A question for Royal Princess cruisers

hinterlandboyz2

Hello to all. My partner will be using a CPAP machine for the very first time on a cruise. Our balcony stateroom on the Royal Princess will be located on Deck 9  and my question is, is there a power wall plug (socket) attached to either of the bedside tables (nightstand) bed? I have searched the web for an answer but unfortunately none can I find. I thank you in anticipation for your reply 

Happy cruising :classic_smile:

No need to bring an extension cord.  Just ask your stateroom attendent for one.  They will bring it and route it safely to an outlet and tape the cord down so that it isn't a tripping hazard.  You can also request distilled water for your cpap.

• Like 1

Agree with earlier posters, there is no outlet at the bedside tables. My husband packs his own long extension cord and we carry a multi-prong power strip (w/o surge protector). Once we did have to request an extension cord, they did provide a very thick heavy duty long cord (i think our steward had to really search for it, we requested after boarding when we realized we forgot ours, and it was a full ship).

33 minutes ago, Sailin Gal said:

Pretty sure on the Royal last year DH plugged his CPAP into an outlet behind the bed.  

The outlet behind the bed is not a US outlet. If you want to use that I suggest you get an adapter. Get one that not only adapts for a US plug but that also allows the other plug that is already there to be used as well. I believe that's where the bedside lights are plugged in. If you look around at the threads here on the subject of power strips, adapters, etc. there are posts by someone (the name escapes me at the moment) who shows the perfect adapter and likely has a link for one to Amazon. If you don't want to go the extension cord route this would be a good thing to have.

EDIT:  I think that THIS may be the one. Check out the link and see if it would work for you. Remember, you sill still need to plug the lamps in. Plug the lamp into the front and the CPAP into the top and you "should" be good to go. You will have to check it out for yourself to be sure. 

To find this info I did a search for "adapter" and clicked on one of the results.

image.png.85f102a9173978dee73e090f68388a16.png

Edited by Thrak