Specialty Dining Booking on Embarkation

We're sailing this Sunday on Symphony. We have a dining package and I think the App said dining times can be booked using it once on board. But I read from prior CC posts that we need to make beeline for a specialty restaurant on boarding to make and change Specialty Dining times. We don't want to do Specialty dining on Day 1 which is what RCCL assigned us as default so need to change that ASAP. Please advise!

Just go to any restaurant as soon as you board and make all your reservations for the week. Wonderland and Izumi tend to have shorter lines as most folks seem to head straight to Chops, 150 or Jamie’s.

The earlier you do it, the better the availability. Best to go prepared with a Plan B (and C) just in case your preferred times are full. But as long as you’re flexible you should be fine.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ddame said:

Thanks. It's my understanding ANY specialty restaurant can make and change reservations for us regardless of which ones we want to done at?

The only exception is for Izumi Hibachi.  To make a reservation for the hibachi, you must go to Izumi.  They do not control the hibachi reservations anywhere else.