Oceania transfers from Trieste - costs ?

Hambagahle

I have searched high and low on the Oceania website but cannot find the cost of an Oceania private car transfer from the port in Trieste to either the Venice airport OR to the Piazzale Roma in Venice itself.  Anyone have any ideas?  I need to know what to budget!

On our recent cruise we just took the train from Venice St Lucia station to Trieste Central.  It was on a Saturday morning so not really crowded.  It worked out well for us but I know not for everyone.  

Thank you both.   Normally I would take a train (As a Swiss I am "geared to" trains!). But we dock on 1st May.  A MAJOR holiday in Italy and when many trains are not running.    Train would have been wonderful.   $319 is OK.  But I am hoping that a private transfer to VCE (airport) would be a bit less...

35 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Thank you both.   Normally I would take a train (As a Swiss I am "geared to" trains!). But we dock on 1st May.  A MAJOR holiday in Italy and when many trains are not running.    Train would have been wonderful.   $319 is OK.  But I am hoping that a private transfer to VCE (airport) would be a bit less...

It will be.  O marks up the price more than 100%.  Do Google search for private cars/drivers Trieste to Venice airport.  Review and choose.  You'll save a lot.

Check the Roll Call for your cruise as often times people are advertising for additional people to share the fare. When we got off in Trieste in May, we joined a family so there were 7 of us and it was $50 pp in a private van.  The ship will offer a bus to the airport and it was either $69 or $89 pp. I recall a lot of people got off the ship and had vans or cars waiting for them just by the parking area at the end of the pier so it should be an easy task. By the way, it was about a two hour drive to the Courtyard by Marriott next to the Marco Polo Airport 

Ciao,
Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Check the Roll Call for your cruise as often times people are advertising for additional people to share the fare. When we got off in Trieste in May, we joined a family so there were 7 of us and it was $50 pp in a private van.  The ship will offer a bus to the airport and it was either $69 or $89 pp. I recall a lot of people got off the ship and had vans or cars waiting for them just by the parking area at the end of the pier so it should be an easy task. By the way, it was about a two hour drive to the Courtyard by Marriott next to the Marco Polo Airport 

Ciao,
Mauibabes

Thanks Mauibabes - but I want a private transfer, just for my husband and me.   Think I will look at local transfer companies as well as Oceania...

Edited by Hambagahle

1 hour ago, Hambagahle said:

Will check with Viatour.  Normally I prefer not to use them.  But perhaps they are OK.

Viator is  just  a booking agent  they do not actually  have cars 

I would shop for local  services

JMO

• Like 2

In April we used GoOpti for a transfer from the port in Trieste to Venice. Private transfer for wife and I was 174 Euro. No complaints. Good web site. Driver did not speak much English but arrived early and took care of our luggage. When we return to this part of the world would use this company again.

9 hours ago, californiacruiseluvrs said:

We are going on the Vista on July 15th from Trieste.  Taking Black Lane from Venice airport.  I believe around $600 for two.

If you are paying $600 you are being vastly over charged.  My TA quoted an Oceania private car transfer for $299 for the entire car.

3 hours ago, mexicobob said:

In April we used GoOpti for a transfer from the port in Trieste to Venice. Private transfer for wife and I was 174 Euro. No complaints. Good web site. Driver did not speak much English but arrived early and took care of our luggage. When we return to this part of the world would use this company again.

That is reasonable.  And I speak Italian (not Slovenian though!). However from their site it looks as though they are like Viator -- a broker.  I would prefer to find a Trieste-based company if I can...

Edited by Hambagahle

18 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

That is reasonable.  And I speak Italian (not Slovenian though!). However from their site it looks as though they are like Viator -- a broker.  I would prefer to find a Trieste-based company if I can...

Not sure if they are a "broker" but all of their vehicles that we saw, and saw several, were company painted GoOpti vehicles. Gathered that at least some of the drivers were independent, similar to UBER, but were driving company vehicles. Whatever they were, they provided us with good service from start to finish.

• Thanks 2