Canada Fires

BCahill315

56 minutes ago, BCahill315 said:

I am wondering if the wildfires are having any effect on the ports in St Johns and Halifax. Does anyone have any insight? Whether I go or not I am sending prayers out to our Canadian neighbors. 

We are sailing on Friday up there and be at HALIFAX on Sunday.

Interested in this information also.

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We are sailing on Friday up there and be at HALIFAX on Sunday.

Interested in this information also.

We won't be sailing until October...so would love to hear your feedback. Hopefully this will all be under control before we sail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We won't be sailing until October...so would love to hear your feedback. Hopefully this will all be under control before we sail.

According to the News, we in the Big Apple getting it tomorrow Thursday pretty bad. Chicago has it BAD today and it's marching to us. We will be sailing on the QM2 on Friday and then it's returning Saturday long gone.

But we will be in Halifax on Sunday so we will see. I don't think we will feel it on in the Ocean especially going at a pretty good clip.

But will see what we can report.

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

I am sure all those in the areas affect  are hoping it will be over sooner that Oct   especially those that lost their homes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Asked my friend who lives near Halifax  & she said they have had no new reports of fires  & AFASK  they are out

Halifax on the attached link show risk 2 low

2 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Halifax on the attached link show risk 2 low

Yes  & air quality in Toronto  that is  not near any fires is VERY  high  🤔

• Like 1

I live in Halifax.

On 5/29/2023 at 1:51 PM, RUNMOTOR said:

@jdavid WELCOME TO  THE ENCHNTED PRINCESS TRANSATLANTIC ROLL CALL

PLEASE POST YOUR CABIN NUMBER IF KNOWN TO YOU AND ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES YOU LIKE TO SHARE -- GAMES AND HOBBIES 

SPREADSHEET LINK BELOW

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OsbTlQpw6Xj1xa3lTEuUD6x999dr_HNnkTCi46vd3JE/edit#gid=0

GREETINGS AND REGARDS

JOSEF L.( RUNMOTOR )

20181105_093101.jpg

I live in Halifax. There have been no fires in Nova Scotia for weeks. Quite the opposite, it has been raining with fog for days and I don’t see any sun in the forecast for a week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jdavid said:

I live in Halifax.

I live in Halifax. There have been no fires in Nova Scotia for weeks. Quite the opposite, it has been raining with fog for days and I don’t see any sun in the forecast for a week. 

Hi jdavid,

We are heading up to you on Friday on the QM2. These were questions CC'ers were asking. I saw same weather here about Halifax. Our arrival is Sunday....

6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Hi jdavid,

We are heading up to you on Friday on the QM2. These were questions CC'ers were asking. I saw same weather here about Halifax. Our arrival is Sunday....

Yes I knew that you will be visiting. Great to have you in our city. I did a few private tours on prior visits with guests. As you know it’s a holiday weekend here and a Sunday so the city will be a quiet one. The  weather is hard to predict but it has literally rained for the past days and the next two aren’t looking better so we will keep our fingers crossed for Saturday and Sunday

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdavid said:

Yes I knew that you will be visiting. Great to have you in our city. I did a few private tours on prior visits with guests. As you know it’s a holiday weekend here and a Sunday so the city will be a quiet one. The  weather is hard to predict but it has literally rained for the past days and the next two aren’t looking better so we will keep our fingers crossed for Saturday and Sunday

jdavid,

We always look forward to visiting Halifax. Actually we just heard from on board a passenger is ill and QM2 is heading to you to take the passenger off. ? the time she will arrive. Just heard. This will make her late possibly announced the Captain coming to Brooklyn tomorrow. So we have to see how all works out.

Our thread..

But aside, we love Halifax. And was looking forward to walking and seeing the Public Gardens, Walk the Town, Maybe the Maritime M. We love lunch at Salty's our tradition. Hope we get to do this.

Are are expected to be there 8 to 8 on Sunday.

Thank you for your response...

jdavid,

We always look forward to visiting Halifax. Actually we just heard from on board a passenger is ill and QM2 is heading to you to take the passenger off. ? the time she will arrive. Just heard. This will make her late possibly announced the Captain coming to Brooklyn tomorrow. So we have to see how all works out.

Our thread..

But aside, we love Halifax. And was looking forward to walking and seeing the Public Gardens, Walk the Town, Maybe the Maritime M. We love lunch at Salty's our tradition. Hope we get to do this.

Checking the Port schedule, you are here Sunday at 8am until late. It says 23:59 which is surprising to be so late. 

jdavid,

Our thread..

So you will be in Halifax today just to drop off a passenger then to NY and back to Halifax on Sunday. It very wet and foggy here!

16 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

According to the News, we in the Big Apple getting it tomorrow Thursday pretty bad. Chicago has it BAD today and it's marching to us. We will be sailing on the QM2 on Friday and then it's returning Saturday long gone.

But we will be in Halifax on Sunday so we will see. I don't think we will feel it on in the Ocean especially going at a pretty good clip.

But will see what we can report.

Yes, the air quality in Chicago is bad. I was in the city yesterday, and you could not see the skyscrapers from 5 miles away. Today looks better, but when you go outside, it smells like you are camping (which would be great if I was). Wishing our friends to the north the best and hope there is a Canada left when we sail out of Quebec City in September.