QM2 change of course .

Millieloulou

3 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Slowly, very slowly lifting at 630 AST

Still Departing 9PM AST

20230702_183144.jpg

Oh good. It sounds like they extended your stay an hour to make up for the hour late arrival this morning. At least the itineraries I have indicated a scheduled 8:00am arrival and 8:00pm departure. But then maybe the plan was for a 9:00am to 9:00pm call all along.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Oh good. It sounds like they extended your stay an hour to make up for the hour late arrival this morning. At least the itineraries I have indicated a scheduled 8:00am arrival and 8:00pm departure. But then maybe the plan was for a 9:00am to 9:00pm call all along.

Many sites showed 8 to 8.....

On 7/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, techteach said:

@Austcruiser84 I think everyone understood the reason for the delay. It was the way it was handled by the port. A lady got out of line to go to the bathroom, when she returned a lady controlling the in and out screamed at her to stop and physically touched her. There were no chairs for elderly people to sit down as they stood in line for four hours. There was no water. There were 2 security scanners and many times only one was working. The other problem was people showing up at the wrong time and nothing being done about it. We are QG and the dining was officially closed at 10:30 when we finally boarded, Osman took pity on me and I ate a very quick dinner to get out of their hair. Half of the people were still not onboard. Why weren’t all restaurants open until everyone was on board? Why were muster stations closed long before everyone was on board?

It’s a wonder they didn’t have medical emergencies from the situation.  Some people simply can’t stand in line for hours.  

On 7/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, DrTee said:

It’s a wonder they didn’t have medical emergencies from the situation.  Some people simply can’t stand in line for hours.  

I was there and I remember someone threw up and I was told that someone fainted.  Can't confirm either.  

On 7/2/2023 at 8:58 PM, DrTee said:

That's one reason Mrs Bear brings her 'rollator' so she always has a place to sit down.

Back in 2017 she got a steroid shot into her knee, and the relief lasted a few weeks - ending with standing around the terminal for hours waiting to board. In 2019 [with a new knee] and again last year the rollator also made the transatlantic round trip.

• Like 1

QM2 has had a rough time over last few months: funnel repairs, canceled TA’s, medical emergency to Halifax, delayed cruise/debarkation/embarkation, and now this bad news out of Halifax. 

1 hour ago, NE John said:

QM2 has had a rough time over last few months: funnel repairs, canceled TA’s, medical emergency to Halifax, delayed cruise/debarkation/embarkation, and now this bad news out of Halifax.

John,

So So Sorry that the Crew Member on the Trip Before us passed. Everybody still felt very sorry about the Crew Member on my sailing. They are so hard worker in every part of the ship that we appreciate all they did for us. We even took picture with all BC Dining Room Staff to so remember them.

Very Very Sad to hear. May He Sleep Peace, Amen. Sympathies to the Family he was returned too!