How many different bags?

On 6/30/2023 at 2:26 PM, slidergirl said:

I take one of my quiver of daypacks ... 

I like that phrase.  Mine hang on the wall in my closet above my shoes.  

On 6/30/2023 at 3:04 PM, newoncruise said:

... In many European countries supermarkets sell reusabke shopping bags  ... 

Not just a European thing!  

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 12:26 PM, slidergirl said:

on another note:  Crystal - I just noticed you moved to SE Utah.  How do you like it?  You were in Reno before, right?

We lived in Orange County California for our entire married life, plus a few years for me. He grew up there. I worked ten years (1985-95) then became a kept woman; his 34.5-year medical career ended on the last day of 2019... We were going to stay in our house and use it as a homebase to continue travelling. We did take a land-tour to South America in January. By February 2020 we had SIX cruises booked! None of which happened...

After doing or having done every household project he could think of, my husband was bored to tears! About the first of August, he said "What about that house you looked at when you visited your family in Moab last year?" Well, it had sold and was relisted at a higher price, but my sister REALLY didn't like the location and found us the house of our dreams a little farther out of town. We dropped everything (remember, bored to tears so not much to drop!), drove to Moab, and made an offer on the house. It closed in October, and we spent about four months getting moved. A task not made easier by the pandemic. 

We like it just fine! Lots of projects to keep my husband busy, and we're able to be helpful and share chores with my family (mom, brother/SIL, sister/BIL). We finally cruised over last new years, and have two more booked. 

I think you are in Colorado? Grand Junction is the major shopping town for Moab, also medical hub.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

We lived in Orange County California for our entire married life, plus a few years for me. He grew up there. I worked ten years (1985-95) then became a kept woman; his 34.5-year medical career ended on the last day of 2019... We were going to stay in our house and use it as a homebase to continue travelling. We did take a land-tour to South America in January. By February 2020 we had SIX cruises booked! None of which happened...

After doing or having done every household project he could think of, my husband was bored to tears! About the first of August, he said "What about that house you looked at when you visited your family in Moab last year?" Well, it had sold and was relisted at a higher price, but my sister REALLY didn't like the location and found us the house of our dreams a little farther out of town. We dropped everything (remember, bored to tears so not much to drop!), drove to Moab, and made an offer on the house. It closed in October, and we spent about four months getting moved. A task not made easier by the pandemic. 

We like it just fine! Lots of projects to keep my husband busy, and we're able to be helpful and share chores with my family (mom, brother/SIL, sister/BIL). We finally cruised over last new years, and have two more booked. 

I think you are in Colorado? Grand Junction is the major shopping town for Moab, also medical hub.

I’m in Utah.  
where did I get the idea about Reno?

Moab is a lovely area.  Plenty to see and do just within a little drive .

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:

I’m in Utah.  
where did I get the idea about Reno?

Moab is a lovely area.  Plenty to see and do just within a little drive .

Where did I get the idea Colorado?

We have a lovely view of LaSal Mountains. And we've perfected itineraries for people staying 3-5-and-10 days! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Where did I get the idea Colorado?

We have a lovely view of LaSal Mountains. And we've perfected itineraries for people staying 3-5-and-10 days! 

I’m in Colorado, Moab is a fun town

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 8:59 PM, newoncruise said:

Ladies, I need your help!

I will hopefully soon book my first cruise for the end of September (Costa from Kiel to Savona). While I know which shoes I will pack, I am struggeling on which bags to take. The backpack, in which I can store spare clothes or a bath towel and a large water bottle, is very practical, but not nice.  much!

First, please don't pack a bath towel.  The only towel you might want to pack is a hair towel if you're like me and need microfiber for the hair.

The Loqi bags and the like are great and easy to pack and have multiple uses.

I am partial to a little crossbody for evenings that can easily slip into other bags when no on the ship.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 3:56 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

First, please don't pack a bath towel.

I think I will pack a Hamam towel or a long Pareo which I can also tie around the waist.

My question refers to the transport of the towel which Costa offers and personal things from the cabin to the pool and back. 

On 7/9/2023 at 3:56 AM, GORDONCHICK said:

The Loqi bags and the like are great and easy to pack and have multiple uses.

Tank you for the confirmation - I will take my Loqi bag with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newoncruise said:

I think I will pack a Hamam towel or a long Pareo which I can also tie around the waist.

My question refers to the transport of the towel which Costa offers and personal things from the cabin to the pool and back. 

You had specifically said bath towel and it was your first cruise, and I have known people going on their first cruise who though they needed to pack beach towels.  That's why I said that.

• Like 1

I didn't want to offend you - I was pointing out that either way I would need a bag big enough to transport a towel, so a small bag which I could also use in the evenings would not be enough. And I AM gratefull that you confirmed that the Loki bag is a goid idea.