Getaway card playing

ronheg

11 minutes ago, ronheg said:

I notice that there’s no observation lounge on the Getaway.  That was our go to place to play cards.  Assuming the card room is full, what’s an alternative spot?

We played in the Atrium, off to the side by the internet cafe. There's also a library/card room just down the hall from the above-named spot. Also, we set up shop in the Starbucks area which is just behind the internet cafe...so, I suppose my answer is on the starboard side of the Atrium. 

Deck 6:

image.png.df48025e19cdbe2330bf94e9f8b112e0.png

NCL is one of the least card player friendly lines that we’ve sailed, it’s really hard to find good height, larger then an end table size tables to play at. We ended up playing at tables in the Sunset Bar on the Getaway. It had the larger tables that we needed for our rummy game and a bar waiter was always close at hand. 😏

On transatlantic cruises, NCL provides a bridge instructor and game director (usually a married couple).  They offer a beginner lesson, an intermediate lesson and a two-hour game each sea day.  These are usually held in an empty specialty restaurant.  In my experience, attendance runs about 50 per event.  Great way to pass the time, learn (or improve) a new skill and meet other passengers.  No charge for these activities.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Twolittleboys said:

Pretty sure I saw some people playing games (not sure if cards) along the waterfront during the day, at the restaurant tables.

We tried that but about half the time it was too windy and the cards would blow around.

21 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

On transatlantic cruises, NCL provides a bridge instructor and game director (usually a married couple).  They offer a beginner lesson, an intermediate lesson and a two-hour game each sea day.  These are usually held in an empty specialty restaurant.  In my experience, attendance runs about 50 per event.  Great way to pass the time, learn (or improve) a new skill and meet other passengers.  No charge for these activities.

Could commandeer a table in the buffet off-hours for food service.

22 hours ago, Twolittleboys said:

Pretty sure I saw some people playing games (not sure if cards) along the waterfront during the day, at the restaurant tables.

On my cruise on the Escape they had board games at Le Bistro at least one sea day, this might have been that...

24 minutes ago, hallux said:

Could commandeer a table in the buffet off-hours for food service.

On my cruise on the Escape they had board games at Le Bistro at least one sea day, this might have been that...

Possible? I saw people playing games out there (didn't really look organized) but wasn't paying much attention. Quite possibly it wasn't cards but Rummicube or similar. 

1 hour ago, Twolittleboys said:

Possible? I saw people playing games out there (didn't really look organized) but wasn't paying much attention. Quite possibly it wasn't cards but Rummicube or similar. 

It's not really 'organized', they have a table of games to pick from, you grab one and play.  There may be a staff member nearby, but they're not really leading anything.

7 minutes ago, hallux said:

It's not really 'organized', they have a table of games to pick from, you grab one and play.  There may be a staff member nearby, but they're not really leading anything.

Poster was asking if “they really do” organized bridge lessons and games on transatlantic sea days and the answer is yes.

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

Poster was asking if “they really do” organized bridge lessons and games on transatlantic sea days and the answer is yes.

The person I replied to was replying to something I posted...