Alaska complimentary jackets

SkiWave

Are the complimentary "all weather" jackets provided by Seabourn for Alaska cruises of the lighter wind-breaker type, or the warmer/heavier insulated type?  We are preparing to pack for an upcoming Alaska cruise, and want to avoid bringing our own heavy jacket if not necessary.  Of course, August weather may be more wet than cold.  Thank you for your assistance with this question.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkiWave said:

Are the complimentary "all weather" jackets provided by Seabourn for Alaska cruises of the lighter wind-breaker type, or the warmer/heavier insulated type?  We are preparing to pack for an upcoming Alaska cruise, and want to avoid bringing our own heavy jacket if not necessary.  Of course, August weather may be more wet than cold.  Thank you for your assistance with this question.  

We were on the June 19 to June 30 Alaska cruise, and we were the first cruise to be given the newer black version of the jackets. I would describe it as a breathable water repelling wind breaker. On rainy days, we took our trusty Seabourn umbellas along too.

2 hours ago, CalmSea said:

...newer black version of the jackets. I would describe it as a breathable water repelling wind breaker.

Are the sizes normal for a jacket?  (they don't run bigger or smaller than a typical jacket.) 

35 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

Are the sizes normal for a jacket?  (they don't run bigger or smaller than a typical jacket.) 

The sizes look normal to me, but I am not an expert on sizes. We ordered according to the size chart, and they fit us perfectly. There are many people wearing the Alasaka jackets around the Odyssey, and they all looked very smart!

The jackets are made by Storm Creek. The models are 6520 and 6525. Storm Creek's website has better pictures of the jackets than Seabourn's ordering site. Seabourn's version of the jacket has the Seabourn logo and the word "Alaska" added.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CalmSea said:

The sizes look normal to me, but I am not an expert on sizes. We ordered according to the size chart, and they fit us perfectly. There are many people wearing the Alasaka jackets around the Odyssey, and they all looked very smart!

The jackets are made by Storm Creek. The models are 6520 and 6525. Storm Creek's website has better pictures of the jackets than Seabourn's ordering site. Seabourn's version of the jacket has the Seabourn logo and the word "Alaska" added.

Thank you for this.  The reason I asked is because the blue Alaska jacket I got from Seabourn a few years ago ran larger than normal, but that is a different type of jacket than the new black ones, I think.

3 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

Thank you for this.  The reason I asked is because the blue Alaska jacket I got from Seabourn a few years ago ran larger than normal, but that is a different type of jacket than the new black ones, I think.

My main issue with the Seabourn jackets (the aqua ones from years past) is that they were unisex sizes--which generally does not work for me. Why can't they provide both men's and women's sizes?

7 minutes ago, SLSD said:

My main issue with the Seabourn jackets (the aqua ones from years past) is that they were unisex sizes--which generally does not work for me. Why can't they provide both men's and women's sizes?

The new one has separate sizing for men versus women

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

The new one has separate sizing for men versus women

Correct…. And…easy to order and hope they work for us

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

19 hours ago, CalmSea said:

On rainy days, we took our trusty Seabourn umbellas along too.

Does this mean there are umbrellas on the ship available for use, or do you have Seabourn branded umbrellas that you travel with? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earthtones said:

Does this mean there are umbrellas on the ship available for use, or do you have Seabourn branded umbrellas that you travel with? 

They are availabe for use. We usually pick them up when we get off the ship and return them when we come back.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone comment on the hood on these jackets? Looking at the image gallery on both Storm Creek and other retailers, the ladies doesn't seem to have any obvious drawstring - or similar - to tighten it?

There also seems to be a lack of pockets. I can only see two hip pockets and none of the descriptions mention an internal pocket.

Edited by MBP&O2/O

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Can anyone comment on the hood on these jackets? Looking at the image gallery on both Storm Creek and other retailers, the ladies doesn't seem to have any obvious drawstring - or similar - to tighten it?

There also seems to be a lack of pockets. I can only see two hip pockets and none of the descriptions mention an internal pocket.

Both the men and ladies hood have drawstring. The men's jacket has 3 pockets, the ladies one has only 2 hip pockets. Neither has any internal pockets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2