Cheese

Ocean Mouse

On 7/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, Musky Ike said:

Tough topic coming from Wisconsin where talking cheese is like talking politics, at some point we agree to disagree. I will say that I have found both good and not as good options onboard in the Horizon Court. I will agree that the cheese plate on the MDR dessert menu is ho-hum, but still lighter and better than the super sweet dessert options IMHO. Of course for us here, cheese is part of every meal and in-between snacks.

Did you have that cheese with a Wisconsin Old Fashioned, and a few brats?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sailin Gal said:

For those of you bringing cheese on at embarkation or from a port stop, is that allowed or do you have to smuggle it on?  Never would have thought to do that, but I do love some cheese and fruit as an evening snack and agree the selection and quality of cheese onboard is disappointing.  

Never had a problem and we do this often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’m new to Princess too, from the UK. sailing to Norway out of Southampton in August

Oh dear. I think I might be going to the buffet just for cheese & crackers to take to our cabin. Do you know what crackers are available please?

I guess we’re spoilt in the UK with our own & other European cheeses readily available.

Sadly the cheese board available on the recent ish P&O cruises was pretty rubbish too though 😞 

I would most definitely agree

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

Did you have that cheese with a Wisconsin Old Fashioned, and a few brats?

No brat onboard could stand up next to those around a Northwoods campfire and everyone knows brats pair better with beer. Old fashions are for the upper crust badgers.

• Haha 2

The cheese selection on Princess is limited in variety and quality.  Yes, there may be more options in the buffet but that's not saying much when compared with the cheese plate in the MDR.  To make matters worse, the MDR cheese plate rarely, if ever, changes.  As for the crackers/biscuits served with the cheese, it's all very sad.  I've been served saltines with the MDR cheese plate.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, Plato123 said:

Also beware of the "cheese plate" fresh from the refrigerator.

DH enjoys his cheese plate for dessert and always asks for it to be delivered with the appetizers so it is room temp when time to eat it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

DH enjoys his cheese plate for dessert and always asks for it to be delivered with the appetizers so it is room temp when time to eat it.

with a nice sherry or port  .... ? 🫠

12 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

No brat onboard could stand up next to those around a Northwoods campfire and everyone knows brats pair better with beer. Old fashions are for the upper crust badgers.

Could you explain what a ''brat' is? (Sorry, I'm English and a brat here is another, slightly nasty term, for a child!) 😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Puss said:

Could you explain what a ''brat' is? (Sorry, I'm English and a brat here is another, slightly nasty term, for a child!) 😏

We use that term also, just with a different pronunciation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruise Puss said:

Try saying to an American: "What time should I knock you up in the morning? Most of us will take it the wrong way! A Brat is a shortened term for Bratwurst.

9 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Try saying to an American: "What time should I knock you up in the morning? Most of us will take it the wrong way! A Brat is a shortened term for Bratwurst.

Bob's your uncle!  🙂

Hank

On 7/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, CruzeQueen2 said:

@Ocean Mouse Be sure to check out the cheese selections at the International Cafe on deck 5 (most ships). I recall that they often have a selection of cheeses in the evenings. Enjoy your first Princess cruise!

On our December cruise on Caribbean Princess they no longer had the evening cheese selection in the International Cafe

• Like 1