Grandeur of the Seas. Fourth of July in a GS in the Caribbean

50 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

What time was all aboard or departure?  Of course they had stern faces.  Your late arrival made 2000 wait and may have cost the cruise line extra fees.  

M

Cruise line excursion! Not their fault. 😛

Finally arriving in Tampa.

Some final thoughts.  This cruise I suspect had a lot of first timers and a lot of kids. Very good group of kids from what I could see around the ship.  A lot of participants in the karoke, the bellyflop contest, the shows...etc...  Saw very nice dresses at night for dinner.  Not many shorts and t shirts at night other than the WJ.  

Shows were not very interesting to us.  A juggler, comedian, 1 production show, couple of singers from what we saw.  Movies were actually shown in theater.  Top Gun, Fabelmens, 80 for Brady (???).  The ones that were a hit was the karoke and the dancing with the stripes.  Trivia was also always mobbed.

Pool area was always crowded sea days as was solarium.  We did not do either.

Finally visited diamond club.  One other couple in there.  Suite lounge never crowded as well.  Good wifi signal in both.

Wifi worked well in cabin and in both lounges.  

Loved our suite BUT I have to be honest.  The location is not good for a couple of reasons.  Right under the Windjammer and to get to suite lounge, one must go all the way down hall midship and either go up 3 flights or hope the Deck 11 elevator works which it rarely did.  We are ok with steps but I thought how annoying it would be for walkers and wheelchairs.  I wasn't a fan of staff in suite lounge as I noticed they definitely cater to the pinnacles more with interacting and offering a refill on drinks.  This brings me to another point.  I truthfully do not understand why drinks, tips and wifi are not included with all the suite classes or at least one of the above.  I know the answer but just wanted to throw the comment out there. 

Our room attendant Cris was really busy this cruise.  He was pretty attentive and thorough.

Fyi to anyone who may be a smoker and planning to visit Mexico.  Smoking and vaping are banned in public places.  

We had to meet on Deck 4 at 730 to disembark with suites and pinnacles.  A LOT of unhappy people with the line cut but I didn't care.  

FYI.  Put your big bags out the night before if suites.  They force you in the port to use elevator if more than 1 bag.  Yes, they were inconsistent.

2nd FYI if suite.  TELL them you are suite in the terminal.  There is a separate line.  Again, everyone will love you.

$10 pp for a shuttle.  Cheaper than lyft.

At TPA now at 835am.  So from 730am leaving our room, we are now at our gate waiting for our 950am flight back to Philadelphia.  Will continue to say yes it is possible to get am flights.  A lot of folks had 1230 and on flights and were worried.  Unless the airport is Anchorage from Seward or Rome from Civitavecchia, I will never understand the panic people have with mid to late morning flights.  Especially those with TSA pre check and passports.  And yes, when we were in inside and OV cabins we also booked flights around 10am.  I think our record was an 850am out of MIA.  Of course I hope people DO stick with the "safer" times as it makes my flight cheaper and less crowded.