Delays at end of 6/27 Venezia due to fights?

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I always say I'm going to do that "next time" but the next cruise I find myself in the mosh pit...you know where this is going, lol. When will I learn? Maybe Sept will be "next time" 🙂 Did that seem to be the best scenario  - go hang at Lido?

It took us a few times of saying we were going to do it before we finally did. The difference in our stress level was like night and day. I always hated being stressed on the last day of a cruise because of pushy people, crowds, people blocking stairs and elevators when our zone was called, etc. Having a leisurely breakfast and just sitting and enjoying a last cup of coffee made a huge difference. When they announced the last call we walked straight to an elevator, which was empty when it arrived, walked through the forward MDR to an almost empty atrium and right off the ship without having to wait in a line. Most of the luggage had been claimed so finding ours was easy as it was sitting all alone in our zone's area. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rudyard said:

We finally started doing this after always trying to get off early and thinking "This time it'll be different". Now we wait until about 15 minutes before it's time to get kicked out of our cabin, head up to Lido to eat breakfast, sit and drink coffee and talk with the people around us who were smart enough to do the same thing, then walk right off the ship when last call is announced. So much less stressful than having to throw elbows to get through the crowds. 

For us it all depends on our outbound flights. I really like it when we can be leisurely but it doesn't always work out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rudyard said:

It took us a few times of saying we were going to do it before we finally did. The difference in our stress level was like night and day. I always hated being stressed on the last day of a cruise because of pushy people, crowds, people blocking stairs and elevators when our zone was called, etc. Having a leisurely breakfast and just sitting and enjoying a last cup of coffee made a huge difference...

Thanks - "next time" really is going to be next time!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jsglow said:

For us it all depends on our outbound flights. I really like it when we can be leisurely but it doesn't always work out.

Yes I should have taken this approach, but for the increasingly irate texts from the car service who were booked to pick us up. We were told we'd be off by 8:30AM but it was10:07AM when we made it to the luggage area. 

Our last RC cruise we were off the ship in record, civilized time. I guess it's often luck.

On 7/5/2023 at 3:23 PM, luc122 said:

I guess the thinking is as soon as they call my number I’ll just waltz my happy azz down the stairs and off. 
except- there’s no where to walk! 

carnival needs to assign designated waiting areas per number, rope off those areas and not let anyone wait there. Staff should be directing people who are coming off elevators to go to the above mentioned areas based on their number. 
just tell me where to wait based on my number. Lower numbers wait in places on lower decks. But if you’re the last number you shouldn’t be waiting around the elevators on deck 4. 

I just dont understand why they do not have to staff to show people to wait in other areas away from deck 3   if its not your time-- send them to another deck.      I do not know why simple rules and requests are not enforced    at all 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I swore off ever sailing from NYC ever again after our Sunrise experience back in 2019. No offense to any New Yorkers here, but they seem to lack any sense of personal space and tend to be rude, loud and obnoxious. Made for a not so pleasant 10 days for us and we swore never again out of NY. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

I just dont understand why they do not have to staff to show people to wait in other areas away from deck 3   if its not your time-- send them to another deck.      I do not know why simple rules and requests are not enforced    at all 

I don't know why simple rules and requests can't be followed by passengers. They are told repeatedly to stay away from deck 3 and the stairs

• Like 5

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

Im sure the crew and staff are there telling people not to wait on the decks around the gangway. They cant physically restrain them. Its more likely passengers just ignoring crew instructions because they feel the rules apply to everyone else except them.

I am also on team "wait until last call" to debark and we schedule our flights accordingly (usually) so that we dont have to be a part of the mad rush to get off the ship. We can just wait in a lounge chair or on lido at a table then when they announce "last call" we just waltz right off with no hassle whatsoever.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stobe1 said:

Im sure the crew and staff are there telling people not to wait on the decks around the gangway. They cant physically restrain them. Its more likely passengers just ignoring crew instructions because they feel the rules apply to everyone else except them.

I am also on team "wait until last call" to debark and we schedule our flights accordingly (usually) so that we dont have to be a part of the mad rush to get off the ship. We can just wait in a lounge chair or on lido at a table then when they announce "last call" we just waltz right off with no hassle whatsoever.

I have seen that mess and not seen any crew member ask people to leave that area 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

For those who wait till Last Call. Do you keep all your luggage with you? I can see where it might be a problem to have one of the last pieces of luggage sitting in the luggage claim area.

No. We go and get the tags with the last group numbers and maybe have one or 2 carry ons to take off with us for our last minute items and toiletries. We have never had a luggage issue at all.

What problems are you concerned about? Theft? Port personnel thinking the bags were unclaimed and left behind?

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

What problems are you concerned about? Theft? Port personnel thinking the bags were unclaimed and left behind?

Yes. Once on a flight, we saw a woman pull down a carry-on that was not hers and leave the plane, all while a person seated all the way in the back of the plane was yelling that it was their bag.

I was on this ship and something definitely went down. The disembark process was horrible. There was a guy next to me in the theater that spoke to one of the workers and he told that the guy that got hit over the head with the bottle died. I saw that guy the night it happen. He was sitting at the Hero's place by the limelight lounge and he was bloody and had a huge knot on his head. I saw 2 videos on tik tok and they both disappeared within hours. I believe he must have passed because they are trying to keep this one QUIET 🤫🤔

3 hours ago, sa_girl said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuTjE5Gu7gf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The reason everything was delayed.   Police were also late getting to the ship

This is just ridiculous, bunch of animals. They need to be banned from all lines. People were saying glass bottle being used on other posts. That looks like a regular water bottle that the female was hurling. But I see there are drinks in glass on the tables, so who knows. Wonder what started this one, than again, it usually don't take much when you see these gang fights.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 11:40 PM, Haljo1935 said:

I always say I'm going to do that "next time" but the next cruise I find myself in the mosh pit...you know where this is going, lol. When will I learn? Maybe Sept will be "next time" 🙂 Did that seem to be the best scenario  - go hang at Lido?

Did this last time, much better experience. I was especially worried due the number of passengers on the Celebration. Got to Lido as they were about to put up the food, grabbed some scraps and hung out for a while. The crew started side-eyeing us around 930, we packed it up and walked right off. We had low # luggage tags and ours were some of the last bags in the sections in the terminal. This is the way...until everyone does it!  

19 hours ago, stobe1 said:

No. We go and get the tags with the last group numbers and maybe have one or 2 carry ons to take off with us for our last minute items and toiletries. We have never had a luggage issue at all.

Yeah that's the only concern I have about this...someone walking off with the wrong black suitcase!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sa_girl said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuTjE5Gu7gf/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The reason everything was delayed.   Police were also late getting to the ship

Hi @sa_girl🙂

Oh my goodness. That's the 4th video I've seen so far from this particular sailing. Three others were on TikTok. Thank you for posting. 

🍹

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hard_eight said:

Did this last time, much better experience. I was especially worried due the number of passengers on the Celebration. Got to Lido as they were about to put up the food, grabbed some scraps and hung out for a while. The crew started side-eyeing us around 930, we packed it up and walked right off. We had low # luggage tags and ours were some of the last bags in the sections in the terminal. This is the way...until everyone does it!  

Yeah that's the only concern I have about this...someone walking off with the wrong black suitcase!

To prevent someone from accidentally walking off with your suitcases put something on the handle that would make it impossible to mistake. Some crazy bag tag or ribbon or something like that like we do with our bags. Its no different than someone accidentally walking off with the wrong bag at the airport since many bags look alike.

Now someone intentionally taking your bag is a completely different ball of wax.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

To prevent someone from accidentally walking off with your suitcases put something on the handle that would make it impossible to mistake. Some crazy bag tag or ribbon or something like that like we do with our bags. Its no different than someone accidentally walking off with the wrong bag at the airport since many bags look alike.

Now someone intentionally taking your bag is a completely different ball of wax.

My husband put multi colored pattern tape on his so it stands out.