Dining reservations

I am 75 days out from my Alaska cruise today and made dining reservations this evening.  I am pleased to report that although the website was a bit slow, it worked well and there were convenient times available for all specialty restaurants even though I am in the last group to reserve.  A good start to my first Regent cruise.  Cheers!

• Like 2

Thanks for your experience info.  Reassuring as we too will probably be in the last group to reserve.  I hope we don't get stuck with very late timeslots.  We would have to stay with MDR.  Can anyone say if we would be able to reserve while on board?  Is there ever any open slots available during the cruise?

Roxydog15:

Assuming you will be on Explorer.  We join that ship, again, in September for a cruise to Japan. 

Explorer has a special desk in the Reception area to handle Specialty Restaurant reservations.  Make an early visit to that location, particularly if you are seeking a second reservation.  Everyone gets a shot at one dinner at each venue.

People do not show up; people cancel--which is the proper thing to do. Which creates opportunities.  If all else fails, check in, in person, at that particular specialty dining front desk around the time you would like to be seated.  You may have to "share" a table with someone else.  And/or, Staff will let you know when something opens up.  In the interim, advise which cocktail lounge you will be in.  They will come and get you.  

Having to "stay in the MDR" [Compass Rose] is hardly a penance.  CR is great on all Regent ships we have been on over these past many, many years.  

GOARMY!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Roxydog15 said:

Thanks for your experience info.  Reassuring as we too will probably be in the last group to reserve.  I hope we don't get stuck with very late timeslots.  We would have to stay with MDR.  Can anyone say if we would be able to reserve while on board?  Is there ever any open slots available during the cruise?

Your chances improve if you are willing to share. 

We will be on our first Regent experience on Grandeur,  but imagine the reservation process will be the same.

And mdr would not be a burden! Just another first-world problem. That would still be great to enjoy. 

42 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

My dining booking date for a January 26 sailing is November 12. Am I in a "later" group? I had no idea there were such things.

Silver and above and concierge and above have earlier booking dates than passengers that have not reached silver status or have booked a suite class lower than concierge. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1982CruzStart said:

Silver and above and concierge and above have earlier booking dates than passengers that have not reached silver status or have booked a suite class lower than concierge. 

Thanks.

Does everyone who doesn't have the earlier dining booking advantage have the same booking date?

Just now, GMIAC said:

Thanks.

Does everyone who doesn't have the earlier dining booking advantage have the same booking date?

Yes, as far as i know.  Those in higher end named suites have access to speciality restaurants everyday while onboard so no real reason to give them even earlier access. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1982CruzStart said:

Yes, as far as i know.  Those in higher end named suites have access to speciality restaurants everyday while onboard so no real reason to give them even earlier access. 

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

Not only will the Regent Penthouse Butler be able to get you a restaurant reservation (we did all ours by the second day of sailing and made changes to a couple as we went along), but they also offered us in-suite dining from any of the restaurants whenever we wanted. 

1 minute ago, rcandkc said:

It’s quite easy. They will list the restaurants and available times.  They do not fill restaurant at 6:30..they stagger people arriving. 

Thanks. Typically, what are dining hours?