Time for a 12 day Scandinavian cruise out of Dover om the Carnival Pride

jimbo5544

Thanks for the live posting. I have been following along to see what to expect when we embark the Pride on the 21st. If you hear anything about the next cruise, I would greatly appreciate the head up.

I hope you enjoy your unexpected sea day. Thanks again for all the time you have taken to post.

14 minutes ago, Traveller94 said:

Thanks for the live posting. I have been following along to see what to expect when we embark the Pride on the 21st. If you hear anything about the next cruise, I would greatly appreciate the head up.

I hope you enjoy your unexpected sea day. Thanks again for all the time you have taken to post.

I’m onboard now and staying onboard for the next cruise.  I am disappointed about missing the port today, but 2 sea days in a row isn’t the worst thing.  However, I am extremely worried about the next cruise.   This morning it doesn’t feel like we are moving.  Oh well, nothing I can do except hope it gets fixed.   I’ll share any info I hear.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Traveller94 said:

Happy to do it.

1 minute ago, Joanne G. said:

I’m onboard now and staying onboard for the next cruise.  I am disappointed about missing the port today, but 2 sea days in a row isn’t the worst thing.  However, I am extremely worried about the next cruise.   This morning it doesn’t feel like we are moving.  Oh well, nothing I can do except hope it gets fixed.   I’ll share any info I hear.  

It feels that way because we are not moving.  Until we hear more, to guess on what the future holds is fruitless.  I am SURE we will get more information live from the Captain this morning, but it cannot be good.  

Jim

• Like 6

The Captain just came on and said they are continuing  to work on the propulsion issues.   Basically restating the letter I posted above.  Interesting that there is no further news.  More to come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Capsoni said:

its about 1450 kilometer to Dover. Max. speed is about 40kilometers... so it takes about 36hrs. Until fri 5am its from now 42hrs.

Thanks for the information - though it’s not very encouraging.  I’ll just keep hoping the issue gets fixed soon. 

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The Captain just came on and said they are continuing  to work on the propulsion issues.   Basically restating the letter I posted above.  Interesting that there is no further news.  More to come.

Yikes hope it get fixed before my cruise in 30 days.  Not that i dont hope it gets fixed for you too.

• Haha 2

I'm a bit surprised that there hasn't been more said onboard. But I suppose IF this turns out to be a major issue preventing the ship from returning to Dover than the logistics of dealing with thousands of passengers and even getting them back to London by air will be daunting.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

Yes, the captain just made that announcement. No further details

Yup, not a lot of detail, but we are returning to Kiel this evening where they can work with ship and shore resources to fix the mechanical issue(s).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

We have movement.  Still fairly big vibration.  Up tp 9 knots now

Sorry to hear this...

Aft corner for you guys I'm guessing? Always some vibrations back there as a baseline, can't imagine kicking that up a few notches !

Tom

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Sorry to hear this...

Aft corner for you guys I'm guessing? Always some vibrations back there as a baseline, can't imagine kicking that up a few notches !

Tom

Nope, we have two grand kids so couple balconies aft port side right in front of bowling alley cabin next to aft wrap.  Up to 12 knots the vibration has simmered down.

• Like 4