Is it possible to price a sold out category?

Mike981

Booked an Aqua room on the Silhouette and I just wanted to do a price check and it shows this category is sold out. Is it possible to figure out the current price? I did read on CC that Celebrity will not reprice your room in a sold out category.

By the way, I spent way to much time searching CC and Google for the answer. Google was just Celebrity PR links and CC gives you results for every word you put in the search. I tried clicking on "all search terms" and that was no help.

Thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

Booked an Aqua room on the Silhouette and I just wanted to do a price check and it shows this category is sold out. Is it possible to figure out the current price? I did read on CC that Celebrity will not reprice your room in a sold out category.

By the way, I spent way to much time searching CC and Google for the answer. Google was just Celebrity PR links and CC gives you results for every word you put in the search. I tried clicking on "all search terms" and that was no help.

Thank you for your help.

There is no "current" price because there are none to be sold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you for your help.

Although there is no price to view on the customer side, Celebrity still has prevailing rates for sold out categories in their booking system. I've had TAs reprice sold out cabins in the past for Royal Caribbean. Celebrity would likely be the same. The challenge for you is tracking the price since all Aqua rooms for your sailing are sold out. If it were a cabin with comparable cabins you could watch for price drops with those cabins to know when to request a potential reprice.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike981 said:

Thank you both.

We have tried a few times re suites. As sailing date  has got near the odd suite has come up as available, invariably more than the price we have paid…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Past week I repriced a (Sold Out) Sunset Veranda on the Apex (2024 best of Scandinavia)

Gerelmx, how did you know the current price when they were sold?

26 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Gerelmx, how did you know the current price when they were sold?

Don’t know first I repriced the next cruise B2B and ask to the operator can you do for this cruise a he give me the new price i say ok go ahead

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

I had a case on one sailing where others on the Roll Call were saying their CVP was able to reprice their suite when all suites had been sold out for quite some time.   My TA said he couldn't see the current rates on his system.  After multiple people also reported being repriced he was able to contact someone at Celebrity and eventually got it repriced on 2 sailings, saved $2250.

It appears that Celebrity reps can see the prevailing rates.  I suspect they are not supposed to reprice but it appears it does happen.   Not sure TA's have the ability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you for your help.

We book FVs which sell out quickly.  Having said that, we have not had any luck in getting a price check done when they are sold out.  However I have read of a few people on this board that have gotten their sold out cabin re-priced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you for your help.

Just keep checking periodically. Our cabin class on an upcoming cruise was listed sold out. About two weeks later a couple of cabins in our category showed up as available and at a lower price. Called our CVP and she repriced ours. Saved $350. This was all before final payment was due. Our final payment is due in about 4 weeks so I'm still checking.