Vibe on Joy

golf4me2010

7 hours ago, golf4me2010 said:

Anyone know the Vibe hours on Joy? Can you use on embarkation day? This is under consideration for an upcoming trip. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.

It is a wonderful way to spend an embarkation afternoon.   Just make sure you have your bathing suit in your carryon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

While people gush about it here on CC, a very small percentage of passengers will.  ever waste their money on the Vibe. And only a very small fraction of the people that waste their money will actually make good use of it. 

Your opinion, same as always.   There is a reason there was always a mad rush to obtain the passes.  And a reason NCL keeps raising the price and passengers, like myself,  are willing to pay the price. 

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Your opinion, same as always.   There is a reason there was always a mad rush to obtain the passes.  And a reason NCL keeps raising the price and passengers, like myself,  are willing to pay the price. 

YES!

• Like 4

We love the Vibe and immediately go their on embarkation day.   To us that is where we spend pretty much all day, every day of our cruise.  We're early risers so after we grab a coffee we are sometimes the first ones there.  I love to read and vacation is really the only time these days when I actually have time to. To others it may not be worth the extra money but to us it definitely is.   Love relaxing in the quiet during the day then enjoying the rest of the ship at night.   Whatever you decide, have fun

• Like 4

Vibe is NOT a waste of money. I spent everyday there and loved it. It is quiet, the loungers are comfortable and the service is great. I was extremely happy that I got Vibe passes and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Like 8

Bought the Vibe for our April Prima trip and doing it again on the Joy in September.  I do like the easy, uncrowded access to bar, loungers, and hot tub.  Thumbs down, however, on how dead it is, like a library, but wife loves it, so be it.  (C'mon NCL: put on some music, even if it's low volume...)

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While people gush about it here on CC, a very small percentage of passengers will ever waste their money on the Vibe. And only a very small fraction of the people that waste their money will actually make good use of it. 

Why are you like this?  The OP asked a specific question and it wasn't whether other people found value in the Vibe (which clearly they do).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sansroof said:

Why are you like this?  The OP asked a specific question and it wasn't whether other people found value in the Vibe (which clearly they do).

Thanks ! Don't bother and waste your energy I just ignored. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Your opinion, same as always.  

It never ceases to amaze me how a poster can sometimes be extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and then out of nowhere spew completely inaccurate and nonsensical information. What's up with that?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, mafig said:

How much $ is Vibe?  Say on a 7 day cruise?

Vibe on the Joy was $229 on our cruise this past March.  You need to book it early online if it is a high-season cruise.  It was sold out on our cruise and our one friend forgot to book...she couldn't get a pass on board.

Vibe on Getaway at the end of this month is $269 for the 9-day cruise.  Varies by time, ship, and itinerary a bit.

Edited by JandC_Cruising

4 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Vibe on the Joy was $229 on our cruise this past March.  You need to book it early online if it is a high-season cruise.  It was sold out on our cruise and our one friend forgot to book...she couldn't get a pass on board.

Vibe on Getaway at the end of this month is $269 for the 9-day cruise.  Varies by time, ship, and itinerary a bit.

I believe it is now $249 for a 7 day.    When we reserved our passes last July for our June 2024 Joy sailing, they were $229.   Last month I added another cabin to our group sailing and the new price for the passes were $249.     But it does fluctuate as you said.

14 hours ago, RB9643 said:

It never ceases to amaze me how a poster can sometimes be extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and then out of nowhere spew completely inaccurate and nonsensical information. What's up with that?

Agree.   This poster has continually been anti-Vibe.

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Is that per person or per stateroom?

Is there a way to see if Vibe passes are available before you book?  We are looking at a cruise that's only a month away.  Haven is sold out.  I recall reading here about "Haven Light" which includes booking Vibe.....however I think chances are that it would be sold out for our cruise.  What do you think"

@mafig that is per person, the Vibe is available under the entertainment section of the app or on the website. If it is available then you would be able to book it through there. If it says unavailable to book then it is sold out. 

I haven’t found a way to see if the Vibe passes are available before you book a cruise though, unless you asked someone in the roll call for that sailing to check for you or called NCL to ask.

Edited by BlushPell

40 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is there a way to see if Vibe passes are available before you book?  We are looking at a cruise that's only a month away.  Haven is sold out.  I recall reading here about "Haven Light" which includes booking Vibe.....however I think chances are that it would be sold out for our cruise.  What do you think"

Per person cost.

I think you're SOL on getting Vibe for next month.  I haven't figured out either how to see if they're available prior to booking.  Like @BlushPell said, you'll likely need to call and book with an agent.  Also, perhaps you can scan the Cruise Critic roll call board for that sailing and see if it's mentioned as being sold-out.

All that said, there's the crazy chance that you can get passes PERHAPS if someone cancels....but you wouldn't know that unless you booked...and then looked online every day or once onboard, ran to the desk to see if there's a slot open.*

(*I've mentioned in my Prima review from April that upon boarding we witnessed some guy who was foaming at the mouth angry at the Guest Services desk that he couldn't get a Vibe pass {"do you know who I am?" kind of rant}....then, of course, we saw him later that day in the Vibe.  The Vibe is routinely dead and empty.  In my opinion, they could/should reserve X number of slots just for folks like you who are late bookings or learn about it too late to book online).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mafig said:

As mentioned, it is per person. 

Also as @golf4me2010suggests, you could ask on the roll call.  Or, you could call NCL directly to do the booking and while doing that, ask them to check for you.  If it is available, they should be able to immediately add it to your booking and then take the full payment (cruise and additions) all at once.

1 minute ago, JandC_Cruising said:

As mentioned, it is per person. 

Also as @golf4me2010suggests, you could ask on the roll call.  Or, you could call NCL directly to do the booking and while doing that, ask them to check for you.  If it is available, they should be able to immediately add it to your booking and then take the full payment (cruise and additions) all at once.

We wanted to know if available before booking, only way is to ask someone that already booked.

even after final payment you have 24 hr to cancel 

30 minutes ago, Susandt said:

We wanted to know if available before booking, only way is to ask someone that already booked.

even after final payment you have 24 hr to cancel 

I guess I wasn't as clear as I could have been.  (more common for me than I would hope 🤣)

I believe if you call NCL to BOOK YOUR CRUISE, they can check the status of the Vibe at that moment as well.  They can add the Vibe to the booking and then, since it is inside 120Days, will have you pay the full cruise price + the Vibe.  

If they tell you the Vibe is fully booked, you just say, "thank you...no need to book the cruise then"