Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

1 hour ago, OysterD said:

Wasn't it about this time last year they had the sale on removing the single supplement for most if not all cruises? Maybe a repeat of that? 

Personally I've zero interest in any plans to have a private resort stop in the Caribbean. Little to no interest in cruising the Caribbean anyway and would honestly prefer they didn't have most of their ships there over the winter. 

I see you are in the UK.  Where would you think that most of the ships should be in the winter or at least where else do you think they could fill ships in the winter?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yep they just closed out most all the Reflection itineraries…

IMG_4304.jpeg.f25ec9b63f59e15c7ff96dfbf00659c6.jpeg

I'm doing a B2B in Aug-Sep '24 book earlier this month.  My reservation remains but sailings  in those months show as "sold out."

Don't think they'd do that for a change of a port.  Maybe change of vessel? Full change of itinerary?

Que Sera, sera.

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In the previous thread about it, folks weren't interesting in stopping there.  Its a safe bet that on the X sailings that will stop in CoCo Cay, the kid count just went way up

And kids running around the hallways at 2 AM...

• Like 3

MEYER WERFT!

My brother has worked there for many years and I find this speculation about private island, RCL, blah, blah, blah, fascinating.

Every Edge Class ship is going to this shipyard over the next few years to get the infinite balconies redesigned.

Celebrity have a massive campaign ready and are putting the customers’ views to the forefront. Refreshing to tell us that, as a company, we got it wrong but will right the wrong!

Common sense at last.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Check out the ads.  Can you find anyone over 40 years old in any of the photos at CocoCay?  

We are not in the ad, but we are, have been there, and enjoy it. You don’t have to spend a single penny more if you don’t want to. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Reportedly you can find it on some ships at the Cafe.  It was not the case on the Beyond last month, though

Hello,

It, or more likely a cheap substitute, was on Silhouette earlier this month.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Check out the ads.  Can you find anyone over 40 years old in any of the photos at CocoCay?  

Looks like it is inhabited by stick insects…no one over 40 years old and no one weighing more than 120lb…

• Haha 5

Someone will undoubtedly analyze this closer than me, but looks like the cruises start in May 2024 when typically there wouldn't be as much activity in the Caribbean due to heat, humidity, rain, and hurricanes.

So, while CocoCay is a great substitute for Key West or Nassau (my take on how the itineraries vary from the usual combinations), how's the weather going to impact these bookings and enjoyment? 

Are Celebrity's current Caribbean sailings for Summer 2023 sold out, and is there another ~6k people (at full occupancy) roughly every other week that desire to travel in the Caribbean that time of year?  

1 hour ago, Cap_D said:

Someone will undoubtedly analyze this closer than me, but looks like the cruises start in May 2024 when typically there wouldn't be as much activity in the Caribbean due to heat, humidity, rain, and hurricanes.

So, while CocoCay is a great substitute for Key West or Nassau (my take on how the itineraries vary from the usual combinations), how's the weather going to impact these bookings and enjoyment? 

Are Celebrity's current Caribbean sailings for Summer 2023 sold out, and is there another ~6k people (at full occupancy) roughly every other week that desire to travel in the Caribbean that time of year?  

Only the Equinox is in the Caribbean in the summer of 2023. Reflection was already scheduled to be there for summer 2024, replacing Equinox. So, Beyond is the addition so they need to find about 3K people roughly every week ( looks like it’s doing 6day / 8day itineraries). 

Right now, the prices look typical, not very low. Maybe if initial bookings lag, they will come down.

Now, if Beyond was sailing from PC……..

But for now I am awaiting my email cancelling my 11/1/2024 TA on Beyond 😞😞😞

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, swjumbo said:

MEYER WERFT!

My brother has worked there for many years and I find this speculation about private island, RCL, blah, blah, blah, fascinating.

Every Edge Class ship is going to this shipyard over the next few years to get the infinite balconies redesigned.

Celebrity have a massive campaign ready and are putting the customers’ views to the forefront. Refreshing to tell us that, as a company, we got it wrong but will right the wrong!

Common sense at last.

Huh? What?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Well done @Honolulu Blue!  Perhaps you helped convince X that visiting could be possible

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is that the new CEO is having influence of getting RCL items over to X which is probably a mixed bag on average but I think it's a good idea

Thanks, but I'm sure I don't wield that much influence.  But the new boss DOES and could very well have put in a few choice words to Mr. Liberty to make this happen.

My reaction is... whatever.  I've only been to one private destination island in the Bahamas - Princess Cays.  Since I'm not much of a beach or watersports person, and that's pretty much all that PC offers, I thought it was OK - but no more than that.  I know that PD@CC offers more, but I'm not rushing to get there.

But there's clearly an audience at X that will enjoy the stop. Have fun!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Sorry to spill the beans early. Confirmed that Beyond and Reflection will be visiting Perfect Day at CocoCay

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ports/cococay

The cruises are for those that sail 3/4 night sailings from May to November - beats going to Nassau.  There's one 6 and one 7 night sailing so far on the list on the Beyond.

15 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

The cruises are for those that sail 3/4 night sailings from May to November - beats going to Nassau.  There's one 6 and one 7 night sailing so far on the list on the Beyond.

The entire Beyond summer 2024 season is on the TA website. Alternating 6 and 8 day cruises. The 6 day ones stop at CoCoCay. The 8 day ones do the ABC islands. One 7 day itinerary mid May. 

IMG_4110.png

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1