Price to upgrade beverage pkg on Simply More

katykrol

10 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

So what does the Prestige Select Beers, Wine, Spirits($94.07/day) have that makes it so much more expensive over the Presitge Package($40.33/day).   

Is there a now a limited on drinks the $40.33/day package?  Or is this the pricing for the new pricing for the simply program?

I’m a relative newbie but I think the higher price is for the Prestige package if you don’t already have the House package and the lower price is to upgrade to Prestige from House.

Oops! Guess I typed too slowly….

Edited by PSR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

So what does the Prestige Select Beers, Wine, Spirits($94.07/day) have that makes it so much more expensive over the Presitge Package($40.33/day).   

Is there a now a limited on drinks the $40.33/day package?  Or is this the pricing for the new pricing for the simply program?

You are misunderstanding the packages.  The $40.33 per day Prestige package is the cost to upgrade from the House Select, should you chose the House select as your OLife benefit, or should you buy the House Select package outright. The quoted  section says it is an Upgrade price. The $94.07  per day Prestige package is the cost if you buy it from the get-go.

If you add the the House select package to the Prestige upgrade ($53.73 pp + $40.33 per person) you find it's cost is the same at the cost of the Prestige package ($94.07), as buying House package then upgrading it to the Prestige package ($94.06...rounding issue).  The Prestige package is the same either way.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Try this

Do you have the  OLife  House select package ?

If  so  then if you want to upgrade to the Prestige it will be  $40.33 CAD or  $30 USD pd

If you do not have the  House select package   and you want the Prestige package  it is  $94 CAD per day

All are PP rates

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Try this

Do you have the  OLife  House select package ?

If  so  then if you want to upgrade to the Prestige it will be  $40.33 CAD or  $30 USD pd

If you do not have the  House select package   and you want the Prestige package  it is  $94 CAD per day

All are PP rates

Thank you so much for explaning it, I do understand english and know what the word unlimited means.

It just seemed strange and rather confusing that when I've already purchased O life select package at booking that I can then buy that same package again without being stopped or warned that I already have the select package on my booking....   

The Oceania website really lacks clarity for anyone who is already booked select and then wants to upgrade, I only know I have the select package from my original confirmation, but it doesn't appear on the site that I have select pakcage inlcuded.   I guess it would be too difficult to put some additional wording on to the site to help explain.         

1 minute ago, gentlemancruiser said:

I guess it would be too difficult to put some additional wording on to the site to help explain.         

YES   cruise line websites  are set to confuse  people  not just Oceania's

Enjoy the cruise

32 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

Thank you so much for explaning it, I do understand english and know what the word unlimited means.

It just seemed strange and rather confusing that when I've already purchased O life select package at booking that I can then buy that same package again without being stopped or warned that I already have the select package on my booking....   

The Oceania website really lacks clarity for anyone who is already booked select and then wants to upgrade, I only know I have the select package from my original confirmation, but it doesn't appear on the site that I have select pakcage inlcuded.   I guess it would be too difficult to put some additional wording on to the site to help explain.         

If you go into your account on the website, click on Booked Cruises.  To the right should be the Final Payment button. Click on this and it should bring up a sheet which should indicate which selections, etc. you have made under the Amenities section.  At least it does for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

The final payment has taken place and it doesn't allow you to click on that button.   I can only reserve shore excursions

I guess then you just have to be accountable for what selections you’ve already made 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

If you go into your account on the website, click on Booked Cruises.  To the right should be the Final Payment button. Click on this and it should bring up a sheet which should indicate which selections, etc. you have made under the Amenities section.  At least it does for me. 

Pretty sure that's only applicable for those that book directly with Oceania. I've always used a TA and never seen what you're referring to. 

57 minutes ago, ORV said:

Pretty sure that's only applicable for those that book directly with Oceania. I've always used a TA and never seen what you're referring to. 

Possibly, but pretty sure was there on cruises booked via a TA before. All you need is the booking number and cruise info and the TA would use the Oceania booking number in their paperwork also.  You have to have your account set up and then upload existing bookings.  

1 minute ago, EJL2023 said:

Possibly, but pretty sure was there on cruises booked via a TA before. All you need is the booking number and cruise info and the TA would use the Oceania booking number in their paperwork also.  You have to have your account set up and then upload existing bookings.  

I've done that, for the past 14 years, never seen what you're talking about. I've been doing this for a while. 

3 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

image.png.182ba97166ea9c809bf9a5c48d853891.png

I work though a TA.  I see the same list, including "Final Payment Made," but I have no option to make that final payment online.  It's not like the shore excursions  or guest registration which have active links. The dining reservations becomes active on the date it opens.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I work though a TA.  I see the same list, including "Final Payment Made," but I have no option to make that final payment online.  It's not like the shore excursions  or guest registration which have active links. The dining reservations becomes active on the date it opens.

Exactly. 

• Thanks 1

If you click on Manage Booking   in the example above  you can go in a round about way to the beverage package details  even after final payment

Click on OTHER OPTIONS   for the cooking classes & beverage packages

20 minutes ago, gentlemancruiser said:

so what is the price difference to upgrade the package onboard?

It's the same price before the cruise or on board however on board you can wait until after the Captains reception (free drinks) on the second night, upgrade on the third day and save $60.00.  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 8:03 PM, basor said:

From what I have read - the upgrade to prestige package remains the same as before.. This is from the "Simply More FAQ"

Can guests upgrade to a more robust Beverage Package that includes wines and spirits in addition to lunch and dinner? Guests may upgrade to the Prestige Select Beverage Package for $30 per guest, per day. This may be done in advance of sailing or once on board.

I just read on their FAQ that both people don’t have to upgrade. That works for me as my husband doesn’t drink.

1 minute ago, attackdog100 said:

I just read on their FAQ that both people don’t have to upgrade. That works for me as my husband doesn’t drink.

that  is correct

• 2 weeks later...