Shareholder OBC question--odd situation...

KKB

SO I submitted my email with all the documents on June 19 for our cruise in August & one in November.

On June 22 I got my responses.

Oddly, they were worded in 2 different ways...and, of course, one has posted (Nov) & the other (Aug) has not.

The email for Nov cruise is clear, Amenity form was sent under separate email that lists the $50 OBC under each person's name & it shows on our online reservation.

(That emails simply said: "Your shareholder benefit onboard credit has been added to your reservation.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.")

The email for Aug cruise is different. Says this:

"Your shareholder benefit onboard credit has been added to your reservation as an amenity. It will show as a pending balance while it is processing. Once complete, the balance will reflect $0 and your onboard credit will show on your amenity invoice."

Amenity email looks like the other one EXCEPT, it does not list the OBC on the Amenity page, but a 2nd page that is an invoice & says "balance due"...$100.

So over a week later, OBC is still not showing on our Aug reservation.
I have emailed twice & whoever is handling it simply puts the same reply as above.

Anyone had anything odd like this happen?

Sure feels like the person who processed the August one doesn't seem to know the process...

I will call if I have to...but you never know how long that will take!

Edited by KKB

We've applied for the stockholder benefit three times.  Our latest application was just a few weeks ago for our cruise in Feb.  The latest cruise was the first ot receive the 'amenity' response.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I think NCL has just changed their response to the 'amenity' instead of an email.

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

We've applied for the stockholder benefit three times.  Our latest application was just a few weeks ago for our cruise in Feb.  The latest cruise was the first ot receive the 'amenity' response.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I think NCL has just changed their response to the 'amenity' instead of an email.

It was just odd to me that I got 2 different "ways" of doing it on the same day.

How long did it take to finally show up on your account?

7 minutes ago, KKB said:

It was just odd to me that I got 2 different "ways" of doing it on the same day.

How long did it take to finally show up on your account?

Over the past several years, I have:

• been notified AND not notified
  • OBC split between my wife and myself AND/ not split between my wife and myself
  • waited only 24hrs to appear AND waited a week to appear
  • Seen it listed as OBC in the header of my Booking AND sometimes NOT listed there.

It seems much of they way it happens changes like the phases of the moon!

That said, I do always see it within a week and it is always shown in your booking under "PURCHASED ITEMS"...again, sometimes it has been split between the two of us ($50 each, for example).  Although on our cruise in 28 days it is listed as $100 for ME!!!!!!!  Sorry honey...you can't steal my OBC to pay for your pedicure this time 🤣

36 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Although on our cruise in 28 days it is listed as $100 for ME!!!!!!!  Sorry honey...you can't steal my OBC to pay for your pedicure this time 🤣

Isn't she just going to charge it to your room and hit your OBC? 🤣

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I do not recall. A few days?

Sheesh...been over a week...the holiday won't help.

THIS is why you do it early!

5 minutes ago, KKB said:

Sheesh...been over a week...the holiday won't help.

THIS is why you do it early!

I founds some emails. 

NCL informed me on 12 Jun they  had received my shareholder request.

NCL informed me they had credited my account on 20 June.

I received the 'amenity' email also on 20 june.

My cruise is in Feb.

My next cruise is a year from Jan.

I intend to submit my request as soon as i return from the Feb cruise.

Edited by RocketMan275

43 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I founds some emails. 

NCL informed me on 12 Jun they  had received my shareholder request.

NCL informed me they had credited my account on 20 June.

I received the 'amenity' email also on 20 june.

My cruise is in Feb.

My next cruise is a year from Jan.

I intend to submit my request as soon as i return from the Feb cruise.

That pretty much is how the one for Nov cruise went...

Bizarro since submitted same day...

I'll call Weds...sigh.

FWIW - on our end, the process appeared unchanged.  

Submitted requested on July 5th to request OBC for upcoming cruise this September & promptly acknowledge within minutes (auto-replied, as usual)  ,,, including this  We appreciate your patience as we work hard to get back to you as soon as possible.  Please note, due to the high volume of inquiries, our response may take up to 7 business days.  We ask that you refrain from submitting multiple requests for the same concern, as it may cause further delays in providing you with a response.

NCL emailed back a day later ( last yesterday, July 6th ... "impressed" ) and posted the OBC - check it, been updated/added to our reservation.   When we submitted our request earlier this Spring, was "stalled" and took a follow-up email after waiting more than a week+   but, eventually came thru again. 

One attachment • Scanned by Gmail

<  Amenity Confirmation for Reservation # * * * * * * *  Guest Name:   >

P.S.  We do have another NCL cruise booked earlier for our radar, but final payment isn't due yet (unlikely to cancel or postpone it again this time since the price is a reasonable "steal" & not selling well)  - will submit that one just a click or two later.  Now that this one got processed quickly.    

I am doing a cruise with 3 other girls (I know, I know--I would have booked 2 cabins, but they wanted to share!)--I am listed as guest 3.  I got my shareholders benefit, but it was applied to guest 1 and 2!  You would think that they would assign it to the shareholder, but no.  They also automatically split it between guest 1 and 2--if a married couple, no problem, but with girlfriends, it could be.  Luckily, I'm very good friends with them!  They told me I could go to guest services once on board, but it would be tricky to switch it before sailing (plus, I didn't want to mess things up and possibly have the cruise cancelled!  LOL!)  Just thought it was really odd that they did it this way!

Quick question for those more experienced with the shareholder obc.

They split the $100 between my wife and I so it shows $50pp.

If I go over my $50, will the balance of whatever I'm doing/purchasing then come out of my wife's $50?

Is it treated as one $100 obc or is it separate?

I would imagine it's one lump sum, but I thought I'd check since it's my first experience with shareholder obc.

TIA

6 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Quick question for those more experienced with the shareholder obc.

They split the $100 between my wife and I so it shows $50pp.

If I go over my $50, will the balance of whatever I'm doing/purchasing then come out of my wife's $50?

Is it treated as one $100 obc or is it separate?

I would imagine it's one lump sum, but I thought I'd check since it's my first experience with shareholder obc.

TIA

If both accounts are secured with the same credit card, they should be merged with a single total due, then charged to the credit card.  That means that the credit would crossover from one to the other.  Basically, it's really just one big account with some separations within it.  If both are not secured with the same card, then no.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

If both accounts are secured with the same credit card, they should be merged with a single total due, then charged to the credit card.  That means that the credit would crossover from one to the other.  Basically, it's really just one big account with some separations within it.  If both are not secured with the same card, then no.

Thank you! That's what I thought.

We are 1 cabin, 1 reservation and 1 CC!

Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsahall01 said:

I am doing a cruise with 3 other girls (I know, I know--I would have booked 2 cabins, but they wanted to share!)--I am listed as guest 3.  I got my shareholders benefit, but it was applied to guest 1 and 2!  You would think that they would assign it to the shareholder, but no.  They also automatically split it between guest 1 and 2--if a married couple, no problem, but with girlfriends, it could be.  Luckily, I'm very good friends with them!  They told me I could go to guest services once on board, but it would be tricky to switch it before sailing (plus, I didn't want to mess things up and possibly have the cruise cancelled!  LOL!)  Just thought it was really odd that they did it this way!

That is odd!  I travel with a girlfriend often and they always split it between us, although I own the stock.  I’ve never traveled with more than two though.  I do think it’s weird that you didn’t credited with any of it!  I’m not sure it can be fixed prior to sailing, but it’s worth a try.  Otherwise you can just ask guests 1 and 2 for $50!

I’ve heard you can put a note in the request where you want to apply the credit.  I did that with the form I submitted this morning for a newly booked cruise.  I’ll let you know how it works out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russiamomm said:

I’ve heard you can put a note in the request where you want to apply the credit.  I did that with the form I submitted this morning for a newly booked cruise.  I’ll let you know how it works out!

Please let us know if this works out.  Not sure why you would want to specify where to apply the credit.  A credit applied anywhere reduces the fare the same amount.

4 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Please let us know if this works out.  Not sure why you would want to specify where to apply the credit.  A credit applied anywhere reduces the fare the same amount.

Will do.  But I do disagree with your analysis. This is OBC.  It doesn’t go against the cost of the cruise. It makes no difference when all the charges are to the same card, like it usually is with a married couple.  When I travel with my husband, I couldn’t care less.  But with friends traveling together with separate accounts, it does make a difference.  I own the stock.  My friend that I’m sharing a cabin with doesn’t.  Our onboard charges are handled separately,  I usually use the OBC in the duty free shops.  But now the friend gets half of my OBC, increasing what I owe at the end of the trip and reducing hers.  

like I said, we work it out amongst ourselves, nut it’s easier, cleaner and less awkward if the credit is all applied to me instead of split between us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Russiamomm said:

Will do.  But I do disagree with your analysis. This is OBC.  It doesn’t go against the cost of the cruise. It makes no difference when all the charges are to the same card, like it usually is with a married couple.  When I travel with my husband, I couldn’t care less.  But with friends traveling together with separate accounts, it does make a difference.  I own the stock.  My friend that I’m sharing a cabin with doesn’t.  Our onboard charges are handled separately,  I usually use the OBC in the duty free shops.  But now the friend gets half of my OBC, increasing what I owe at the end of the trip and reducing hers.  

like I said, we work it out amongst ourselves, nut it’s easier, cleaner and less awkward if the credit is all applied to me instead of split between us.

Now, I see your point.  You're saying that you want all the OBC applied to your account which is as it  should be.  

I see so many posts where some want the OBC applied to only DSC or something else. Never understood why that made a difference.  

9 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Now, I see your point.  You're saying that you want all the OBC applied to your account which is as it  should be.  

I see so many posts where some want the OBC applied to only DSC or something else. Never understood why that made a difference.  

Yup.  The Shareholder OBC is no refundable.  It can’t be used for the DSC, only for purchases onboard.  I love my friend, but the OBC is mine.  😂

Why don't you and your wife get 100 shares so both can get $100obc?

Or is it like the cruisenext certificate and$50 shore ex credit in that 1 per cabin?

(I travel solo and almost always get $100)

4 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Or is it like the cruisenext certificate and$50 shore ex credit in that 1 per cabin?

It’s one per cabin.

35 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

If you each had your own cabin, sure.  We have 300 shares (don't know why hubby bought that amount but he did).  Still only get a total of $100 OBC total.