The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 5th, 2023

richwmn

Good evening to all or should I say Good morning.  It is already Thursday here in Norway and I am just getting around to posting.

Thank you to Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for your contributions.

The quote is humorous.  I have not been to Vigo, but close by in Ferrol, where we went to Santiago de Compostela.

I do not like chili, Vegan or otherwise.

Pass on the wine and drinks.

I keep reading of sadness here and don’t know where to begin.

@cruising sister condolences on the passing of your aunt and prayers for Murphy.  I am sorry that you feel so alone.  Good luck with cleaning out your aunt’s belongings.

@smitty34877 I hope Lou managed to get home today.  Prayers for his speedy recovery

@summer slope I am sorry for you that Bailey has to go over the rainbow bridge.  Prayers and Hugs.

@Vict0riann I hope Pat starts to do better and you get rid of your headache.

If I missed anyone, sorry.  You are remembered in my group prayers.

Today was busy.  I had a mani-pedi appointment at the spa.  After lunch Jim and I went on the Atlantic Ocean Road tour.  I will post photos tomorrow.

Right now it is just 1 am and I am ready to go to bed.  Still have a cold, but it is getting better slowly.

I leave you with this sunset over Molde, Norway.

God Bless,

Terri

DSCN2045.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Paul, that's good news that the treatment helped with the breathing

I'll be doing two other non-drug things for it. One is using a device for "oscillating positive expiratory pressure therapy," which is well-tested for more serious conditions than mine. It looks like an oversize whistle that you blow into (but it's silent), that creates rapidly varying back-pressure. The inconvenient part is that has to be cleaned at least every second day and rinsed in boiled or distilled water.

The second is a treatment from European, not Chinese, folk medicine that consists essentially of putting cold, wet cotton socks onto warm feet, then wool socks over them, and getting immediately into bed. This is not so well-tested but generations of grandmothers have approved it. It appears to be safe as long as you're warm at the beginning, which is not a problem at this time of year.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I'll be doing two other non-drug things for it. One is using a device for "oscillating positive expiratory pressure therapy," which is well-tested for more serious conditions than mine. It looks like an oversize whistle that you blow into (but it's silent), that creates rapidly varying back-pressure. The inconvenient part is that has to be cleaned at least every second day and rinsed in boiled or distilled water.

The second is a treatment from European, not Chinese, folk medicine that consists essentially of putting cold, wet cotton socks onto warm feet, then wool socks over them, and getting immediately into bed. This is not so well-tested but generations of grandmothers have approved it. It appears to be safe as long as you're warm at the beginning, which is not a problem at this time of year.

Hoping you feel better!  I’m family with the socks method to head off a cold. Seems to stimulate the immune system. Haven’t heard of the variable positive pressure method. We did use positive pressure valves to keep the alveoli open but they weren’t variable. 🤞

• Like 5

On 7/5/2023 at 6:05 AM, summer slope said:

Mai Tai cocktail:

Victor “Trader Vic” Bergeron is often credited with inventing the drink at his Trader Vic’s bar in the 1940s, though it’s likely that Donn Beach laid the groundwork for the famous recipe during the 1930s at his Don the Beachcomber bar. The original Trader Vic’s recipe featured Jamaica’s J. Wray & Nephew rum. Once Bergeron ran out of his supply, he moved to blending rums in an attempt to create a similar flavor profile.

Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces white rum
3/4 ounce orange curaçao
3/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 ounce orgeat
1/2 ounce dark rum
Steps
Add the white rum, curaçao, lime juice and orgeat into a shaker with crushed ice and shake lightly (about 3 seconds).
Pour into a double rocks glass.
Float the dark rum over the top.
Garnish with a lime wheel and mint sprig.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 7.04.16 AM.png

A proper Mai Tai ought not to have white rum. Try Denizen Merchant's Reserve or a combination of aged Jamaica (12 Appleton Estate) and Martinique Agricole (Rhum Clement).