Valiant Lady Sea Terrace XL that Sleeps 3- Configuration Question

Shaded Lady

I just moved my cabin from a Sea Terrace XL on the 8th deck right above the Red Room, as I was warned numerous times that it can and will get quite noisy. My new cabin is also a Sea Terrace XL but on deck 11. They warned me that it is a cabin that sleeps 3 people... there was no upcharge but now I'm wondering why they felt they needed to 'warn' me that there's an extra bed- he told me it was just a sofa that would convert to a bed so I'm thinking it's a pretty similar configuration as the XL that sleeps 2... are any of you familiar with the layout of the XL that sleeps 3? Am I going to be unhappy with it?

5 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I just moved my cabin from a Sea Terrace XL on the 8th deck right above the Red Room, as I was warned numerous times that it can and will get quite noisy. My new cabin is also a Sea Terrace XL but on deck 11. They warned me that it is a cabin that sleeps 3 people... there was no upcharge but now I'm wondering why they felt they needed to 'warn' me that there's an extra bed- he told me it was just a sofa that would convert to a bed so I'm thinking it's a pretty similar configuration as the XL that sleeps 2... are any of you familiar with the layout of the XL that sleeps 3? Am I going to be unhappy with it?

There is almost no difference to the configuration. The sleeps three rooms have an ottoman that folds out onto the section of that sofa that is only used when the bed is in sofa mode. The ottoman cube thing means there is no armchair in the room. 

13 hours ago, jon81uk said:

There is almost no difference to the configuration. The sleeps three rooms have an ottoman that folds out onto the section of that sofa that is only used when the bed is in sofa mode. The ottoman cube thing means there is no armchair in the room. 

Thanks! After avoiding the noise of the Red Room I was starting to get nervous that the room would be unduly cramped because of the 3rd bed! Thanks for putting my mind at ease...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Incus said:

Has anyone been successful in requesting an armchair?

You’ll need to request the cabin that sleeps two. The ottoman cube takes the space up on the sleeps three rooms. But you can sit on the cube.

On 6/30/2023 at 7:26 AM, jon81uk said:

You’ll need to request the cabin that sleeps two. The ottoman cube takes the space up on the sleeps three rooms. But you can sit on the cube.

We’ve actually had a couple 3 person XLs with the armchair AND ottoman.  SUCH a waste of space!!!

• Like 1