No show 2nd passenger on embarkation day

rtn

Anyone have recent dealings with a no show passenger. Sailing in a few days and my friend cannot go. I will be sailing by myself. We got a very good fare so I will reimburse her. We both have insurance but it would not be covered. My concern/question is my fare. Could they reprice it when I arrive at the terminal. Any thoughts would be appreciated...a little stressed. TIA

Just dont say anything. Just board and smile and say  nothing about her. No reason. If they ask say she is running late, you don't know. 

After the cruise your friend will have her fees and taxes automatically refunded..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Royal got their money for the cabin.  You're generous enough to reimburse your friend. In effect, you're paying for a double fare now. Royal won't care, since it's after final payment.   

Kinda sucks though, if you were looking forward to sailing with your friend - that's the only downside here.   

Enjoy! 

I actually had this happen to me. The person I was traveling with had a death in the family. I didn’t think it wouldn’t be that big of a deal when I first went. But I do wish that I had called before and told them to remove him from the manifest. If felt like I had to tell someone new that he was not here and was not going to be here every hour for the first day. 

I get it, though. They thought he was supposed to be there for muster, they don’t want to leave people at port if they don’t have to. And probably somewhere there is someone working for Royal Caribbean whose whole job is to make sure people can’t find a way to stowaway and be an unaccounted for passenger or something. 

If the manifest isn’t set….I’d call.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Awjeez317 said:

Oh and for the fare….royal charges double rates for solo travelers anyway. So your fare would be the same. 

But if you were to sail alone, you'd get double points.  If you're going to reimburse your friend for her half of the fare, you're paying both sides ... I'd want to call and switch the booking to a Single Room and get those points.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

But if you were to sail alone, you'd get double points.  If you're going to reimburse your friend for her half of the fare, you're paying both sides ... I'd want to call and switch the booking to a Single Room and get those points.  

Another reason to call! I’ve gotten to Diamond plus really fast cause of that trip. We had a junior suite….and it ended up being solo. So i got triple points! 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Always got my Double Points for No-Shows. Had a weird one before CV where it was more expensive for a SOLO passenger then for 2 in my Cabin. This even with my SOLO 340+ points. Didn't say anything, got Fees/Port back for my make believe partner and Double Points received after Cruise.