Bar soap

arzz

It amuses me the amount of interest there is in the return of a bar of high-end soap, considering all the complaints about corporate-driven cutbacks and declining quality of food and wines compared to "the old days*.

(*Define "old days" as the original Seabourn ships back in the late 1980s or the week before Covid shut the world down in 2020, however you see fit! 😉)

Is this really something most longtime Seabourn customers truly care about seeing upgraded? I'd like to see slightly better-quality included wines, less-packed excursion buses, more live musicians rather than a DJ, the return of the original breadsticks and grandma's cake and perhaps fluffier towels! (That's partly tongue-in-cheek, partly serious, if it doesn't come accross in text.)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

It amuses me the amount of interest there is in the return of a bar of high-end soap, considering all the complaints about corporate-driven cutbacks and declining quality of food and wines compared to "the old days*.

(*Define "old days" as the original Seabourn ships back in the late 1980s or the week before Covid shut the world down in 2020, however you see fit! 😉)

Is this really something most longtime Seabourn customers truly care about seeing upgraded? I'd like to see slightly better-quality included wines, less-packed excursion buses, more live musicians rather than a DJ, the return of the original breadsticks and grandma's cake and perhaps fluffier towels! (That's partly tongue-in-cheek, partly serious, if it doesn't come accross in text.)

I agree with you on everything here.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nancygp said:

Where you given a timeframe for the new soap offerings?

Nancy

no we weren't given a Time Frame, but when we were told they had already been approved, I would have expected it not to have taken too long. We were told at the same time, that the Herald had also been approved to be back in print, and the Room Service new Menu had also been approved.....I haven't really heard if either of those things have been introduced yet.....the fluffy bath mats was another, and I have heard they are starting to make an appearance on the ships. Hopefully all will be taken care of ASAP.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 2seabournsailors said:

no we weren't given a Time Frame, but when we were told they had already been approved, I would have expected it not to have taken too long. We were told at the same time, that the Herald had also been approved to be back in print, and the Room Service new Menu had also been approved.....I haven't really heard if either of those things have been introduced yet.....the fluffy bath mats was another, and I have heard they are starting to make an appearance on the ships. Hopefully all will be taken care of ASAP.

The Herald is back in print and we had a fluffy bath mat.  I have to say that I found the Seabourn Ap easy to use.  But, I did notice, that no one is asked to show their "ticket" on the Ap for excursions.  Instead, they have a list of names with suite numbers and check you off the list.  

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

Is this really something most longtime Seabourn customers truly care about seeing upgraded? I'd like to see slightly better-quality included wines, less-packed excursion buses, more live musicians rather than a DJ, the return of the original breadsticks and grandma's cake and perhaps fluffier towels!

For some (me at least) the soaps were part of making the first voyage so special from the get-go; and on returning to Seabourn it always brought back a bit of that first-time feeling.  While a small matter, when it disappeared it symbolized things going downhill just as much as food or beverage declines (maybe more because it really is a small gesture); seeing it return will give me hope that the other (more important) issues you highlighted will also be dealt with.  I would happily trade better included wines for the soap selection, but why not both?  

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SLSD said:

The Herald is back in print and we had a fluffy bath mat.  I have to say that I found the Seabourn Ap easy to use.  But, I did notice, that no one is asked to show their "ticket" on the Ap for excursions.  Instead, they have a list of names with suite numbers and check you off the list.  

No problem getting the herald in print  and fluffy bath mats on my last 3 seabourn cruises…starting last august…I did make theses requests on day one with our suite host.  The only time we didn’t have a fluffy bath mat was the first or second day on our ovation cruise but that changed.  Had the same experience with the shorex tickets on the soiurce app.  

Nancy

29 minutes ago, 2seabournsailors said:

the Room Service new Menu had also been approved.....I haven't really heard if either of those things have been introduced yet.....

Lorraine,

this is from a press release from carnival cruise corporation:

SEABOURN DEBUTS ELEVATED IN-SUITE DINING MENU AND CULINARY OFFERINGS

The New 24-hour In-Suite Dining Experience will debut on Seabourn Venture June 2023 

SEATTLE, June 13, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Seabourn, the leader in ultra-luxury voyages and expedition travel, is elevating its 24-hour in-suite dining menus with an enhanced and extensive array of elegantly presented gourmet dishes, curated by the line's team of highly skilled chefs.  The new menus will debut on Seabourn Venture's June 18, 2023 voyage, and will extend to the line's fleet of intimate, yacht-like ships by October 2023. The new dining experience has been meticulously designed to bring Seabourn's signature luxury and sophistication to its in-suite menu, ensuring that each meal becomes a truly memorable occasion.  

Nancy

• Like 1

I remember the premium soaps in 2012-2013 so just a few years ago. Would much prefer if they reinstated feather pillows rather than premium soaps which I can easily pack if desired. Packing firm goose down pillows is a pain, but we did it on our last Seabourn cruise since they are no longer available through housekeeping.

3 hours ago, conchyjoe said:

I remember the premium soaps in 2012-2013 so just a few years ago. Would much prefer if they reinstated feather pillows rather than premium soaps which I can easily pack if desired. Packing firm goose down pillows is a pain, but we did it on our last Seabourn cruise since they are no longer available through housekeeping.

I didn't realize that they no longer have goose down pillows.  I think many people are allergic to down, so it is probably easier to have synthetic pillows.  The pillows on our recent cruise were perfect for us--and I loved having six of them.  

We are booked for a 43 day cruise in Feb. '24.  I would LOVE to have the soap selection available.  I too fondly remember the soap selection choice... loved the oatmeal for showers!  I am NOT a fan of shower gels... if bar soaps aren't offered, will bring that from home (takes up a whole lot less space in the luggage than pillows! 🙂

Definitely disappointed that down pillows are gone.  Given our pre- and post-cruise plans, bringing our own pillows isn't terribly feasible.

We've already figured we'd wine shop in Marlborough, NZ and bring on board...

So long as I can still get my caviar and blini, and the chef is willing to do special orders, I'll live with synthetic pillows!

• Like 1