Website Issues?

Rick&Jeannie

I am new to exploring the Celebrity website...

2 issues that I ran into:

1) Is it a known issue with the website that if you are booking on your own and select both the trip protection and the refundable deposit options (which are both on the same page) and then continue to the recap, the website "drops" your selection for trip protection?  The booking recap does not reflect the fact that you selected insurance. Then, if you click to go one step back to see those options again, it shows that trip protection is now deselected AND it has increased the cost of the insurance by almost $100.

2) I had to actually call in to book because the website would not accept my phone number.  It had the proper phone number retrieved from their database (previous cruise) but it "flagged" it as "invalid".  However...it would not let me key in anything into that field.

This would appear to be very poor programming involved.  I retired from a career in IT so things like this just drive me up the wall!  They apparently don't do any quality control testing for their code.  (A bit of a rant...apologies!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I am new to exploring the Celebrity website...

2 issues that I ran into:

1) Is it a known issue with the website that if you are booking on your own and select both the trip protection and the refundable deposit options (which are both on the same page) and then continue to the recap, the website "drops" your selection for trip protection?  The booking recap does not reflect the fact that you selected insurance. Then, if you click to go one step back to see those options again, it shows that trip protection is now deselected AND it has increased the cost of the insurance by almost $100.

\

What you may be seeing is that there are two prices for the Cruise Care Insurance.  One is for Nonrefundable and the other is for Refundable.  The price does increase for the initial quote because it is priced for Nonrefundable.  I do agree that it can be confusing the way it is presented online.  My insurance went up $70 between quotes.

3 hours ago, keesar said:

What you may be seeing is that there are two prices for the Cruise Care Insurance.  One is for Nonrefundable and the other is for Refundable.  The price does increase for the initial quote because it is priced for Nonrefundable.  I do agree that it can be confusing the way it is presented online.  My insurance went up $70 between quotes.

I'm sure you are correct on this...but my point in posting is the design of the website logic. You are initially shown the cost of the insurance based on non-refundable cruise fare. BUT, on the same page is where you select "refundable"...below the section regarding insurance. You've already selected insurance...then you select refundable fare but the price shown in that upper section has not changed. It is still showing the non-refundable rate. Plus the fact that your selection for insurance is totally ignored (and deselected) when you continue to the next page totally gives you a completely false sense of "being protected with insurance" since you *know* that you selected it on the previous page. This could spell disaster at some point in the future if you think you have insurance and you really don't. 

Very bad flow logic! The selection of refundable vs non-refundable should be made on a page *before* you deal with insurance so that the proper cost can be displayed.

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

It might be too late now, but I would book a third party insurance plan and not go through Celebrity.

You are correct.   I thought I got a very good deal on a package.  Then I thought it was too good.  The Cruise Care Insurance was not included even though I knew I had checked the box.  That could be disastrous as you mentioned.  When I did go back and made sure it was checked, the price increased.  Poor design and confusing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Website is working great for me. Just save over $400.00 on our previously booked September 2024 Edge cruise and received an additional $200.00 OBC. Wait time was ~60 minutes but well worth it. 

Just curious...did you select BOTH options...and does your invoice show insurance included?

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just curious...did you select BOTH options...and does your invoice show insurance included?

My search showed both options. I kept the booking the same as when I first booked in in March. AI, DPV and declined the insurance. 

52 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My search showed both options. I kept the booking the same as when I first booked in in March. AI, DPV and declined the insurance. 

Since you did not select the insurance you did not see the issue first-hand.

18 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Since you did not select the insurance you did not see the issue first-hand.

When you click on the refundable fare, the insurance program disappears and becomes 'unchecked'.  Then when you get to check out, your price does not include the insurance.  But you believe you have the insurance.  Not good.  

I had reserved a cruise and when I went to reprice it, I said "Wow, I am saving $600".  But the one reserved included the insurance and the re-priced one did not.