Post COVID Embarkation Procedures

ernieb

Our 2022 cruise required us to to have up to date vaccines and boosters and a negative test before boarding. We will be on the Splendor in March 2024 and hope that all that’s behind us. Can anyone tell us what the process currently is?

Thanks 

When we embarked on Splendor on the 23rd, we were asked if we were vaccinated for COVID.  I was also asked if I was pregnant.  Since I just turned 51 three days prior to the cruise, I was rather amused by that question!

I don’t think being vaxxed was required, but they did ask.

12 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

When we embarked on Splendor on the 23rd, we were asked if we were vaccinated for COVID.  I was also asked if I was pregnant.  Since I just turned 51 three days prior to the cruise, I was rather amused by that question!

Did they ask your husband if he was pregnant??? It is a new world.

• Haha 2

Just had email from Regent. We sail in 25 days.

On one hand it says no need to prove vaccination status and on the other hand advises to have a PCR test or antigen test within 3 days of travel. Hope this helps answer your question.

The Regent Family looks forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

As you prepare for your journey, we would like to advise that this sailing welcomes all guests on board regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status and without the requirement of proof of a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

In addition, there are a number of important considerations we would like to advise you of before traveling to join the cruise.

SailSAFE Health & Safety Program

Routinely evaluated using the latest science and technology, SailSAFE™, our Health & Safety Program, creates multiple layers of protection against COVID-19 for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. You can learn more about our cleaning, sanitation and air filtration technologies used across our fleet and more at RSSC.com/HealthSafetyProtocols.

Pre-Cruise Testing & Embarkation Arrival Time

Though not required to embark the ship, for the comfort and safety of all guests and crew, Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test within 3 days of embarkation date.

Should guests require assistance finding a COVID-19 testing location prior to departing home or while traveling, please click here to visit the Test for Travel website. Additionally, we have partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide hassle-free, online testing for our guests. Please click here for more information.

Prior to embarkation, all guests will be required to complete a health and safety questionnaire.

As a reminder, to help ensure a smooth and comfortable embarkation experience, we ask that all guests adhere to their port arrival time selected during the Online Check-In process. Guests arriving outside of the designated arrival time may be requested to return during their port arrival time.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions and Local Regulations

At this time, we are not aware of any specific COVID-19 related health and safety protocols and regulations in the destinations which your cruise sails to which require action. 

Please note that travel restrictions for certain nationalities or countries may arise based on the quickly evolving public health environment and it is ultimately the responsibility of the guest to ensure they meet the entry requirements for each destination. 

If traveling internationally, the countries you are flying to and/or connecting through may have different testing and vaccination/booster stipulations, and we encourage all travelers to visit the government and airport websites of every country they will be traveling to throughout their journey to familiarize themselves with their requirements. Travelers may be denied entry to a country or denied boarding of the ship if all country-specific requirements are not met.

We also strongly urge all guests to travel with a latest generation smart phone or tablet with international calling and data turned on in the event that regulations change while you are traveling.

Face Coverings

At this time, face coverings are recommended but not required for guests on this cruise.

We will continue to update our face covering policy as protocols evolve and change as policies are subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing. Should local regulations change, guests may be required to wear face coverings with short notice.

Please note, certain airlines and in-destination venues and public transport services may implement their own policies, independent to the local jurisdiction, and we therefore recommend guests to travel with a supply of face-coverings.

Travel Insurance and On-board Medical Facilities

All guests are strongly urged to travel with comprehensive travel insurance with specific COVID-19 coverage. 

While our ships are staffed with professional medical teams and common prescription medications, anti-viralsand therapeutics, our ships do not accept medical insurance and guests must provide payment for all services, including any testing requirements for country entry or ship embarkation, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.

Isolation and Quarantine Protocols

Guests will only be tested while on board if they report symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and it is deemed a medical necessity by the ship’s doctor, unless required due to local public health requirements. In the event thata guest tests positive for COVID-19 while on board, mandatory isolation protocols must be followed per the current local health and safety regulations. Guests who are deemed to have come into close contact with another guest who has tested positive for COVID-19 while on board, may also be subject to local isolation protocols. All guests are strongly urged to travel with comprehensive travel insurance.

Post-Cruise Testing

For guests whose onward travel requires a COVID-19 test to return home, COVID-19 tests are the guest’s responsibility to arrange and pay for.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the numbers below. Our commitment is to offer you the safest and most enjoyable cruise possible — we are here to help. 

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123

• United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390

• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350

• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200

• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Please note that this email address does not accept replies.

This email was sent by: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
7665 Corporate Center Drive ~ Miami, FL, 33126, USA

Very nice, Regent CYA note!  I also like the comment about having your phone ready to use.  It is amazing, someone will be spend 25k to vacation somewhere,  but won’t turn on the international calling plan for $100 a month.  

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 6:48 PM, knotheadusc said:

We boarded Splendor in April and I was asked the same thing. I'm several years older than you and thought not only was it a stupid question but impertinent too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huggsy said:

We boarded Splendor in April and I was asked the same thing. I'm several years older than you and thought not only was it a stupid question but impertinent too. 

Well, someone asked me that in France in 2014, and it really pissed me off.  But this time, I figured it was just some kid doing what he was told he had to do.  He looked like he was all of about 19 years old!

16 minutes ago, knotheadusc said:

Well, someone asked me that in France in 2014, and it really pissed me off.  But this time, I figured it was just some kid doing what he was told he had to do.  He looked like he was all of about 19 years old!

Same here, common sense obviously didn't occur to him. Thought I'd better keep myself nice otherwise I won't be allowed to board.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huggsy said:

Same here, common sense obviously didn't occur to him. Thought I'd better keep myself nice otherwise I won't be allowed to board.

Think of it as a compliment…you look young enough to be possible 😀

4 hours ago, Huggsy said:

I am in my 60's (although I do look much younger) and have been asked if I am pregnant all the time (I am also quite thin so that is not the problem). What I find really amusing - my Mom is in her 90's and in the last six months she has been asked that question at least three times - her response is always, yes, just to see the reaction of the person asking the stupid question.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Just had email from Regent. We sail in 25 days.

On one hand it says no need to prove vaccination status and on the other hand advises to have a PCR test or antigen test within 3 days of travel. Hope this helps answer your question.

The Regent Family looks forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

As you prepare for your journey, we would like to advise that this sailing welcomes all guests on board regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status and without the requirement of proof of a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.

In addition, there are a number of important considerations we would like to advise you of before traveling to join the cruise.

SailSAFE Health & Safety Program

Routinely evaluated using the latest science and technology, SailSAFE™, our Health & Safety Program, creates multiple layers of protection against COVID-19 for our guests, crew and the communities we visit. You can learn more about our cleaning, sanitation and air filtration technologies used across our fleet and more at RSSC.com/HealthSafetyProtocols.

Pre-Cruise Testing & Embarkation Arrival Time

Though not required to embark the ship, for the comfort and safety of all guests and crew, Regent strongly encourages all guests to take a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test within 3 days of embarkation date.

Should guests require assistance finding a COVID-19 testing location prior to departing home or while traveling, please click here to visit the Test for Travel website. Additionally, we have partnered with Inspire Diagnostics to provide hassle-free, online testing for our guests. Please click here for more information.

Prior to embarkation, all guests will be required to complete a health and safety questionnaire.

As a reminder, to help ensure a smooth and comfortable embarkation experience, we ask that all guests adhere to their port arrival time selected during the Online Check-In process. Guests arriving outside of the designated arrival time may be requested to return during their port arrival time.

COVID-19 Travel Restrictions and Local Regulations

At this time, we are not aware of any specific COVID-19 related health and safety protocols and regulations in the destinations which your cruise sails to which require action. 

Please note that travel restrictions for certain nationalities or countries may arise based on the quickly evolving public health environment and it is ultimately the responsibility of the guest to ensure they meet the entry requirements for each destination. 

If traveling internationally, the countries you are flying to and/or connecting through may have different testing and vaccination/booster stipulations, and we encourage all travelers to visit the government and airport websites of every country they will be traveling to throughout their journey to familiarize themselves with their requirements. Travelers may be denied entry to a country or denied boarding of the ship if all country-specific requirements are not met.

We also strongly urge all guests to travel with a latest generation smart phone or tablet with international calling and data turned on in the event that regulations change while you are traveling.

Face Coverings

At this time, face coverings are recommended but not required for guests on this cruise.

We will continue to update our face covering policy as protocols evolve and change as policies are subject to local oversight of authorities in the jurisdiction(s) in which the ships are sailing. Should local regulations change, guests may be required to wear face coverings with short notice.

Please note, certain airlines and in-destination venues and public transport services may implement their own policies, independent to the local jurisdiction, and we therefore recommend guests to travel with a supply of face-coverings.

Travel Insurance and On-board Medical Facilities

All guests are strongly urged to travel with comprehensive travel insurance with specific COVID-19 coverage. 

While our ships are staffed with professional medical teams and common prescription medications, anti-viralsand therapeutics, our ships do not accept medical insurance and guests must provide payment for all services, including any testing requirements for country entry or ship embarkation, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.

Isolation and Quarantine Protocols

Guests will only be tested while on board if they report symptoms consistent with COVID-19, and it is deemed a medical necessity by the ship’s doctor, unless required due to local public health requirements. In the event thata guest tests positive for COVID-19 while on board, mandatory isolation protocols must be followed per the current local health and safety regulations. Guests who are deemed to have come into close contact with another guest who has tested positive for COVID-19 while on board, may also be subject to local isolation protocols. All guests are strongly urged to travel with comprehensive travel insurance.

Post-Cruise Testing

For guests whose onward travel requires a COVID-19 test to return home, COVID-19 tests are the guest’s responsibility to arrange and pay for.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us using the numbers below. Our commitment is to offer you the safest and most enjoyable cruise possible — we are here to help. 

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Reservations Phone Numbers:

• United States / Canada: 1.844.4REGENT (1.844.473.4368) or (954) 776-6123

• United Kingdom: 023 8082 1390

• Rest of Europe: +44 23 8082 1350

• Australia / New Zealand / Asia Pacific: 1.300.455.200

• Latin America / Brazil: 0800 400-3132 or +1 (954) 940-7486

Please note that this email address does not accept replies.

This email was sent by: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
7665 Corporate Center Drive ~ Miami, FL, 33126, USA

We also received this email regarding our upcoming cruise on Splendor later this month, it appears they are covering every angle. On one hand they say.

Then go on to urge everyone to take a Covid test within 3 days of embarking and recommend them to wear face coverings.

So can anyone who has sailed recently give any insight into how many people actually do still wear face coverings and take Covid tests after boarding. Also how long have we been given port arrival times, [ can not remember being given one last year, memory not what it was ] but this is irrelevant for a lot of us who have Regent transfers too the ship either from the hotel or from the airport and therefore are totally reliant on them getting us to the port at the correct/given time anyway.

On 7/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, knotheadusc said:

7 hours ago, Huggsy said:

Perhaps they were going to tag you in their database to limit your alcohol consumption onboard in case you were pregnant! 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Perhaps they were going to tag you in their database to limit your alcohol consumption onboard in case you were pregnant! 🤣

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that most cruise lines have policies against transporting pregnant passengers beyond a certain point in their pregnancies, because they don’t want them giving birth on board.  I think I read about people lying about how far along they were and either getting discovered somehow and disembarked, or actually giving birth prematurely.

But… I don’t remember being asked that question on SeaDream or Hebridean Island Cruises.  

@seasickphil We were on a cruise on Splendor at the end of May. We took along two tests with us but never used them. There were no checks carried out either, it was a Southampton to Southampton cruise.
Our boarding time was 12.00 and we arrived a few minutes early but the process started straight away and was quite smooth if somewhat busy. We always have to arrive a day early in case there is fog or aircraft gone tech so overnight in hotel.

Very few people wore masks and personally I don’t see the point if you have to take it off to eat or drink (unless you’re vulnerable obviously). I would say hand hygiene was better than on previous cruise which was a bonus. 
I don’t think a test after boarding was required and I don’t see why you should want to unless you’re ill. It was a very full ship but you hardly noticed the number of passengers on board. 

• Thanks 1

Boarded Splendor on June 30th. Check-in person did ask a bunch of proforma health questions and typed answers into hand-held device (replaces the old paper questionaire). Did ask 8o-ish DW if she was pregnant! No one asked to see Regent Boarding Passes!.

I have observed that very few passengers are using the hand disinfectant stations and no one is using the hand washing station in La Veranda.

Sounds like people are getting worked up over nothing.  Health questions are standard (and have been for years) for pre-boarding most cruise ships, just answer the questions.  Asking if a woman is pregnant is like asking if someone, clearly over 21, for an ID to buy alcohol.  It's just a rule that is put in place and to avoid any question of discrimination ("why didn't SHE get asked that question?") they simply ask EVERY woman.  

Covid is here to stay.  If you're going to cruise it's you're going to be asked about Covid, it'll be recommended you mask, and recommended you test before cruising.  All this is to protect the cruise line if you get Covid and decide to sue.  So... is it worth all the angst people seem to be expressing?  Nope...it's just the "new" Norovirus. 

• Haha 1