Be considerate!

cole'snana

3 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Just a little tip, for those that that plan to imbibe more on your vacation.

Train ahead of time so it's not such a shock to your system.

LOL-- There was a guy on our recent cruise ( Equinox ) that could have used your " coaching ".

He set a new record for being the " Drunkest in the shortest time on board " !!

He was also " recognized " for his bravado in challenging folks 25+ yrs older than him to fist fights.

His judgment ( very poor ) in using verbal abuse towards the same folks did not prove anything since most of the older folks wore hearing aids.

Apparently, The Captain ( don't know his name ) "ordered " Complimentary packing of his luggage and sent him a " Good bye " letter. 

Being a nice man, the Captain ( don't know his name ) arranged " priority disembarkation " at the first port even though the guy was not staying in a suite.

LOL-- He's probably suing Celebrity for " Wrongful Dismissal ". 

• Haha 4

I am very willing to ask people, nicely, to keep the noise down. I hope our neighbors would do the same thing. Sometimes, you don't know you are being loud, especially if the walls are thin and your ears are plugged up from traveling. Also, sometimes kids are alone in cabins and are noisy, either by themselves or with friends. If you aren't in the cabin, as the parent, you just don't know. This really should only apply to older kids. If you don't know you are being rude, it's hard to correct the situation. Of course, some people don't care and will just be rude. Also, different cultures have different views on what's rude.

19 hours ago, cole'snana said:

Just back from a cruise in Summit! Enjoyed everything about the ship. However, please be considerate of your neighboring cabins. Our neighbors keep their TV at a loud volume until 2:00 AM, after the 2nd night of this, I knocked on their door at 1:30 AM and asked if they could turn the volume down. They did, but even with it lowered, they had it on every night until very late hours and we could hear it, even with ear plugs in, and it made it difficult to sleep.

Ive had same but different.

This guy had a balcony as a second, while sitting in GS with his friend.

Every time he left his room, TV was set to max....and left for whole night, or even 2 days....

Edited by MarkusToe
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, soniam said:

I am very willing to ask people, nicely, to keep the noise down. I hope our neighbors would do the same thing. Sometimes, you don't know you are being loud, especially if the walls are thin and your ears are plugged up from traveling. Also, sometimes kids are alone in cabins and are noisy, either by themselves or with friends. If you aren't in the cabin, as the parent, you just don't know. This really should only apply to older kids. If you don't know you are being rude, it's hard to correct the situation. Of course, some people don't care and will just be rude. Also, different cultures have different views on what's rude.

Are there some cultures where screaming, crying children are considered ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

What we have noticed the last year or two - little consideration of others. Sad. we were taught to think of others

Probably the same type of people who recline their airplane seat so far that you could give them a shampoo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mpk said:

Probably the same type of people who recline their airplane seat so far that you could give them a shampoo!

Yes.  From now on I expect to find two empty chairs at the pool when I go there.  Anything else is being inconsiderate to me.

47 minutes ago, soniam said:

This is the thing I don't get.   Cruise cabins, in my former road warrior opinion, are extremely sound proofed.  It takes a television cranked up to 11 to be heard next door...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mpk said:

This is the thing I don't get.   Cruise cabins, in my former road warrior opinion, are extremely sound proofed.  It takes a television cranked up to 11 to be heard next door...

Maybe they are cranked up to 13?  How high do they go on this scale?

11 hours ago, hcat said:

We had what we thought would be a nice  peaceful SV  for 2 on EDGE. 

Unfortunately, our next door neighbors  used their cabin and outdoor balc as party central for a large group of pals from morning into the night ..think frat boy fun!   For them  not us..  We used our balc  ONLY went they left for meals and replenishment of alcohol!

Is that even allowed? Pretty sure you have have that "party" dissolved and people who aren't official stateroom occupants removed.

35 minutes ago, mpk said:

Definitely not on the Solstice because I had the same experience last month.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are there some cultures where screaming, crying children are considered ok?

Not to my knowledge, but I do have friends from other cultures that would disapprovingly say this is the case for their culture.

1 hour ago, soniam said:

Not to my knowledge, but I do have friends from other cultures that would disapprovingly say this is the case for their culture.

It’s like the people who like using Bluetooth speakers at the beach but they don’t want anyone else doing the same.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes - like I said, I try to be quiet early in the morning. UNLESS my neighbors have not had that same consideration at night and woke me up. (I'll have a drink or two, but not to the point of being drunk because that is obnoxious and I don't like the feeling then - OR in the morning.)

But consider that if you’re letting your door slam in retribution you are also disturbing your neighbors on the other side, right? And across the hall if there are cabins there. 

• Like 3

We had a problem on our last cruise on the Millie with neighbors who smoked on the balcony. I would go out to find cigarette butts that had rolled over to our side . And the tobacco smell was nauseating. I thought of putting it on the steward or security but figured I'm a big girl and taught college for 30+ years,  I'm gonna deal with it myself. When someone lit up, I leaned over and said you know every time you light up there's a cloud of smoke that comes over and I've been finding ash and butts on my balcony. Never smelled smoke again. If he fought with me I would have reported it. Did he think I was a witch? Probably. Do I care at this point in my life? Nope. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

We had a problem on our last cruise on the Millie with neighbors who smoked on the balcony. I would go out to find cigarette butts that had rolled over to our side . And the tobacco smell was nauseating. I thought of putting it on the steward or security but figured I'm a big girl and taught college for 30+ years,  I'm gonna deal with it myself. When someone lit up, I leaned over and said you know every time you light up there's a cloud of smoke that comes over and I've been finding ash and butts on my balcony. Never smelled smoke again. If he fought with me I would have reported it. Did he think I was a witch? Probably. Do I care at this point in my life? Nope. 

Glad it worked out for you. BTW, my son just got his masters in teaching and will start teaching English to 7th & 8th graders this September.

16 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Glad it worked out for you. BTW, my son just got his masters in teaching and will start teaching English to 7th & 8th graders this September.

I loved teaching teachers. He's a brave man taking on that age group!

• Like 2

Here's one of my favorite (and true) cruise stories:

In 2004 we took a RC cruise to the Caribbean in late August.  I've referred to it  before as "the vacation from hell" because of all the various issues that occurred.

The couple in the next room appeared to be honeymooners and never left their cabin. We knew  what they were doing since we could hear everything that happened in their cabin. We ignored it since we knew they weren't aware of the problem and didn't want to embarrass them.

Three days into the cruise,  they cancelled the rest of the cruise and  headed back to port because of Hurricane Frances.  I had brought a couple of boxes of wine on the cruise and we decided to finish off what we could that last night.  I don't think we were very noisy but the neighbors clearly did. About 10:30, man next door pounded on our door and demanded that we be quiet! My husband (in one of his finer moments) looked the kid in the eye and said "And you don't think we've heard you every night, quick shot Charlie! And now I'm done talking to you!" and slammed the door. It took almost a full minute before we heard his door quietly open and then close. We never heard them again.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Here's one of my favorite (and true) cruise stories:

In 2004 we took a RC cruise to the Caribbean in late August.  I've referred to it  before as "the vacation from hell" because of all the various issues that occurred.

The couple in the next room appeared to be honeymooners and never left their cabin. We knew  what they were doing since we could hear everything that happened in their cabin. We ignored it since we knew they weren't aware of the problem and didn't want to embarrass them.

Three days into the cruise,  they cancelled the rest of the cruise and  headed back to port because of Hurricane Frances.  I had brought a couple of boxes of wine on the cruise and we decided to finish off what we could that last night.  I don't think we were very noisy but the neighbors clearly did. About 10:30, man next door pounded on our door and demanded that we be quiet! My husband (in one of his finer moments) looked the kid in the eye and said "And you don't think we've heard you every night, quick shot Charlie! And now I'm done talking to you!" and slammed the door. It took almost a full minute before we heard his door quietly open and then close. We never heard them again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!