Specialty Dining Cutbacks?

W283386

I do not believe that any cuts have been mentioned yet.  But with Celebrity having some of the highest price specialty dining. what changes would keep you from booking a specialty restaurant in the future (ie: one item per course limit, lower quality items, higher cost, poorer service, etc)?

47 minutes ago, W283386 said:

one item per course limit, lower quality items, higher cost, poorer service,

All of the above, service and quality never have had issues, service hit or miss but never a major problem at all.  I usually only get the first night specialty which you can get usually around 33% discount or so.   I have never had issues with food or service in MDR or BLU.  Are some dishes not to my liking, its more a taste thing and very subjective.  But I find the food on Celebrity very good to excellent overall.  

Higher price - yes if over $100 per person for the top tier specialty dining like Murano (we haven't sailed on Edge class)

Lower quality - yes

Poor service - yes

Limited number of items ordered - no. We never order more than one of anything. There's plenty of food for us and I always find it's too much even if I skip the appetiser.

I think they'll raise the price before they cut back on quality, quantity, and/or service, especially if there is broad implementation of special entree surcharges in the main dining rooms. They have to do something to differentiate between regular and specialty dining. But I've been wrong plenty of times in my life! 😅

6 hours ago, W283386 said:

I do not believe that any cuts have been mentioned yet.  But with Celebrity having some of the highest price specialty dining. what changes would keep you from booking a specialty restaurant in the future (ie: one item per course limit, lower quality items, higher cost, poorer service, etc)?

The only one I have experienced is the removal of  the small Filet And Lobster tail combination  from the LPC menu.  Replaced by Ribs?

Last cruise I let them know I love LPC but would no longer be dining at LPC because of that change.

2 hours ago, D. B. said:

The only one I have experienced is the removal of  the small Filet And Lobster tail combination  from the LPC menu.  Replaced by Ribs?

Last cruise I let them know I love LPC but would no longer be dining at LPC because of that change.

The menu for LPC has been different each of the three times we've gone.  That's what made it fun for us.  We also thought the ribs were really good on the Summit.  We've never done LPC with lobster and filet, but that also sounds delicious.  It seems like Celebrity is downplaying lobster more and more.  I think for LPC it's a fairly restricted menu on purpose because the point of the restaurant is the experience, not necessarily the variety of offerings.

I cut back on them.   I no longer dine in any.   The novelty wore off after a few times.    I don’t see anything special in them except having to pay extra.    For me they are overpriced and the food in the dining rooms is good enough.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Why do you want to put this out into the universe ?

agree.. they have enough bad ideas without any help!  

btw..on our BEYOND cruise  Raw on 5 was one of our best specialty dining experiences on X.. Great service , fresh food and creative menu..not just sushi! So I don't see any cutbacks there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tserface said:

The menu for LPC has been different each of the three times we've gone.  That's what made it fun for us.  We also thought the ribs were really good on the Summit.  We've never done LPC with lobster and filet, but that also sounds delicious.  It seems like Celebrity is downplaying lobster more and more.  I think for LPC it's a fairly restricted menu on purpose because the point of the restaurant is the experience, not necessarily the variety of offerings.

The filet And lobster used to be one of the 3 menus.

At the start of this someone ask if any of the menus at the specialty restaurants had changed (as in downgraded) and I think doing away with Filet And Lobster and replacing it with Ribs is a down grade?

Now I still Love LPC and the video presentation and have dined there 14 times in the past starting on Edge in 2019 But letting them Know I did not like what they did is my way of telling them We do notice the downgrades.

Will this affect my future cruising on Celebrity? No. not at all.