Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Delta WiFi?  Is that what they call this?

Yes, Sir ... complimentary, for your convenience ... or, with an upcharge (haha, couldn't resist) 😊  Nice sunset over the horizon, that means upload speed is pretty good vs. NCL's satellite WiFi at sea. 

How's onboard services, got you at FL 290 with early arrival by 10 minutes, about 6 hours to go ... over Canada air space approaching Nova Scotia.  Isn't it time for you to get some zzz's - got a busy "day" ahead waiting 😉

• Like 2

Oh yeah….WiFi cuts in and out.  Delta Steward(esses) are nice.  Food in D1 is better than pretzels/peanuts the plebes in back are getting.  Won’t mistake it for MDR food in the Manhattan Room, though.

Just finished MY NAME OS OTTO….cute heartbreaker of a movie.  Hanks is always good in everything he does.

Faux Bose headphones Delta provides are barely better than the in ear ones that they sell you in the flimsy plastic wrapping. 

Glad I brought my bluetooth converter for my Bose.  

And yes, we’re tracking early into CDG.

Delta app claims my checked bag made it on the plane.  My backpack reeks of Listerine.  It’s in the overhead and I can smell it at my seat.  

But, the “spill” only hit clothes, not the electronics.  Happy for that.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Delta app claims my checked bag made it on the plane.  My backpack reeks of Listerine.  It’s in the overhead and I can smell it at my seat.  

You are lucky...a few years I spilled mouthwash on my computer when I opened the bottle near the computer. One of the smarter things I've done. It was time to upgrade anyway but it didn't make me feel any less dumb.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

People are sacking out….

I no longer eat meals on the plane, even on long haul flights to Asia. I might snack. 

On red-eyes to Europe, I eat before boarding, take Ambien when the plane reaches 30,000+ feet and go straight to sleep. Of course if there is an emergency on board, I likely won't be in any shape to follow directions, or care.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

2 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I no longer eat meals on the plane, even on long haul flights to Asia. I might snack. 

On red-eyes to Europe, I eat before boarding, take Ambien when the plane reaches 30,000+ feet and go straight to sleep. Of course if there is an emergency on board, I likely won't be in any shape to follow directions, or care.

Probably what I should do.  But, sleeping on a plane?   ….never been able to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, graphicguy said:

Probably what I should do.  But, sleeping on a plane?   ….never been able to do that.

I can't sleep either...thus the drugs. 

I finally gave in to taking sleeping aids a few years ago after too many torturous business trips overseas. It's not a good feeling to stare right into a colleague's eyes, see that his lips are moving, yet the brain can't process what he is saying.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I can't sleep either...thus the drugs. 

I finally gave in to taking sleeping aids a few years ago after too many torturous business trips overseas. It's not a good feeling to stare right into a colleague's eyes, see that his lips are moving, yet the brain can't process what he is saying.

Oh…I totally get that…before I retired, that was a daily occurrence….just on purpose!!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Oh yeah….WiFi cuts in and out.  Delta Steward(esses) are nice.  Food in D1 is better than pretzels/peanuts the plebes in back are getting.  Won’t mistake it for MDR food in the Manhattan Room, though.

Just finished MY NAME OS OTTO….cute heartbreaker of a movie.  Hanks is always good in everything he does.

Faux Bose headphones Delta provides are barely better than the in ear ones that they sell you in the flimsy plastic wrapping. 

Glad I brought my bluetooth converter for my Bose.  

And yes, we’re tracking early into CDG.

Funny, Just saw most of My Name is Otto in our room on the Joy last week. It was a good movie, but it was late and I may have dozed off a few times. Too bad about the Listerine. I guess it needed to be it's own zipper bag. At least it wasn't something slimy like shampoo.

Didn't know you could track your bag on the Delta app. I guess it keeps track of the bar code scans. We are flying Delta for our next cruise, so that is good to know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Hey Henry….767!

😉

Lordy, my go-to flying TP years ago coming off the Queen ... PamAm SP's.  Nobody in those days can imagine that we would flying 757's across the pond, let alone 737's - not stretched then.  

Sorry to read about the spill, Mrs' trick is to rubberband tied them with cellophane (plastic) wrap before stuffing 3-1-1 into the carry-on, more effective than just using a ziplock bag.  Dozing off ? breakfast up front for pre-arrival should be next 😉

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Lordy, my go-to flying TP years ago coming off the Queen ... PamAm SP's.  Nobody in those days can imagine that we would flying 757's across the pond, let alone 737's - not stretched then.  

Sorry to read about the spill, Mrs' trick is to rubberband tied them with cellophane (plastic) wrap before stuffing 3-1-1 into the carry-on, more effective than just using a ziplock bag.  Dozing off ? breakfast up front for pre-arrival should be next 😉

Tried to doze.  These seats, regardless of how comfortable they appear, aren’t.

Will doze at CDG for an hour or so.  Then nap at the hotel!

Y’all are keeping me awake.  For that I thank you!

Couldn’t make myself watch the sci-fi movie!

So bluetoothing itunes!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

And, we’re making our final approach into Paris.

i want to thank everyone who responded this evening/morning.

It wasn’t the plane, the seat, the other passengers that kept me wanting to forego sleep.  It was all the Cruise Critic folks…..you guys….who have a shared love for cruising, that makes me want to do so.

A little groggy…as a result, probably excited about the camaraderie we all share….

Thanks for hanging with me, and keeping me entertained!!!!!!

Merci!

• Like 12

…and the French wonder why they are maligned throughout the world. Last time O was at CDG, I was pickpocketed.

This time, they could not be any more rude….cutting lines, 50% of elevators and escalators were broken.

I actually had a security agent said he would speak French for me to get through customs….”for 20 U.S. Dollars”!

Seriously???!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6