Pinnacle Grill Questions

motravelerken

1 minute ago, lissie said:

I'm a bacon addict (real bacon not the streaky crunchy stuffs Americans love) and I'm a sugar addict - but I gotta say the concept of candied bacon has zero appeal to me. I may try it for the cultural experience. 

Sweet and savoury just don’t belong together (at least to me).  I bet the peeps that like the candied bacon like pineapple on a pizza.  That’s just wrong too.  Pineapple good, pizza good, together 🤢🤮.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Sweet and savoury just don’t belong together (at least to me).  I bet the peeps that like the candied bacon like pineapple on a pizza.  That’s just wrong too.  Pineapple good, pizza good, together 🤢🤮.

Agree. I've never seen pizza in Italy with pineapple. They just don't do that in Sicily. It's an American custom to put pineapple on a ham but that just is sickening too. 😫 Not to mention the latest fad of bacon on and in everything. And I  am quite certain there is someone to dispute this...stay tuned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Nope, not all of us 🧐 I love the PG candied bacon, but wouldn't dream of putting pineapple on a pizza. That is wrong, just wrong. 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, albingirl said:

Agree. I've never seen pizza in Italy with pineapple. They just don't do that in Sicily. It's an American custom to put pineapple on a ham but that just is sickening too. 😫 Not to mention the latest fad of bacon on and in everything. And I  am quite certain there is someone to dispute this...stay tuned.

I may want to OD on PG candied bacon (or at least whatever amount $8.26 gets me), but no, I do not want bacon on everything - no bacon milkshakes for me. And while I enjoy a nice donut with breakfast along with a double side of bacon, I do not want said bacon on said donut, ugh and ugh. 🙄

Let the voting begin... 🙄

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

I haven’t had the clothesline bacon yet but I expect that I will like it. I always loved when my bacon got some of my pancake maple syrup on it. However, in the pictures it looks like it is served with a lemon wedge. Do people squeeze lemon juice on it?

Put me down as one who loves pineapple on my pizza. I was introduced to it by a friend from Australia in the late 1970s. But I believe it was originally from Canada. 

I’m a big fan of the sweet/salty or sweet/savory flavor combo. Maple syrup + bacon. Pineapple on my pizza, yum. Chocolate covered pretzels or peanuts. Salt on watermelon. Cheddar cheese on apple pie. (My Wisconsinite grandparents used to say “A pie without the cheese is like a hug without the squeeze.”) Wendy’s french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty. All delicious!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bajae said:

I haven’t had the clothesline bacon yet but I expect that I will like it. I always loved when my bacon got some of my pancake maple syrup on it. However, in the pictures it looks like it is served with a lemon wedge. Do people squeeze lemon juice on it?

Put me down as one who loves pineapple on my pizza. I was introduced to it by a friend from Australia in the late 1970s. But I believe it was originally from Canada. 

I assume the lemon is for squeezing on it, but I don't do it. I have been known to peel a lemon and eat it like an orange (yes, I know it's bad for my teeth so I do it very infrequently, but like lemons that much), but I don't think I want it on my bacon. Maybe I'm missing out...

I don't eat the pickle, either, that it come with, but enjoy pickles as much as I do lemons.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, erdufylla said:

I’m a big fan of the sweet/salty or sweet/savory flavor combo. Maple syrup + bacon. Pineapple on my pizza, yum. Chocolate covered pretzels or peanuts. Salt on watermelon. Cheddar cheese on apple pie. (My Wisconsinite grandparents used to say “A pie without the cheese is like a hug without the squeeze.”) Wendy’s french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty. All delicious!

Sorry but… 🤮

6 hours ago, erdufylla said:

Wendy’s french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty. All delicious!

This one gets extra voms.  🤮🤮🤮

Can you tell I don’t like sweet with my savory?  😂

• Haha 1

Can we talk about how the Caesar salad has changed?  I was so disappointed in the bit of big lettuce pieces with a smidgeon of dressing drizzled over the top and huge tasteless croutons.  I can't see how anyone would think that it was okay to charge extra for that.   We love the lobster bisque so had decided to split a salad as an add on.

3 minutes ago, ldog said:

Can we talk about how the Caesar salad has changed?  I was so disappointed in the bit of big lettuce pieces with a smidgeon of dressing drizzled over the top and huge tasteless croutons.  I can't see how anyone would think that it was okay to charge extra for that.   We love the lobster bisque so had decided to split a salad as an add on.

Wow.  That is so different from the MDR Caesar salad!  And not in a good way.

6 minutes ago, ldog said:

I skip the Caesar get the iceberg wedge with thousand island. It is definitely large enough to share.

And, of course, has bacon crumbles 🤭

12 hours ago, albingirl said:

It's an American custom to put pineapple on a ham but that just is sickening too.

The first time I ever had a pineapple and ham pizza was while we were living in Australia. But, Wikipedia said that it started in Ontario by a Greek-born Canadian. 🙃

On 7/5/2023 at 8:48 AM, Haljo1935 said:

I don't understand chicken and waffles.

18 minutes ago, electro said:

I always say that! I just don't get it!

As they say about Reese's cups:  two great tastes that taste great together. 

And then add potato chips into the mix:

image.png.d5ec267419624d56d01460aaa2287cc8.png

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

This is next:

20230706_182543.jpg

Yeah, but that’s a good combo, savoury and savoury.  Last I heard Canada  was wining in the weird combo for chips.  I don’t eat them so I can’t speak from experience.  I just hear the odd commercial.

8 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yeah, but that’s a good combo, savoury and savoury.  Last I heard Canada  was wining in the weird combo for chips.  I don’t eat them so I can’t speak from experience.  I just hear the odd commercial.

I gotta say no to this one, too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

@Haljo1935 doesnt know what they are missing with the dill pickle chips.  I buy dill pickle pretzels on occasion.  They are yummy.

I have never heard of those, but I do love pickles.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

As they say about Reese's cups:  two great tastes that taste great together. 

And then add potato chips into the mix:

image.png.d5ec267419624d56d01460aaa2287cc8.png

Nah sorry - the US may lead the world in lots of stuff- but the Brits are all over weird crips (chip) flavours - like seriously weird - Guiness flavoured anyone? 19 Uniquely British Crisp Flavours to Try - I Heart Britain 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1