same through out the fleet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:21 PM, wallyj said:

Just off the Emerald where I had the ‘Premier’ pkg, so I could have ‘unlimited’ classes. I believe ‘plus’ gives you 2 classes for free. The classes offered on the Emerald were Yoga Six, Stretch Lab, Pure Barre, Tour Cycle and TRX. I went to one Yoga Six class and it was very Basic. I had intended to do other classes, but they were scheduled for very early each day, like 7 and 8 am. Without the pkg, the class fees were $20-$30 each.

For me, I would have preferred classes scheduled just before lunch, or late afternoon. Sorry, I am on vacation and not waking up to attend a 7am exercise class, but I imagine there are a few that would.

They are designed for beginners to be able to do, and instructors know how to adjust for  each level of the participants.

You can sign up at the Spa for each class, but I do not think you will have a problem getting into a class, as they accept walk ins if space available. For Royal class ships, the fitness center is not by the Spa, so you would sign up at the Fitness center.

I do not know if the classes offered are the same through out the fleet.

How did you find out what classes were offered and when?  I've been interested doing the classes and have had Premier my last 4 cruises but couldn't figure out where, what, and when to go.  

2 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

How did you find out what classes were offered and when?  I've been interested doing the classes and have had Premier my last 4 cruises but couldn't figure out where, what, and when to go.  

The classes are usually listed in the daily ‘patter/events’. On day1 go to the fitness center and they will have the master list for that sailing of all the classes and times and sign up lists for each class, but for my sailing,  it did not seem necessary and you could just show up before the class.

They will have the list on the table for the sign up to other ‘seminars’ at the SPA raffle drawing on Day1,  usually held around 5pm, else go to the fitness center and find an Instructor and they will find you the sign up list.

All classes will be held in the fitness center.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 5:18 PM, startedwithamouse said:

We've been to Pure Barre and Yoga. Both are basic, you don't have to be in shape to join in. We belonged to Pure Barre a few years ago, and the ship class is a dumbed down version. 

Good, because if I were to join a class that requires any coordinated movement it would look like a newborn giraffe decided to participate in the activities.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

The classes are usually listed in the daily ‘patter/events’. On day1 go to the fitness center and they will have the master list for that sailing of all the classes and times and sign up lists for each class, but for my sailing,  it did not seem necessary and you could just show up before the class.

They will have the list on the table for the sign up to other ‘seminars’ at the SPA raffle drawing on Day1,  usually held around 5pm, else go to the fitness center and find an Instructor and they will find you the sign up list.

All classes will be held in the fitness center.

Thanks. I've only noticed a class here and there in the Patter.  I guess I'll have to make my way to the fitness center to see if anything if interest works into my schedule. 

On 6/24/2023 at 7:18 PM, startedwithamouse said:

We've been to Pure Barre and Yoga. Both are basic, you don't have to be in shape to join in. We belonged to Pure Barre a few years ago, and the ship class is a dumbed down version. 

Perfect just the answer I like to read.  If one thing a cruise does, is inspire you.  I do not belong to a gym or even have a workout routine.  I once used the WII fit and found fun in that, but that was 10+ years ago.  My upcoming cruise, will give me a taste again and I will join.  Me - out of shape, mid 60's with an arthritic knee, and plus size.  I"ll go there with a smile. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 6:33 PM, Shaver John said:

Does anyone know what exercise classes are included in Plus. Are the classes worth going to and are they basic or do you have to be in excellent shape to even join in..

My husband attended one class on the Sky a couple of weeks ago.  I believe it was a stretch lab.  He enjoyed the class and he rarely works out at home.  

39 minutes ago, melodyina said:

Perfect just the answer I like to read.  If one thing a cruise does, is inspire you.  I do not belong to a gym or even have a workout routine.  I once used the WII fit and found fun in that, but that was 10+ years ago.  My upcoming cruise, will give me a taste again and I will join.  Me - out of shape, mid 60's with an arthritic knee, and plus size.  I"ll go there with a smile. 

Don't worry about being out of shape.  My husband was the only person in the class, so he got one on one attention from the instructor.  

I never do things like this but might give it a try if there are classes that aren’t early AM.  I am wondering…

- what is a barré class?  Is it doing stretches using a ballet barre?

- what TRX?

- what do you wear to these classes?  Do I need special footwear?

On 6/26/2023 at 3:07 PM, ExploringTheGlobe said:

They will be posted in the fitness center.  Here is an example from the Majestic a couple weeks ago.   

IMG_8037.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 10:31 PM, Carnevale said:

I never do things like this but might give it a try if there are classes that aren’t early AM.  I am wondering…

- what is a barré class?  Is it doing stretches using a ballet barre?

- what TRX?

- what do you wear to these classes?  Do I need special footwear?

Barre is a class based on ballet exercises

TRX is suspension training using straps

I would wear fitness gear or at least, shorts and a t-shirt and yes, wear trainers.  In barre and TRX, they may let you take them off, but in some public spaces, you've got to wear at least sox and sometimes shoes, can depend on the instructor.

• Thanks 1